Sunday, January 6, 2013

STILL THINKING CHRISTMAS!

 
LAST YEAR I DECIDED TO TRY TO GET SOME
FALL RUGS HOOKED WAY BEFORE THE SEASON.
I DID ACCOMPLISH THAT SO THIS YEAR
I DECIDED TO DO SOME THINGS FOR THE CHRISTMAS
SEASON SO I HAVE THEM READY IN
PLENTY OF TIME. AND HOW FUN TO HAVE SOME
NEW THINGS READY TO DISPLAY WHEN I
DECORATE. SO I HAD THIS PICTURE OF AN
ANTIQUE SAMPLER FOR SOME TIME AND HAD
ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN TO
STITCH. DONE IN JUST
TWO COLORS, A SIMPLE BAND SAMPLER WITH
ALPHABET'S AND A NAME AND YEAR AT
THE BOTTOM. LOOKING AT IT THE OTHER DAY
I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN TO STITCH IT
IN RED AND GREEN AND USE IT AT
CHRISTMAS FOR A SPECIAL SAMPLER. SO
I STARTED STITCHING IT LAST NIGHT.
I'M USING TWO OF MY FAVORITE DMC COLORS.
~ 355 RED ~
~ 3011 GREEN~
 
I THINK I'M REALLY GOING TO LOVE IT
WHEN IT'S DONE.
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

11 comments:

kelley said...

those are 2 of my favorite dmc colors too...there may be a lifetime supply of them here...your sampler is looking yummy...

waiting for Tina to start selling her patterns again so I can pick up a few simple ones...

Sue said...

The sampler looks good and I think it a great idea to get a head start on the next Christmas items:)

Your Zoe is precious! What kind of dog is that?

The Evening Stitcher said...

Beautiful Lori...I am hoping to be able to get back to stitching or hooking or something. Haven't picked up a needle in almost two months...shameful!! Love the colors and the pattern....I think you will be having enough to keep you busy...

HomeSpunPrims said...

Thank you ladies!

Kelley,
I am waiting too! There are more I want to get.

Bobbie,
Get hookin and stitchin girl!

Sue,
Zoe is a Snorkie, half Schnauzer/half Yorkie. Lori

Primitive Stars said...

Good for you, beautiful stitching.......I have to get better at hooking, Blessings Francine.

ohiofarmgirl said...

I love that idea. I am going to to work on a few more Christmas crafts before I move on also. Dianntha

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
I'm lovin' it, too.
So it's not just me who can't see Tina's samplers? I was just looking yesterday.
Hugs :)
Lauren

cucki said...

aww super cute stitching..i am also stitching christmas stithcy :)
love for you x

Peggy Lee said...

I recently found your blog. Your work is beautiful. I too am a sampler lover. My tastes have leaned more toward the primitive look lately.

Thanks for sharing your talent through your blog...I know I will enjoy following your creativity here.
:o)

HomeSpunPrims said...

Thank you Peggy Lee. Welcome! Lori

earlyamerica 1815 said...

Hi Lori...if you ask me, it's never too early to be thinking about Christmas!! I think about it year-round!! :) Your sampler looks wonderful...Talk soon, Tina