Wednesday, January 16, 2013

RED & GREEN FOUR PATCH

 
 
 
 
 
I RECENTLY MADE THIS SIMPLE FOUR PATCH QUILT
FOR OUR HOME FOR NEXT CHRISTMAS AND THOUGHT
I WOULD SHARE IT WITH YOU IN CASE ANYONE
WOULD LIKE TO DO ONE.
 
FINISHED SIZE IS: 19~1/2" X 19~1/2"
 
MAKE 25 FOUR PATCH BLOCKS
OUT OF TEN GREENS & TEN REDS
(MIX IN SOME HOMESPUNS)
 
CUT SQUARES FOR BLOCKS 2" X  2"
( CUT 50 GREEN & 50 RED)
 
PIECE BLOCKS MIXING DIFFERENT
COMBINATIONS FOR A SCRAPPY LOOK.
LAY OUT AND PIECE TOGETHER THE TOP.
 
I USED 4 DIFFERENT BLACK PRINTS AND
HOMESPUNS FOR MY BORDERS. THEY ARE
SEWN ON LIKE YOU WOULD DO A LOG CABIN
STRIP ON A LOG CABIN BLOCK. I STARTED ON
THE RIGHT SIDE TO SEW ON BORDERS.
 
1ST BORDER: CUT 15~1/2" X 2~3/4"
2ND BORDER: CUT 17~3/4" X 2~3/4"
3RD BORDER: CUT 17~3/4" X 2~3/4"
4TH BORDER: CUT 20" X 2~3/4"
 
I USED HOMESPUN FOR THE BACK AND
HAND QUILTED WITH TAN THREAD USING
CROSS HATCHING IN THE BLOCKS AND
DIAGONAL LINES IN THE BORDERS.
 
CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE FOR A BETTER LOOK.
 
HAVE FUN!
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI
 
 
 
 
 

16 comments:

earlyamerica 1815 said...

What a beautiful little quilt Lori, and how nice of you to share the instructions with us!! It will look so pretty with all of your other wonderful Christmas decorating!! Tina

WoolenSails said...

I really like the fabrics in that piece, really nice look.
Kelley gave me an unfinished piece with blocks and 9 patch and two side panels, so I added a border and now I am trying to decided if I want a simple stitch or a design in the large blocks. I wanted it for christmas, so thinking of a snowflake design in the larger ones.

Debbie

Primitive Stars said...

Love love the quilt, such pretty colors, great job, Francine.

Angie said...

I love this little quilt---and I'm so excited you shared the pattern with us. I am adding it to my list to do soon. :) Your little quilt is just beautiful.

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

perfect colors for such a sweet little quilt Lori!
TFS ~ will save your directions for a rainy day :)

jennifer768 said...

Love it! The colors are perfect for the quilt.Hugs,Jen

Val Reaves said...

Love what you've done...
Val in Kansas

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
I love it! Thanks for sharing. Makes me want to learn to quilt, but I don't have enough time now to stitch and hook. Maybe some day...sigh.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Wonderful little quilt! Love the colors you chose.

quiltsbycheri said...

four patches are one of my favorites, thanks for sharing and will be stitching up one of my own.......cheri

kelley said...

wonderful little quilt Lori...so perfectly simple...

cucki said...

Sweet little quilt xxx

my3Kitties said...

Your quilt is so cute! Thanks for sharing...

Sue said...

That is such a gorgeous quilt! I just love those rich colors!

Mugwump Woolies said...

Beautiful quilt, Lori!
Robyn

jody said...

love your little quilt! the colors are perfect! any time of the year!! enjoy your day!