Friday, January 25, 2013

KELLEY'S CATS

 
MY FRIEND KELLEY BELFAST OF
WITH HOOK & NEEDLE BLOG
DID A PN OF THESE CATS WAY BACK
IN 2009. I LOVED THEM SO ASKED HER TO DRAW
THEM UP FOR ME ON LINEN TO HOOK.
IT MEASURES 20" X 25".
THE CATS ARE HUGE!
I DECIDED THIS WAS THE TIME TO FINALLY
GET THEM HOOKED! WE HAVE HAD A VERY
COLD WEEK HERE WITH -22 A COUPLE OF NIGHTS
SO IT WAS A GREAT WEEK TO HOOK A RUG.
 
I PULLED MY LAST LOOP LAST NIGHT
AND BOUND IT THIS MORNING. I
USED MY TRUSTY STEAMER IRON AND
IT IS DRYING NOW. I LOVE KELLEY'S DESIGNS
BUT ESPECIALLY HER CATS! THANK YOU KELLEY,
FOR ANOTHER FUN DESIGN TO HOOK.
 
I WANT TO SAY A BIG THANK YOU FOR ALL
THAT BOUGHT FROM ME THIS WEEK.
I AM SO VERY THANKFUL FOR EACH ONE OF
YOU AND FOR ALL THOSE THAT VISIT ME
ON MY BLOG AND PT. I LOVE TO MAKE THINGS
WITH MY HANDS AND TO KNOW THAT OTHERS
LOVE THE THINGS I MAKE TRULY HUMBLES ME.
 
AN UPDATE ON BRIAN:
WE WENT TO MARSHFIELD LAST WEEK
AND BRIAN IS DOING VERY WELL.
HE DOESN'T HAVE TO SEE THE SURGEON FOR
A YEAR AND THE CARDIOLOGIST SOME
TIME THIS SUMMER. WE CONTINUE TO BE
AMAZED AT OUR HEAVENLY FATHER'S GOODNESS.
 
ON ROD:
UNFORTUNATELY ROD LOST HIS INDEX FINGER.
THEY HAD TO REMOVE IT SO HE IS DOWN TO
THE TWO MIDDLE FINGERS AND HIS THUMB,
WHICH I DON'T BELIEVE WAS DAMAGED IN THE
ACCIDENT.THANK YOU FOR
REMEMBERING THIS FAMILY.
 
KEEP WARM AND HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

11 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I love that rug and how you did the kitties, wonderful prim colors.

Debbie

annie said...

love the cat rug!! great design!
so glad Brian is doing so well.
Still been praying for Rod, hoping the other fingers will retain good blood flow and dexterity as he continues to heal and adjust!

Carol Stuck said...

I am glad to hear that your family members are doing much better. Your new rug is just beautiful. Love the cats!!!

hugs,
Carol

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hi Lori!...I adore that rug!!...glad to hear Brian is doing well :)

Janet

cucki said...

I am glad to hear that your family members are all feeling much better....
Your new rug is so cute..
i love cats so much..
hugs x

ann hermes said...

I do love two-cat rugs. I have two different ones in my house. I love yours, great expressions.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Hi Lori, I love the colors you used in this sweet rug! I adore that tobacco-y brown and black together! So happy Brian is doing well!
Stay warm,
Robyn

Orange Sink said...

Lori,
Yes... love Kelley's cats! Those colors are just great! It looks like a fun pattern to hook!
It's so good to hear Brian getting good check-ups and things going well! Prayers for continued good health!
I'll bet you are really looking forward to Spring! It's snowing like crazy here today!!
Hugs!!
Cathy G

Cammie said...

Love the simplicity of it! The colors are great too! Good Job! Thanks for sharing.
~Cammie~

my3Kitties said...

Glad to hear the hubby is doing good....and your kitty rug is just wonderful, LOVE the colors you used to hook it!
Tammy

thesimplequiet said...

Oh Lori! What a wonderful, wonderful Kelley Cat rug! I just love your colors and your hooking is gorgeous, as always ~ Perfect!

So happy to hear that Brian continues to improve. What a blessing!

rebecca