Sunday, December 30, 2012

TABLECLOTH & PRAYER REQUEST

MY SISTERS ARE LEAVING THIS MORNING.
I AM SAD ALREADY TO SEE THEM GO!
 
THIS IS OUR MOM'S CHRISTMAS TABLECLOTH.
WE ALWAYS REMEMBER HER HAVING IT OUT.
IT MUST BE CLOSE TO 50 YEARS OLD.
OUR MOM PASSED AWAY WHEN I WAS IN MY
30'S BUT SHE GAVE THIS TO ME SOME YEARS
BEFORE THAT. I ALWAYS PUT IT OUT WHEN THE
SISTERS COME. IT GIVES US COMFORT TO USE IT.
NO HOLES IN IT BUT THERE WERE SOME BAD
BROWN STAINS ON IT FROM USE OVER THE
YEARS. I NEVER KNEW WHAT TO USE TO
TAKE THEM OUT THAT WOULDN'T RUIN IT.
WELL I CAME ACROSS A RECIPE ON PINTEREST
I THOUGHT WORTH TRYING. I DID AND MOM'S
TABLECLOTH LOOKS LIKE NEW AGAIN!
HERE IS THE RECIPE IN CASE YOU HAVE
SOME LINENS TO TRY IT ON:
 
1/2 GALLON WARM WATER
1/2 CUP CASCADE
1/2 CUP BIZ
SOAK AS LONG AS NEEDED
~I DID IT OVERNIGHT~
 
AND TO THE PRAYER WARRIORS OUT
THERE I HAVE ANOTHER REQUEST IF YOU
WOULD BE SO KIND. THE FIL OF OUR NIECE
IN MISSOURI HAD FOUR FINGERS SEVERED
YESTERDAY WHILE HELPING TO SPLIT WOOD.
HE WAS LIFE FLIGHTED TO A BIG HOSPITAL
IN KANSAS CITY I BELIEVE AND THEY REATTACHED
THE INDEX AND TWO MIDDLE FINGERS.
THEY COULD NOT SAVE THE PINKY.
PLEASE PRAY FOR NO COMPLICATIONS
AND THAT ROD WILL HAVE BETTER USE
OF HIS FINGERS THAN EVEN THE DOCTORS
CAN IMAGINE. WE KNOW ALL THINGS ARE
POSSIBLE WITH THE LORD! THEY WORKED
ON HIM ALL NIGHT AND MAY STILL BE IN
SURGERY AS I TYPE THIS. THANK YOU SO VERY
MUCH FOR YOUR KINDNESS IN REMEMBERING
OTHERS YOU WILL NEVER MEET.
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI
 
 
 

15 comments:

Trace4J said...

Beautiful treasure Friend.
Lifting your nieces fil up in prayer.
Woolie love
Trace

Primitive Stars said...

Beautiful old Christmas table cloth, I have one like it.....So sorry to hear that, will say a prayer, Blesngs Francinesi.

Ronda Walker said...

What a shock for Rod and his Family, they will be in my prayers. Hugs, Ronda

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
Thanks for the recipe! I need to jot it down because I know I need to use it on some old linens.
Prayers coming his way.
Happy New Year.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Constance said...

Your tablecloth is beautiful, I've tried that before and it does work very well and I'm glad it worked for you. I will keep your family in my prayers and I wish you a warm wonderful new year.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Hi Lori...glad you had a fun visit with your sisters. You have a real gem of a Christmas tablecloth...what a wonderful way to keep memories alive...so many Christmas meals celebrated on that very cloth!
Prayers going up for your family.
Have a wonderful New Year, my sweet friend,
Robyn

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...


The table cloth is a wonderful reminder of your Mom. The recipe sounds like what my aunt used to clean linens.
Prayers for a speedy recovery for your family.
Louise

Sue said...

Oh I love the phrase Prayer Warriors. Not enough folks use it and yes, I will certainly pray about this situation. I have seen God mighty to heal in my own life and I will believe Him to heal this man's fingers that are being reattached.

May the Lord bless you and your loved ones in the coming year!

Sue

Heather Wise said...

On it! Praying right now!

I love the table cloth! i have items like that to remind me of my grandmom and aunt...

Love and Hugs!
Heather

missy said...

Praying that Rod will indeed surprise the doctors with how well his finger will work.

Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year .

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Beautiful tablecloth and so glad you were able to get the stains out.
Glad you enjoyed your visit with your sisters.
Your niece's FIL will certainly be in my prayers.

jody said...

lori, sending thoughts and prayers for your neices father in law.. gosh things happen so dang fast. scary..my son was working the other day at a job site and the guy behind him cut his hand off and dropped the saw..could of cut my sons foot off, thanx so much for the recipe for soaking linins. i had ordered some years ago and it was expencive and i seemed to go thru it fast, so will give this a try! i love vintage tablecloths. actually any linins and yours is special and beautiful! enjoy your evening~

annie said...

love that wonderful tablecloth!

praying for him.

Karen said...

I love bringing out these special treasures and the memories that they bring rushing back. That's a good recipe - I used to use something like that for my boy's socks when they were younger - worked like a charm. Keeping prayers going as well.

Cheryl Harper said...

Love the table cloth memory of your mom. saying a prayer for your friend.
Love your site - blessings for a wonderful new year.
hugs, Cheryl