Thursday, December 27, 2012

GIFTS FROM KATHY

 
HOPE YOU ALL HAD A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS!
WE SURE DID. WE LOOKED AT EACH OTHER
AND PRAISED THE LORD THAT WE ARE STILL
HERE TOGETHER. THAT WAS OUR GREATEST GIFT!
 
KATHY AND I EXCHANGED GIFTS LAST WEEK.
THE ABOVE IS A GORGEOUS RUNNER SHE MADE
FOR ME. THE CROSS STITCHING IS THE SAME
ON BOTH ENDS. IT IS LONG. SHE BOUGHT THE
RUNNER AND STITCHED THE DESIGN ON EACH
END. I LOVE IT!

THIS SWEET LITTLE MAT IS WOOL THAT KATHY
DID SOME PRECIOUS LITTLE EMBROIDERY ON.
SHE IS SOOO GOOD AT THAT! SHE ALSO GIFTED ME
WITH A LITTLE "SNOW GLOBE" SHE MADE FOR ME
WITH LITTLE BOTTLE BRUSH TREES INSIDE THAT
CAN SIT ON THE MAT BUT IT DIDN'T WANT TO
PHOTOGRAPH VERY WELL.

AND A YARD OF THIS YUMMY WOOL! YEP,
I AM BLESSED AND SHE SPOILS ME ROTTEN!!

I MADE THIS FRAMED SAMPLER FOR KATHY
FROM A PATTERN BY MY FRIEND TINA WOLTMAN.
MADE ME ONE TOO BUT IT'S SUCH A FUN STITCH
I ENJOYED DOING IT TWICE!

I MADE THIS DESIGN BY MY FRIEND PAM KURKOWSKI
INTO A LARGE PINKEEP FOR KATHY! I TOLD HER PAM
IS INTENDING A SERIES OF FOUR AND KATHY ASKED
IF I WAS MAKING THEM ALL FOR HER! LOL WELL YES,
I AM SURE I WILL!! AFTER ALL, SHE MUST HAVE
THE COMPLETE SET!!

AND ONE OF MY BELSNICKLE RUGS
FOR KATHY IN BLUE/GREEN.
 
TOMORROW MY SISTERS COME FOR
A TWO NIGHT VISIT. WE ARE SO EXCITED
THEY ARE COMING.  IF YOU REMEMBER, POOR
LOIS FELL OFF THE SHORT END OF OUR BACK DECK
WHEN THEY CAME LAST SUMMER AND BROKE HER
ANKLE!  IT'S MENDED WELL BUT BRIAN WAS
THINKING ABOUT GETTING A SNOW FENCE TO PUT
AROUND THE DECK FOR A JOKE!  SHHHHHH, DON'T TELL!
 
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY MY FRIENDS.
BLESSINGS TO ALL.
UNTIL NEXT TIME......LORI

8 comments:

WoolenSails said...

What wonderful gifts from both of you.

Debbie

Orange Sink said...

Hi Lori,
Agree and agree again that having each other is the best gift we can get!!
It is still so nice to have friends we can spoil and who spoil us in return! Such wonderful hand mades.... the best!!
Wishing you folks blessings for the New Year!
Hugs!!
Cathy G

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Lori ~ such wonderful gifts you gave and received ~ enjoy!
As soon as I started to read about your sisters coming ~ I thought oh no don't let her on the deck! A snow fence is a wonderful idea! smile...
Have lots of fun!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Mugwump Woolies said...

Lovely gifts...coming and going! Have a wonderful visit with your sisters...Happy New Year!
Robyn

jennifer768 said...

Love the wonderful gifts the two of you shared.Yes the best gift is being together.Enjoy your visit with your sisters.Hugs,Jen

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Such wonderful gifts for you and her! Enjoy those sisters of yours :)

moosecraft said...

Wow! That table runner is gorgeous! And I like the finishing of the bittersweet design. I stitched that too but did not finish yet as I could not make up my mind? Pillow it is! :-) Have a wonderful visit with your sisters!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
What wonderful gifts ~ given and received!
Enjoy your sisters' visit.
Happy New Year!
Hugs :)
Lauren