Thursday, September 6, 2012

NEW~OLD BEAR

SO I WAS LOOKING ON EBAY AT ANTIQUE
QUILTS THE OTHER DAY FOR SOME INSPIRATION
AND THIS LITTLE GUY POPPED UP! I WASN'T
LOOKING FOR ANOTHER ANTIQUE BEAR
RIGHT NOW BUT THOUGHT I MIGHT LIKE TO
COLLECT MORE AT SOME DATE AND TIME.
WELL HE WAS "BUY IT NOW" AND THE PRICE
WAS GREAT SO I HIT THE BUTTON AND
HE CAME TO LIVE AT OUR HOUSE THIS WEEK!
HE IS IN GREAT CONDITION WITH SOME WEAR TO
HIS MOHAIR FUR BUT I LOVE THAT.


HE EVEN HAS THE HUMP BACK AND
MOVING ARMS, LEGS AND HEAD.

LOOK AT THAT SWEET LITTLE FACE!
THE ONLY THING MISSING ON HIM WAS
HIS SHOE BUTTON EYES. I HAPPEN TO
HAVE A FEW ANTIQUE ONES AND I HAD
THE PERFECT SIZE FOR HIM. SO NOW HE
CAN SEE AGAIN! HE IS THE BEST BROWN/GOLD
COLOR. HE MAKES MY FOURTH ANTIQUE
BEAR. UH OH, YOU KNOW HOW I LOVE
UNEVEN NUMBERS. GUESS THERE WILL
BE A FIFTH MR. BEAR COMING TO LIVE
WITH US SOME DAY! IN THE MEANTIME
THIS LITTLE FELLOW IS A HAPPY ADDITION.

UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

18 comments:

cucki said...

i love bears too..old ones are beary THE BEST..
and he is so cute.
love x

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

He's a Sweetie~
smiles
Teresa

The Humble Stitcher said...

I love him, Lori! When you squeeze his tummy, can you feel if there is a squeaker? Old bears are just the best and he really is a cutie :) Congratulations!
Sandy

HomeSpunPrims said...

Sandy,
I don't feel one. I forgot to say he is about 16" tall. A sweety to be sure. I'm tickled to have him. Lori

Sandra said...

Lucky you!! I love him.
Sandra
Homespun Elegance

Penny said...

Your new old bear is just wonderful.....Love him (her?)....what a great find!

Angi at drakestone primitives country cabin said...

I am a Bear person too and love him.. Angi

Bittersweetfolkart said...

Lori
he is wonderful ..lucky you !

Primitive Stars said...

Hello Lucky Lori, OMG!!! he is so so sweet, love me some old teddies. He is really a great buy, give him a big hug from me. Blessings Francine.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Lori, he is just wonderful...the perfect size and color and the sweetest face! Such a lucky fellow to be able to call your lovely home his new home.
Robyn

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

What a wonderful bear! Congratulations on your awesome new buddy!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
He is a very sweet guy. LOVE that face. HHHMMMMM! I see another bear in the not so distant future!!! Go for it.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Raymond Homestead said...

Awww, he's so cute, what a face!

basketsnprims said...

I love your bear, Lori. He's perfect.
hugs,
pam

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
I'll bet the first thing your sweet little bear said when he could see was...."Oh my goodness! This MUST BE HEAVEN"! Not only does he have a wonderful home, but now he has some other siblings too!! Can you imagine all they will be whispering about later??
So happy you both found each other!
He is Wonderful!
Big Hugs and Smiles~~
Julie

earlyamerica 1815 said...

Lori, Mr. Bear is adorable!!! What a wonderful little addition to your antique bear collection!! I know how you are about uneven numbers...I'll bet there is a fifth addition before we know it!! Good luck "bear hunting"...Have a fun day, Tina

Shelley said...

Who could resist that sweet face...not me surly...a great find to grace your home...have you given him a name yet? Just wondering..I name all my bears :) Blessings

HomeSpunPrims said...

Shelley,
No, I haven't named him yet. Any suggestions? Lori