Sunday, September 2, 2012

1820 SUNFLOWER RUG & PN STARTED


WELL, HERE IT IS ALL DONE! I HAD SO MUCH
FUN DOING CATHY'S DESIGN WITH MY LEFTOVERS
FROM PREVIOUS RUGS. THANKS FOR A FUN
DESIGN CATHY G! YOU CAN CLICK ON THE PIC
TO ENLARGE IT IF YOU LIKE.


RIGHT NOW I AM HAVING FUN PUNCHING THIS DESIGN
BY LORI BRECHLIN. I WAS INSPIRED TO TRY USING
VALDANI PEARL COTTON #12 BY REBECCA.
I AM COMBINING IT WITH SOME DMC FLOSS.
I LOVE THE LOOK OF THE VALDANI. I THINK
I WILL BE COMBINING THESE THREADS IN FUTURE
PN PROJECTS. THIS ONE WILL BE OFFERED FOR SALE
IN MY NEXT UPDATE WHICH I HOPE TO DO IN A WEEK
OR TWO. I STILL HAVE SOME QUILTS TO FINISH
AND THOSE PUMPKIN DOLLS TO AGE AND DRESS.
BUT I WILL GET THEM ALL DONE FOR A FUN UPDATE
FOR YOU TO SEE.

ALSO WANTED TO THANK YOU ALL FOR CONTINUING
TO LIFT UP WINTER AND HER FAMILY IN YOUR PRAYERS.
AND IF YOU COULD PLEASE REMEMBER KATHY, LOIS AND
BRIAN YET TOO. KATHY IS HAVING SOME SYMPTOMS
AND THEY ARE TRYING TO FIGURE THINGS OUT.
SHE HAS BEEN IN OUR HOSPITAL BUT WAS RELEASED
TODAY. SHE WILL UNDERGO SOME MORE TESTS YET
THO. IT MAY BE A BLEEDING ISSUE. AND BRIAN'S
HEART WENT BACK INTO A~FIB THE OTHER DAY.
OUR DOCTOR HERE WILL CONTACT OUR
CARDIOLOGIST IN MARSHFIELD THAT DID THE
CARDIOVERSION AND SEE WHAT HE RECOMMENDS
BUT IT WON'T BE UNTIL AT LEAST TUES. BECAUSE
OF THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND. LOIS IS DOING WELL.
SHE GOES BACK TO SEE HER ORTHOPEDIC ON THURS.
THIS WEEK AND WILL KNOW MORE ON WHEN SHE
CAN PUT PRESSURE ON HER FOOT. THANK YOU EVER
SO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR CARING THOUGHTS
AND PRAYERS. I KNOW MANY HAVE THEIR OWN
BURDENS AND WE SO APPRECIATE YOU TAKING THE
TIME TO REMEMBER US. ENJOY THE HOLIDAY!

UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

11 comments:

The Evening Stitcher said...

Hi Lori....I love the rug! Your NP looks beautiful..I'm so in the mood for cooler weather...my goodness, Lori...so sorry that Brian went back into that darn a-fib...that is a tough one to control..glad Lois is doing well, and I hope everything turns out well for Kathy. You are all in our prayers! You all have been through a lot this summer...prayers and love coming your way!

kelley said...

Hugs, prayers always Lori and Brian...

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful new pieces, I guess I need to get out my fall decorations and see what I have and of course what I want to make.

Debbie

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Hi Lori, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your hook rugs that you made. I have a been trying to do one and NO WAY I can do it. It takes alot of skill and talent to make those beautiful hook rugs.
I am DROOLING over yours. They always come out with PERFECTION!!!!

I sure will keep the 3 of them in prayer.
Prayers will be answered.
Big Hugs,
Tricia

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Love your rug and the punch needle piece is really looking great!
Wishing each on a speedy recovery. I've been dealing with A-Fib since I was 27 and it can sure be tricky hope they get Brian's under control.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
LOVE how the your sunflower came out. I ordered the pattern but don't know where I'll find the time to hook it.
I, too, want to try the Valdani pearl cotton after seeing Rebecca's pieces.
Prayers to one and all.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Kim said...

Great job on the sunflower. I'm working on a Cathy G design now too.

Pamela@ Our Pioneer Homestead said...

WOW, they're terrific~!

Orange Sink said...

Lori,
The rug is wonderful! Perfectly prim as only your hand can do!! Thank-you again for choosing to hook my pattern and sharing on your blog! I did get some more orders for patterns as a result! I'm so very appreciative!!
Love how the Pn piece is coming along!
I will keep everyone in thought and prayer..... you've had quite the summer with health concerns. Praying things will simmer down and you can enjoy the Fall with less worries.
Big hugs!!
Cathy G

cucki said...

wowwwwwwwwwwww
they are so cute x

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
The rug turned out just perfect and I LOVE the colors and how you used up all those scrappy pieces to make it so unique! Love Cathy G's design too and I know she must feel so proud to see it created by you!! Wonderful!!
I'm so sorry to hear that Brian and Kathy have both been having some issues and have prayed for both of them as they come to mind!! Glad your sis is doing well and hope she gets a good report too! So happy to know that God is "on call" 24/7 and never tires of our prayers! Thanks for keeping us updated!
Thank you for always leaving such sweet comments on my blog and know that they make my heart smile!!
Have a wonderful week!
Warm Hugs~~
Julie