Saturday, August 4, 2012

SCORE!


YESTERDAY I DROVE TO A LITTLE ANTIQUES SHOW 45
MILES AWAY IN WI. THE SHOW WAS NICE BUT WHAT
PRIMITIVE ANTIQUES THEY HAD WERE PRICEY.
I DIDN'T BUY ANYTHING THERE BUT IT WAS NICE TO
LOOK AROUND AT EVERYTHING. AS I WAS PULLING OUT
OF THERE I SPOTTED A SIGN ACROSS THE STREET THAT
SAID ANTIQUES FOR SALE SO I POPPED OVER THERE
TO SEE WHAT THEY HAD. IT WAS OUTSIDE A BUSINESS.
I GUESS THE LADY WAS GETTING RID OF HER SURPLUS.
I COULDN'T BELIEVE MY LUCK WHEN I SPOTTED TWO
ANTIQUE TIN CANDLE MOLDS AND AN OLD CANDLE BOX
FOR VERY LOW PRICES. THE CANDLE MOLDS WERE ONLY $12.
& $14. DOLLARS AND THEN SHE CAME DOWN TO TEN BUCKS
EACH ON THOSE! I HAD THREE BUT I THOUGHT TWO MORE
WOULD LOOK GREAT ON MY CUPBOARD WITH THE OTHERS
AND MY HOG SCRAPER CANDLESTICKS SO I BOUGHT THEM.
YOU KNOW HOW I LOVE THOSE UNEVEN NUMBERS!
THE CANDLE BOX WAS PRICED AT $20. AND I DIDN'T MIND
PAYING THAT. IT'S WORN AND SMOOTH AND I LOVE THE
PATINA ON IT. SO MY TRIP WASN'T A BUST AFTER ALL!


I PUT THE CANDLE BOX ON THE SIDE OF
A KITCHEN CUPBOARD AND PUT AN OLD BUTTER
PADDLE IN IT.

THE CANDLE MOLDS FILLED OUT MY COLLECTION
NICELY ON MY OLD PIE SAFE.


I LOVE TO WATCH AMERICAN PICKERS!
THEY WERE IN OUR LITTLE TOWN DOING SOME
PICKING A LITTLE OVER A WEEK AGO! I DIDN'T
SEE THEM BUT IT WAS FUN TO THINK I CAME SO
CLOSE TO MEETING THEM.

HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAVING A GREAT WEEKEND!
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

23 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Oh my Lori! You did score ~ BIG TIME!!! Congrats on your finds.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

WoolenSails said...

Nice finds, I miss antiquing, we used to have a really nice store that had new prims on one floor and the upper floor was for antique booths.

Debbie

ihook2 said...

Great finds. I love watching American Pickers too.
Pam

cucki said...

Aww lovely finds :)
Xxx

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

hi, Lori~ Great picks~ So close the the Pickers~ I think I am addicted to them~ I keep watching repeats of the shows~ they are so funny & find amazing places to pick ~ I just love the freestyle one's~
enjoy the day
smiles
Teresa

marly said...

Score is right! That box is great you lucky gal!

The Wool Cupboard said...

Great buys, Lori! Love the box, esp!

Linda

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
Wow! You were definitely in the RIGHT PLACE at the RIGHT TIME!! So happy for you that you found some things you love and could add to your collection! LOVE the box and what you did with it too!! Also LOVE the candle molds and they look great with the hogscraper candlesticks!!
I also love to watch A. Pickers and get such a kick out of them! Jeff laughs at me when I see them surrounded by old crocks, chairs and other things that I would buy and they just walk past them! That would have been fun to meet them!!
Take care and I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!!
Big Hugs~~
Julie

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Awesome finds! I'm so glad your trip was a successful one. Your collections look great!

Penny said...

Love all your wonderful finds! And at such great prices!! Lucky you.... you definitely scored big-time!!

Merry Wind Farm said...

Hi, Lori,
What great finds, I especially love that candle box, it looks so prim with the paddle in it. Don't you love a great score?
Melinda

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Lori, oh you hit the jackpot, love those candlestick molds, wow!!! and the box, love the color. I also enjoy watching those Picker guys, really neat they were there. Blessings Francine.

The Evening Stitcher said...

WOW! YOU DID HIT THE JACKPOT, LORI!! REALLY NICE FINDS..I LOVE AMERICAN PICKERS..SO COOL...WHEN WILL THAT SHOW BE AIRED? I'LL HAVE TO MAKE SURE AND WATCH...

HomeSpunPrims said...

Bobbie,
The episode here should be on the Pickers show in about 3 months.

Heather Wise said...

Awww! Great finds! And, The Pickers were in your town! How cool! I love them too! My husband and I are always scanning for them when we go antiquing. Do you ever go "picking" and think, "Oooh, Mike or Frank would like that!" My hubby and I chuckle when we do that! I am enjoying reading your blog and your wonderful testimony to God's sovereign power!

Daughternature Primitive Folk Art said...

Oh I love your candle mold display! I just started watching American Pickers. It's a fun show. smiles - BJ

kelley said...

The candle box is a beauty! Glad you had some fun antiqueing...

renee said...

Well I would say you did very well! I like everything.
Thanks for sharing.
Renee

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Wonderful finds Lori! Great price too!!! I found more vintage/prim treasures in MI than I ever find here in WI.
To funny the American Pickers were here in WI and made it into our paper too!
Enjoy your wonderful finds!
Prim Blessings
Robin

thesimplequiet said...

Lori, love your finds and the way you displayed them ~ beautiful, as always!

rebecca

frontporchprims said...

No kidding:) What wonderful antiques for awesome prices. That always makes me sooo happy. -Steph-

Mugwump Woolies said...

Wow, Lori, you did very well! The candle molds look terrific and the candle box has the "look" we all love. American Pickers is a hit at our house, too. Even Mr.M stays awake to watch!
Robyn

Beckyjean said...

Fabulous finds Lori!!