Wednesday, August 8, 2012

PUMPKIN QUILT & HUBBY UPDATE


GOOD WEDNESDAY MORNING!
THOUGHT I'D GIVE YOU A LOOKY SEE AT THE
APPLIQUE QUILT I AM MAKING FOR MY NEXT
UPDATE. I'M KIND OF PLANNING AS I GO.
I HAVE MORE IDEAS FOR IT SO IT WILL
BE FUN TO SEE HOW IT COMES OUT. THE
PUMPKINS AND CROW DESIGNS WERE FROM
SOME OF MY QUILT BOOKS AND THE GOURD
I DREW UP LOOKING AT ONE OF MY REAL GOURDS.
IT WILL BE HAND QUILTED.

BRIAN HAD THE ELECTRICAL CARDOVERSION
DONE YESTERDAY. THEY HAD TO SHOCK HIS
HEART TWICE TO GET IT TO STAY IN REGULAR
RHYTHM. I GUESS THAT IS NOT UNCOMMON WHEN
THE HEART HAS BEEN IN AFIB AS LONG AS HIS HAS,
SINCE HIS SURGERY BEFORE MEMORIAL WEEKEND.
WE WENT DOWN THERE ON MONDAY AS HE HAD
TO BE AT THE HOSPITAL AT 8 AM FOR BLOODWORK.
THEY DIDN'T KEEP HIM LONG AFTER THE CARDIOVERSION
AND WE WERE GLAD AS WE HAD TO KENNEL ZOE AGAIN
AND WE WERE ABLE TO PICK HER UP ON THE WAY
HOME BEFORE THE PLACE CLOSED FOR THE DAY.
SHE WAS HAPPY TO SEE US AND WE WERE HAPPY
TO SEE HER. AT LEAST IT WAS ONLY OVERNIGHT
THIS TIME. THANK YOU FOR ANY AND ALL
CONTINUED PRAYERS. IT'S SUCH A COMFORT TO
KNOW SO MANY CARE. BRIAN WENT TO WORK
TODAY. HE JUST HAD TO TAKE IT EASY YESTERDAY.

I'VE GOT LOTS OF FUN IDEAS FOR OFFERINGS FOR FALL.
WE'LL SEE HOW MANY I CAN GET DONE!
HAVE A GREAT DAY AND DREAM OF COOLER
DAYS AND FROST ON THE PUMPKIN!
I PLAN TO PICK SOME YARROW AND BLACK
EYED SUZIES TODAY TO DRY.

UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

11 comments:

The Evening Stitcher said...

Good morning, Lori! So happy that Brian's heart is in a regular rhythm...that a-fib is a tough one! So glad that your were able to come home and pick up your baby! I love your quilt and can't wait to see your other goodies on your update..looking forward to going to Sauder next week...I wish you could come..as usual...your blog is a wealth of inspiration!! Prayers always!

annie said...

looking forward to seeing your work, I love pumkins & crows!

so very thankful he is doing so well.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Happy to hear that Brian is doing so well! Pumpkins and gourds...the perfect combination!
Robyn

Raymond Homestead said...

Good to hear Brian is doing well! Love the pumpkins!

cucki said...

aww i love pumpkins and crows too..
so happy to hear that brian is doing well..
big hugs cucki xx

Cat Haven Craft House said...

Wonderful hubby news!!! And sweet fall crafting. I love to see pumpkins everywhere.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
I'm so glad Brian came through his testing and that all went well! This has been a long road but I'm so happy God has walked right along and even carried you both!!
I'm happy you have Sweet Zoe too, to be a source of comfort and joy!!
Love your new pumpkins and hope you get lots more done! This time of year seems to make all of us long for fall and all those amazing colors!!
Have a happy day!!
Big Hugs~~
Julie
Julie

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hi Lori!...your quilt is lovely...so glad to hear that Brian continues to improve...my hubs, Don, had to have an unexpected surgery last month and is back to work as well :)

Janet

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

So glad Brian did so well and is back to work. The quilt is looking quite nice. Hope the Autumn coolness gets here soon :)

Orange Sink said...

Lori,
So glad to hear they are getting Brian's heart functioning normally. You all have been through so much and I know you are strong in faith! It helps to have that positive outlook doesn't it! I bet Zoe thinks she is going to the babysitters whenever she gets into the car now!
Your pumkins look wonderful! Loving the fall colors and so ready for the season to get here! Keep going on the path to health!!
Hugs!
Cathy G

Karen said...

I hope all is well at your house.

The pumpkin piece you are working on makes me want to get out the fall fabrics and make something with a pumpkin on it. I am going to look at my patterns and books and come up with one.