Thursday, August 23, 2012

OH NO!!!!!


THIS IS MY YOUNGER SISTER LOIS.
SHE AND MY SISTER LINDA CAME TO VISIT
ON TUES. ALL WAS GOING GREAT AND WE
WERE HAVING SUCH A GREAT TIME.......
UNTIL YESTERDAY AFTERNOON!

LOIS WAS OUT HERE ON OUR BACK DECK
AND FELL OFF THE ONE END! IT'S ONLY ABOUT
A FOOT OFF THE GROUND BUT SHE LANDED ON
HER FOOT JUST RIGHT TO TWIST THE ANKLE AND
SHE HEART IT SNAP. WE PUT ICE ON IT RIGHT AWAY
AND RUSHED HER TO THE HOSPITAL HERE. SHE WAS
IN A LOT OF PAIN. IT IS BROKEN, THUS SHE HAS A
SPLINT ON IT UNTIL SHE SEE'S THE ORTHOPED DOC
WHERE SHE LIVES NEXT WEEK. THEY HAD PLANNED
ON STAYING UNTIL TOMORROW (FRIDAY) AND ARE STILL
DOING THAT. SHE WOULD HAVE TO LAY AROUND AT HOME
ANYWAY SO MIGHT AS WELL GET SOME VISITING IN!
POOR LOIS, I FEEL SO BAD FOR HER. A FEW YEARS AGO
SHE BROKE HER RIGHT FOOT AND I HAD A BROKEN
RIGHT ANKLE AT THE SAME TIME! THESE THINGS CAN
HAPPEN SO QUICKLY AND THEN YOU HAVE TO ADJUST
YOUR LIFE TO ADAPT TO THE SITUATION. I KNOW SHE WILL.

MY SISTER'S ARE THE BEST! WHEN BRIAN HAD HIS EMERGENCY
HEART SURGERY IN MAY THEY RUSHED TO BE WITH US AND
DROVE 8 STRAIGHT HOURS TO GET TO US IN MARSHFIELD.
I LOVE THEM DEARLY AND AM SO THANKFUL FOR
MY TWO SISTER'S. I AM THE MIDDLE SISTER.
HOORAY FOR SISTER'S!

SO OUR PLANS HAVE CHANGED A BIT BUT WE
ARE STILL TOGETHER AND STILL ABLE TO VISIT AND
ENJOY EACH OTHERS COMPANY FOR TODAY.

I HOPE YOU WILL HAVE A MOST WONDERFUL
DAY TOO. UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

17 comments:

Orange Sink said...

Oh no is right Lori! You tell Lois my thoughts and prayers are with her for a speedy recovery! She has the best of care right there with you!!
Hugs!!
Cathy G

Sandra said...

Oh Lori,
You have had enough bad luck. I hope your sister does well and you all can enjoy this time together. My arm is in a brace for five weeks and I hate it. I cannot imagine
breaking my leg. Makes my problem seem minimal. You have to take care of yourself so you can take care of others. Many Happy Stitches, Sandra
www.plainfancymerchant.blogspot.com
Homespun Elegance

Penny said...

Poor Lois!! Sorry to hear about her misfortune..... Looks like she is making the most of it, however, and resting up. I'm sure you will all still have a fabulous time together.... there's nothing like sisters! I have 3, and I have 3 daughters..... it's a blessing to be sure..... Enjoy the rest of your visit together!
Penny

cucki said...

oh no..poor lois..
she is in my thoughts and prayers.
hugs for you all.xxx

WoolenSails said...

That is the fun of getting older, doesn't take much to break something. I hope she heals quickly and isn't in too much pain.

Debbie

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Oh Bummer!
Hope Lois heals up quick!
So sweet that they stayed out their vacation time with you. Enjoy!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Lori, yes, Sisters are the best. Thats really to bad, but at least you can all be together still. I`m sure Sisters are a great comfort. Blessings Francine.

Raymond Homestead said...

What a bummer! Like you said, at least you are still together and able to visit!

quiltsbycheri said...

she looks as comfy as one could be in this situation..... and i'm sure you are a smiling Florence Nightingale......


Heather Wise said...

Your sister is in my prayers!!!!

Blessings,
Heather

earlyamerica 1815 said...

Oh my gosh Lori!!! What a terrible thing to have happen!! Lois looks adorable and I am so glad to hear that you decided not to alter your plans by the two of them leaving early. Yes...SISTERS...I have four of them and theya re such a blessing, through the good and the bad. I can't imagine my life without them!! Enjoy the rest of your time together and please tell Lois that I am praying for her speedy recovery!! Tina

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Bummer! I've been there ~ not fun to be sidelined!! Lots of positive thoughts coming her way!!

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Your poor sister I hope she isn't in to much pain. So glad you and your sisters are still having a great time!!

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Ouch....so sorry your sis hurt her foot. Praying and hoping it heals quickly! I agree HOORAY for sisters I have 3 of them.

Mugwump Woolies said...

So sorry to hear about Lois's ankle. Hope she has a speedy recovery...and that the three of you enjoy your time together.
Have a great weekend,
Robyn

Jeni said...

Dear Lori,
Can you please tell me which book to find the star block from Linda Brannock? I would love to make her quilt design! Also, I would love for you to submit a design to Primitive Quilts and Projects Magazine! Go to the website to email me, if you are interested, you make wonderful things! Thank you!
Jeni

dee begg said...

Ouch! That doesn't sound like it was much fun! Hopefully she will have a speedy recovery. In the meantime, she has a few servants....errr sisters to help her out!

D