Thursday, August 16, 2012

A VISIT AND GIFTS


MY FRIEND JUDY CAME TO VISIT YESTERDAY FOR
THE DAY. WE HAD SUCH A NICE DAY. KATHY WAS ABLE
TO JOIN US FOR PART OF IT TOO. JUDY LIVES ABOUT 80
MILES FROM ME. WE DON'T GET TOGETHER AS OFTEN
AS I WOULD LIKE BUT IT'S ALWAYS FUN WHEN WE DO!
SHE BROUGHT ME SOME BELATED B~DAY GIFTS I
THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE...
THIS WONDERFUL SMALL PENNY HOOKED MAT
SEEN ABOVE THAT JUDY HOOKED ESPECIALLY FOR ME.
LOVE IT! IN BLUES AND NEUTRALS IT LOOKS GREAT
IN THE BROWN/BLUE BEDROOM.


THIS  OLD RUSTY LITTLE WHEEL FOR OUTSIDE. JUDY HAS
A FEW OF THESE AROUND HER YARD AND I HAVE
ALWAYS LOVED HOW THEY LOOKED. THIS IS THE SECOND
ONE SHE HAS GIFTED TO ME IN RECENT YEARS. THE
OTHER ONE IS A BIT BIGGER BUT STILL A SMALL WHEEL.
IT'S THE ONE IN THE PREVIOUS POST IN FRONT OF THE
CHAIR WITH THE POT OF GERANIUMS ON IT.



AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST THIS JUDY CONDON BOOK!
SHE SPOILED ME ROTTEN I MUST SAY. I LOVE IT
ALL. THANK YOU JUDY!!! YOU KNOW JUST WHAT I
LOVE AND ALWAYS PICK THE PERFECT GIFTS.
SO DOES KATHY. THEY BOTH KNOW ME WELL!!

KATHY IS DOING GOOD. IT WAS NICE TO HAVE A DAY
TOGETHER TO JUST VISIT AND LOOK AT FUN
THINGS. I HELPED JUDY GET THE MAGDALENA BRINER
DOUBLE HORSE RUG DRAWN UP TO HOOK. IT WILL
BE THE BIGGEST RUG SHE HAS HOOKED TO DATE.

ALSO WANTED TO MENTION THAT  LAST I TALKED TO
LITTLE WINTER'S
 GRANDMA, SHE WAS DOING WELL ALSO. SHE AND HER
LITTLE SISTERS SEEM TO HAVE ACCEPTED IT ALL IN STRIDE
AND PLAY LIKE NOTHING IS DIFFERENT. THE INNOCENCE
OF CHILDREN. THEY ARE SO TRUSTING AND ACCEPTING.
A LESSON FOR ALL OF US I EXPECT.

I AM WORKING ON MY NEXT UPDATE ITEMS BUT I DON'T
THINK I'LL BE READY FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS OR MORE.
I HAVE A FEW MORE THINGS I'D LIKE TO MAKE.
I AM BINDING THE PUMPKIN/CROW QUILT TODAY
THAT I SHOWED YOU THE START OF IN A PREVIOUS POST.
MORE NEWS ON THAT TO COME.

UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

5 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
What perfect gifts from a dear friend!!!
Hugs :)
Lauren

cucki said...

wow such a sweet gifts from your sweet friend.
big hugs
cucki xx

thesimplequiet said...

Lori, your blog is like fresh air! Your spirit of kindness and giving, your gratefulness and graciousness ~ you are an inspiration always! Thank you for brightening my day!

rebecca

Mugwump Woolies said...

Lori, aren't gal pals the best? Your new goodies fit their new surroundings in your beautiful home perfectly.
Have a great weekend,
Robyn

annie said...

lovely gifts!