Wednesday, July 25, 2012

TUMBLIN DOWN PROGRESS & BRIAN'S FOLLOW UP....

I'VE BEEN ABLE TO GET A BIT MORE DONE ON MY
RUG. HERE IS A HAPPY GREEN PUMPKIN TO JOIN
THE BOTTOM ONE.

I USED A NEW WOOL FROM REBECCA ERB'S CURRENT
SAMPLES CALLED ARMY BLANKET. IT HAS A NICE SOFT
LOOK. I OUTLINED THE MOUTH AND EYES WITH A MUSTARD/
BLACK WOOL I THINK IS ALSO FROM REBECCA A LONG
WHILE AGO. I LIKE THE GREEN AS IT'S A NICE SOFT,
MUTED COLOR. YOU CAN SEE I'VE STARTED THE
NEXT GUY WHO WILL BE PUMPKIN IN COLOR.
I AM REALLY HAVING FUN WITH THESE GUYS!

HERE IS THE BOTTOM PUMPKIN WOOL CALLED
JOSEPH'S COAT BUT IT'S FROM A 2008 MAILER
AND I DON'T KNOW IF REBECCA CARRIES IT
ANYMORE.  I DON'T HAVE TOO BIG A PIECE LEFT
BUT YOU CAN SEE HOW ONE SIDE IS MUCH MORE
MUTED THAN THE OTHER. THE GREEN ON THE
BOTTOM IS THE ARMY BLANKET. YOU CAN
CLICK ON MY PICS TO MAKE THEM BIGGER
TO SEE THEM BETTER.

WE GOT HOME LAST NIGHT FROM MARSHFIELD.
BRIAN HAD HIS FOLLOW UP APPOINTMENTS ALL
DAY YESTERDAY.  A LONG DAY BUT ALL WENT WELL.
THIS IS DR. BRAXTON AND BRIAN. DR. BRAXTON IS
THE SURGEON WE BELIEVE THE LORD USED TO
SAVE BRIAN'S LIFE! WE LOVE DR. BRAXTON. HE IS A
VERY CARING DOCTOR AND WE KNOW HE WAS HAPPY
TO SEE BRIAN DOING SO WELL. WE DON'T HAVE TO
SEE HIM AGAIN FOR 6 MONTHS.

BRIAN DOES STILL HAVE A LITTLE A FIB THO SO
HE IS SCHEDULED FOR AN ELECTRICAL CARDIOVERSION
IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS OR SO TO SHOCK THE HEART
BACK INTO REGULAR RHYTHM. THE CARDIOLOGIST WE
SAW FOR THAT DIDN'T THINK AT THIS TIME IT WOULD GO
BACK IN ON IT'S OWN BUT I AM STILL PRAYING IT DOES
AND WE KNOW THROUGH THE LORD ALL THINGS ARE
POSSIBLE. WE THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR
CONTINUED PRAYERS ON THIS JOURNEY.

THAT'S ALL MY NEWS FOR NOW. I HOPE TO KEEP
WORKING ON MY TUMBLIN DOWN AND GET IT
DONE THIS WEEKEND IF NOT BEFORE.

HAVE A MOST WONDERFUL OF DAYS MY FRIENDS.
WE ARE GETTING BLESSED RAIN AND COOLER TEMPTS
TODAY.  UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

20 comments:

woolyredrug said...

Love your pumpkins Lori! Perfect wool choices!!! Great to see Brian looking so well, thanks for the update...thoughts and prayers continue with you both! We've had a bit of rain and a little less heat...but I'm ready for some cool Autumn breezes! ~L

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
Your post made me smile today!! I love the happy green pumpkin guy!! I also love seeing your happy husband....he looks really great!! I know you are so very thankful to the Lord and the Dr. for taking such good care of Brian!
Happy too for your rain and cooler temps! We are finally having some wonderful weather here! Still plugging away at my projects! Can't wait to see your finished rug!!
Have a Happy Day my friend~~
Happy Hugs~~
Julie

WoolenSails said...

Your pumpkins are coming along wonderfully, such fun piece. I have the gordies gang wool hanging, still need to make that. I am so happy to hear that Brian is doing well and a testament that God does listen.

Debbie

cucki said...

i love your pumpkins so much..super cute..
have a lovely day dear xx

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Glad to hear Brian is doing good~ I will continue praying~
Pretty pumpkins~
smiles
Teresa

Penny said...

Love the Tumblin Down Pumpkins!! Your color choices are wonderful.... sure do wish I knew how to do such beautiful work....
So glad to hear that Brian is doing well! Thank God for Dr. Braxton!!

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Lori, always great to hear good news, so happy Brian is well. Oh I love that rug so far, the green is so prim perfect, pumpkins just make me smile. Blessings Francine.

annie said...

Love the pumpkins!
Love the colors!


Really love the good news and Thank God for Dr. Braxton & for your husband doing so well!

Orange Sink said...

Smiling pumpkins are my favorite! The rug is really looking great! That's a really nice photo of Brian and the Doc! Surely is a blessing that things are going well and will continue prayers for the heart to mend!
Hugs!
Cathy G

Raymond Homestead said...

Cute pumpkins and good report!

bayrayschild said...

Hi Lori!
Beautiful work and very glad to hear that Brian is recooperating nicely!

Audrey

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Your tumbling down pumpkins are turning out wonderfully!!!
Love the colors!
YaHoo Brian ~ so glad you are doing so well!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Darlene said...

What a happy piece...love it!

newburyarts said...

*****lori...you hooking is beautiful!!! i'll e-mail you today. blessings to brian!!! tom

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

I just love there faces!!

Mugwump Woolies said...

Hi Lori,
Your rug is so wonderful...the colors are fabulous! Brian looks so good! So happy things are going well.
Can't wait to see this jolly rug finished!
Take care,
Robyn

earlyamerica 1815 said...

Oh Lori...what weonderful news about Brian!!! So happy for you both and I will continue to send prayers your way!!!

Your rug is looking SO COOL!!! You always chose the best colors...can't wait to see it when it is all finished!!

Have a wonderful day...and again...so happy to hear the good news about Brian!!!
Tina

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

That is GREAT news!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wonderful news about Brian!! What a great photo of him and his dr.....He truly looks healthy and happy! Your rug is gorgeous!!! I love pumpkins anything - and the colors you've chosen are incredible!!! Gotta finish some projects up so I can pick up my hook again (that is, if I can find it....) Glad you got some rain....we were supposed to get some last Tues/Wed - 80% chance; but got nothing. Did have a brief downpour yesterday morning, but just over 1/2"....we need so very much more. But it is a beautiful day today....slighty cooler, the hint of a breeze, and no humidity..... Happy Saturday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

thesimplequiet said...

Brian looks wonderful, Lori ~ what a blessing to see him so healthy!
Love that Maria design and Joseph's Coat is the perfect pumpkin wool!

rebecca