Saturday, July 21, 2012

PUMPKINS ON THE BRAIN......


FIRST OFF I'D LIKE TO SAY A BIG THANK YOU
TO ALL THAT VISITED MY PICTURETRAIL FOR
MY UPDATE. I APPRECIATE IT MORE THAN WORDS
CAN CONVEY. I AM SO THANKFUL FOR EACH
ONE OF YOU!

I STARTED HOOKING THIS RUG PATTERN
I'VE HAD FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS!
IT'S CALLED TUMBLIN DOWN BY
MARIA BARTON OF STAR RUG COMPANY.
I AM NOT A HALLOWEEN PERSON, JUST FALL
DECORATING APPEALS TO ME, BUT SOMETHING
ABOUT THIS STACK OF HAPPY GUYS CALLS
TO ME. IT'S A FUN RUG AND I'M ENJOYING HOOKING
IT. THIS PUMPKIN IS ON THE BOTTOM AND THE
BIGGEST. I USED THE WOOL MARIA USED FOR
HER ORIGINAL. IT'S A STRIPE WITH ALL KINDS
OF GREAT SHADES IN IT SO YOU ONLY HAVE
TO USE THIS ONE WOOL FOR A GREAT LOOK.
IT'S A REBECCA ERB WOOL BUT I'D HAVE TO LOOK
UP THE NAME. I'M NOT SURE YOU CAN EVEN
GET IT ANYMORE. IT SURE IS A GREAT ONE FOR
PUMPKINS THO. I ALSO PREPARED A PATTERN
FROM SPRUCE RIDGE STUDIOS CALLED
HARVEST GOODE THINGS. THIS DESIGN IS BY
LORI BRECHLIN OF NOTFORGOTTEN FARM.
I HOPE TO GET THAT ONE DONE FOR OUR HOME
YET TOO. WE SHALL SEE. IT HAS LOTS OF DETAIL
SO I WILL HAVE TO USE SMALLER CUTS. SMALL
FOR ME IS AN 8 CUT ANYMORE. EVEN 8~1/2 SEEMS
SMALL. I LOVE 9 AND 9~1/2 CUTS MOSTLY BUT
SOMETIMES TO GET THE DETAIL YOU JUST HAVE TO
GO A BIT SMALLER.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE.
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

13 comments:

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Pumpkins on the brain here too Lori! Love how yours is coming along, that wool is awesome - I only have a small slice of it left :(

Loved your update, congrats on your sales!

Lori

annie said...

can't get enough of pumkins! love the colors of him!

Orange Sink said...

Lori,
That is one of Maria's I've always wanted to hook! Love how that wool is hooking up! I enjoy the bigger cuts also..... although a little hard on the hands for me now. You will have that rug finished way ahead of time for fall!
It's sneaking up on us though!!
Looking forward to see pics of your progress!
Hugs!
Cathy G

WoolenSails said...

That is a great design for fall and not just for halloween, love using pumpkins in my decorations.

Debbie

kelley said...

What a cutie that little pumpkin is...love that pattern! Pumpkins are on my brain too...

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Love his face!! I have been knitting pumpkins so I guess I have pumpkins on the brain to!!

cucki said...

Aww so sweet ..love pumpkins so much xxxx

ihook2 said...

Started a pumpkin myself - Lori B's pumpkin with bittersweet at the top. Think I have this pattern in my stash too. Which wool are you using for the orange pumpkin? Love how it's hooking up.
Pam

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Lori, how can you not love that pumpkin face,coming along wonderful. Blessings Francine.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Wonderful colors in this jolly fellow!
Robyn

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Love the pumpkin he looks so fun and just makes you wish for Autumn!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lookin' good, Lori. I agree with you that an 8 is a narrow cut...lol!
Hugs :)
Lauren

TheCrankyCrow said...

I seem to have pumpkins on the brain year round....but then again, I'm a Halloween addict! That Rebecca Erb wool is amazing....what a perfect look with just one wool!!! Bummer that I missed your update....had to take my son to a dr appt....by the time I got home and checked, everything was sold. No surprise there!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin