Tuesday, June 26, 2012

PRIMITIVE STAR QUILT DONE


JUST FINISHED BINDING THE PRIMITIVE STAR QUILT
THAT I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON. HERE'S A LITTLE PEEK
AT IT. I HAND QUILTED THE BAPTIST FAN PATTERN
OVER THE ENTIRE QUILT. I KNOW YOU ARE NOT
SURPRISED SINCE I DO THAT PATTERN QUITE OFTEN.
IT IS MY FAVORITE AFTER ALL! lol
I'LL SHOW THE QUILT IN FULL WHEN I AM READY
TO DO MY UPDATE. IT WILL BE OFFERED FOR SALE
THEN ALONG WITH THE TWO DOLLS I HAVE YET TO
NAME BUT AFFECTIONATELY CALL "THE SISTERS".
I WILL HAVE A COUPLE OF OTHER GOODIES TO
OFFER ALSO SO CHECK BACK LATER FOR MORE
INFO ON THAT. NOT SURE YET WHEN THE UPDATE
WILL BE. IT DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH TIME I HAVE
TO WORK ON THE THINGS I WANT TO MAKE YET
BUT IT WON'T BE UNTIL SOME TIME IN JULY FOR SURE.

THANK YOU FOR THE IDEAS ON MY SPOON/WALL
BOX. I'M STILL THINKING ON IT BUT IT WAS FUN
TO SEE WHAT IDEAS YOU HAD. I APPRECIATE
THE COMMENTS VERY MUCH.

BRIAN CONTINUES TO GET HIS STRENGTH BACK
 A LITTLE BIT MORE EACH DAY. WE THANK YOU SO
VERY MUCH FOR CONTINUING TO KEEP US IN
YOUR PRAYERS AND FOR THINKING OF US.
LIFE IS ALL THE SWEETER TO BE SURE.

UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

11 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

GORGEOUS!!! But of course it would be - it's from your hands!! So glad to hear that things are stable with Brian....you don't know how often I think of you both.... And thank you, too, for your sweet concern and good wishes for my son (and mom)....I didn't get a chance to respond before heading out the door. We made it down and back safely (not exactly how he wished to spend his 21st birthday, I'm sure), but unfortunately the news wasn't so good. Don't want to go into it all here, but will try to do an update to all soon. Thanks again sweet friend....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Mugwump Woolies said...

Your quilt is great, Lori. Love the colors of the stars. So happy Brian is on the mend...wonderful news!
Robyn

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Lori, love the star quilt,wonderful job. Glad to hear Brian is coming along fine. Blessings Francine.

quiltsbycheri said...

a homespun & primitive beauty of a quilt, has always been one of my faves....so good to here Brian continues to grow stronger everyday....

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Sweet Friend,
So good to see another beautiful creation from your ever talented hands!! Just love the colors!!
So happy that Brian is continuing to improve each day and that all seems to be settling back to a bit more normal for all of you!!
I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!
Warm Hugs~~
Julie

earlyamerica 1815 said...

Hi again Lori...your quilt is so pretty!! I knew it would be since you have such a keen eye for color and such talent putting together the perfect fabrics! Happy that Brian is getting better...will keep those prayers coming!! Tina

Cat Haven Crafts said...

Loving your quilt and learned something new today - a baptist fan quilt stencil design. Thanks much!

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Love the quilt!!

frontporchprims said...

Your quilt is amazing. I think the stars are so unique. You did a good job on it. TFS. Glad to hear that Brian is still recovering nicely. -Steph-

Raymond Homestead said...

Neat quilt! Keep feeling better Brian!

jody said...

lori, im so glad that your friend kathy is doing ok and will be home to heal. also that brian is recovering nicely. yes going thru these things sure gives us a new perspective on things.. enjoy your evening and also i love what you have done with your decorating you have lots of fun treasures!