Monday, June 11, 2012

OLD LEATHER COVERED BOOKS

BEFORE EVERYTHING HAPPENED WITH BRIAN I PURCHASED
THESE TWO LITTLE NEW TESTAMENTS FROM THE 18OO'S.
THEY CAME WHILE WE WERE IN MARSHFIELD. I LOVE
HOW THE COLORS GO WITH THE OLD PANTRY BOXES IN MY
OLD ATTIC FINISH CUPBOARD. DIFFERENT TEXTURES BUT
THE COLORS ARE VERY SIMILAR.

ON THE INSIDE COVER OF THE LARGER BOOK IT SAYS:
HENRY STEELE, FROM A FRIEND, JULY 1847.
I LOVE THE OLD HANDWRITING.

BEEN WORKING ON THE PRIMITIVE STAR QUILT BLOCKS.
I ONLY HAVE TWO LEFT TO APPLIQUE. I MAY SET IT
ASIDE FOR A FEW DAYS AND DO SOME NEW DOLL
DESIGNS I'VE BEEN WANTING TO DO. MORE ON THAT
ANOTHER DAY.

I ALSO WANTED TO SAY A BIG THANK YOU FOR ALL THE
BIRTHDAY WISHES!  I MEANT TO DO THAT IN MY LAST POST
AND WAS REMISS IN DOING SO. I SO APPRECIATE ALL THE
COMMENTS AND EVERYONE THAT TAKES THE TIME TO
VISIT MY BLOG. BRIAN IS DOING WELL. HE IS MORE HIMSELF
EVERY DAY. I AM DOING GREAT TOO.  MY SINUS INFECTION HAS
CLEARED AND I HAVE MORE ENERGY. THANK YOU ONCE
AGAIN FOR REMEMBERING US. HAVE A WONDERFUL EVENING.

UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

13 comments:

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Hi Lori ~ beautiful bibles...they are precious, love how you rescued them and how that one is signed ~ will you be showing pics of your new dolls???

blessed be, my friend ~
lori

Penny said...

The old Bibles look great with the pantry boxes.... beautiful old colors.
Don't know if Bibles are signed anymore these days, but I remember the Bibles that were given to us as children always had some kind of inscription in them.... so nice.
Glad you and Brian are feeling better each day.... Hooray!!!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Lori~
Yes, I'll show the dolls when I get them together. Lori

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
Those Bibles are just wonderful and are amazingly well preserved, considering the age!! Now you get to be their new caregivers! The old writing is beautiful too...I just love that old script in ink!!
So happy you are both continuing to mend and get back to normal!!
Have fun creating your new dollies too!!
Take care my sweet friend!
Hugs~~
Julie

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Love those books! And that handwritting is awesome!

Carmen and the Primcats

Mugwump Woolies said...

Hi Lori,
So happy to hear you are both feeling better. The bibles compliment the boxes perfectly!
Robyn

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

So glad you are both improving! Your new/old bibles are wonderful--worn bibles are a sign of a good life. I'll bet Zoe is happy nowadays!!--Jan

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Love your beautiful old books!!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Beautiful old Bibles Lori ~ I just love old books and found a couple of them at a recent flea market ~ wishing I would of got to the guys table sooner ~ he was selling them for a buck.
Enjoy your wonderful finds.
Glad to hear your both healing up nicely.
Prim Blessings
Robin

annie said...

Blessings to you both. I love your books. Hope to see the dolls & blocks as you go along.

TheCrankyCrow said...

One of my absolute favorite things in the world: old leather covered books. Beautiful pensmanship too.... Can't wait to see the new dollies! Glad to hear you're recovering....Sinus infections stink - it amazing what the power of prayer can do, no? Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Beautiful display~ terrific finds!!!
Glad to hear your feeling better~ wishing Brian & you both healing~
smiles
Teresa

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

The Bible's are lovely. So much history when you think of the person who wrote in them and the hands that have held them.
Glad Brian is doing better each day!
Glad you are better also!
Louise