Wednesday, June 20, 2012

GOOD NEWS!

BRIAN HAS BEEN RELEASED FROM THE HOSPITAL BUT IT WAS LATE AFTERNOON WHEN HE WAS RELEASED SO WE ARE STAYING OVER TONIGHT IN MY MOTEL ROOM AND WILL HEAD HOME IN THE MORNING. PLUS WE WOULD HAVE BEEN TOO LATE TO PICK ZOE UP. THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN CLOSED BY THE TIME WE WENT THRU SO THIS WAY WE CAN GET HER ON THE WAY HOME TOMORROW. BRIAN DOES HAVE AN ULCER SO THE COUMADIN EXASERBATED IT AND CAUSED THE BLEEDING. HE WILL STAY OFF THE COUMADIN FOR TWO WEEKS WHILE THE ULCER HEALS. WE COME BACK IN FIVE WEEKS FOR FOLLOW UP APPOINTMENTS FOR SEVERAL THINGS. HE IS WEAK BECAUSE HE IS ANEMIC BUT OTHERWISE IN GOOD SPIRITS. WE ARE HAPPY TO BE ON OUR WAY TO HEALING AGAIN. THANK YOU SO MUCH MY FRIENDS FOR CARING ENOUGH TO CONSTANLY KEEP US IN YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. I KNOW THEY HELD US UP AND SUSTAINED US. AND NOW I WANT TO TELL YOU SOMETHING FUN. I WAS ABLE TO GET THE PRIMITIVE STAR QUILT TOP TOGETHER AND BASTED BEFORE I LEFT HOME SO I HAVE BEEN QUILTING ON IT DOWN HERE. I HAVE IT HALF QUILTED. I'LL SHOW YOU MY NEWEST DOLLS WHEN I GET HOME. THEY NEED DRESSES YET BUT THEY ARE AGED. UNTIL THEN.....LORI

22 comments:

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Great news Lori!! I'll keep you all in my prayers.

Penny said...

Wonderful news, Lori!! I am so happy to hear that you'll all be back home together tomorrow, and that Brian is on the road to healing once again!

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Great news--now to get home, get Zoe, and get started again on healing!! Prayers are with you al!!--Jan

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

That is wonderful news so glad you all will be back home once again! Will continue to pray that Brian is back full speed soon :)

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
Wonderful news!
Have a safe trip home and give sweet Zoe an extra treat ~ or two!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Mary A said...

Knew those prayers would help! All will be right with the world once you're with Zoe and everyone's home. Mary A

marly said...

Wonderful news! You'll be glad to be home with Zoe tomorrow. I had to laugh at the end of your post. I need a dress and I'm aged too!!

bayrayschild said...

So glad to hear Brian's good news!

Blessings, Audrey

WoolenSails said...

I am so happy to hear the good news. I am always anemic, I eat blueberries and steamers when I can, two good sources for iron.

Debbie

quiltsbycheri said...

wonderful news indeed, amazing you are getting any hand work done but then again it probably helps to your mind more settled.....best wishes for continued good progress for brian

Janet - underthewillow said...

That is indeed good news Lori!...have a safe drive home :)

Janet

Orange Sink said...

Lori,
I am very relieved to hear the news! Stay safe and sending continued healing energies Brian's way! The handwork sure is a good thing for keeping the mind and heart calm!
Blessings and hugs!
Cathy G

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Many prayers for his fast recovery. Can't wait to see all you have been working on!!

Raymond Homestead said...

Great news Lori, glad you will all be on your way home again!

ihook2 said...

So happy to hear that Brian is on the mend again. TTL...will keep praying.
Hugs-
Pam

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Dearest Lori,
So very happy for the good news!! "Praise God from whom ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!!"
May you have a safe trip and a sweet reunion and finally get on the road to healing and wholeness!!
I know first hand too, how all the stitching really helps and am so happy you could get some done! Can't wait to see you new dolls!
Warm Hugs and Blessings~~
Julie

Sandra said...

So happy for you and Brian. Have a safe trip home.

Sandra
Homespun Elegance
plainfancymerchant.blogspot.com

annie said...

so thankful, blessings on his healing & the journey home! looking forward to seeing your work!

Bittersweetfolkart said...

So happy to hear this !

Cat Haven Crafts said...

So glad to hear the good news! Wonderful to see you have so much prayer support.

Nancy in MT said...

Wonderful news and will keep thinking of you both as Brian continues to recuperate.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ok....so I think I am, again, caught up....Glad you made the decision to go back to Marshfield where they know the history and don't have to start all over. And glad they determined the source....But still scary stuff if they're stopping hte Coumadin. I will continue as I have to hold you and Brian up in prayer. Hugs ~ Robin