Saturday, May 26, 2012

REJOICING!

HELLO DEAR FRIENDS. JUST WANTED TO THANK EVERYONE FOR YOUR PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS FOR US. YOUR COMMENTS AND PRAYERS LIFTED ME. BRIAN IS DOING WONDERFULLY! HIS INCISSION WAS LEFT OPEN AFTER THE SURGERY ON WEDNESDAY BECAUSE HIS HEART WAS SO SWOLLEN ON ONE SIDE AND IT NEEDED ROOM. THEY CLOSED IT YESTERDAY AND WEENED HIM OFF THE RESPIRATOR. HE IS TALKING AND ASSURED MY SON AND I THAT IN HIS MIND HE IS 100% THERE. THE FIRST THING HE SAID TO US WAS THAT HE DID NOT HAVE AN OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCE, THAT HE WAS ALWAYS IN HIS BODY. I THOUGHT THIS WAS AN AMAZING THING FOR HIM TO SAY RIGHT AWAY BECAUSE THE DAY BEFORE I SAID TO MY SISTERS, I WONDER IF BRIAN WILL HAVE AN OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCE! I ASKED HIM IF HE FELT THE LORD WITH HIM GIVING HIM PEACE AND HE SAID YES. THAT IS WHAT I FELT TOO AND BRIAN LOOKED LIKE HE WAS ACCEPTING OF EVERYTHING GOING ON SO I FELT THE LORD WAS COMFORTING BOTH OF US. I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MUCH YOUR SUPPORT AND PRAYERS MEAN TO US. YOU HAVE ALL TOUCHED MY LIFE IN A MOST SPECIAL AND PROFOUND WAY AND I WILL NEVER FORGET. WE WILL CONTINUE TO TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME AND IT WILL ALL WORK OUT. I CONTINUE TO BE COMFORTED AND MY HEART IS OVERFLOWING WITH JOY FOR MY LORD. HE IS SO GRACIOUS. ALL HONOR AND GLORY TO HIM. I'LL LET YOU KNOW IN A COUPLE OF DAYS HOW THINGS ARE GOING. HE MAY GET TO MOVE FROM ICU TO A REGULAR ROOM TOMORROW. POSSIBLY HOME ON WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY THIS WEEK. THERE HAVE BEEN SO MANY THINGS IN ALL OF THIS THAT HAVE BEEN AMAZING. IN MY MIND THERE IS NO WAY THESE THINGS JUST HAPPEN. THE LORD HAS HAD HIS HAND IN EVERYTHING. IT'S HARD TO WRAP OUR MINDS AROUND ALL THAT HAS HAPPENED IN THIS SHORT TIME AND HOW FAR WE HAVE COME. BRIAN'S HEART SURGEON, DOCTOR BRAXTON, IS AN AMAZING AND CARING DOCTOR AND WE ARE BLESSED TO HAVE HAD HIM BE THE ONE TO CARE FOR BRIAN. ALL THE STAFF HERE HAVE BEEN PHENOMINAL AND VERY CARING AND KIND. THANK YOU FOR REMEMBERING US AND HOLDING US UP IN PRAYER. MAY GOD BLESS EACH OF YOU FOR CARING FOR SOMEONE MOST OF YOU HAVE NEVER MET AND PROBABLY NEVER WILL. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF WE CAN PRAY FOR YOUR NEEDS. BRIAN AND LORI

36 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I am so happy to hear that he is doing better and continued prayers for his recovery, are coming your way.

Debbie

annie said...

Praising God for His help & intervention! Continuing to lift you up!

Connie said...

God is Good! So glad everything worked out. Continuing to pray!

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

That is wonderful Lori! Today I was out in my yard and thought of you 2. Said a little prayer for you both. God bless!!

woolyredrug said...

So glad to hear your news Lori!!!
Continued prayers for Brian and You and so many others I know who are in need right now.

The Humble Stitcher said...

That is wonderful news, Lori! Isn't it amazing how God reveals Himself in ways we can never imagine even in the most difficult of times. I'm so happy for you and Brian and your son and will keep you all in my prayers.
Sandy

Mary A said...

I will add my voice to the others praying for you. Blessings, Mary A

kelley said...

Lori I am so happy for you and Brian...I thank God for answering our prayers...

Sherri Farley said...

I am so pleased to hear your good news, hang in there!

Ronda said...

So happy for you and Brian...when all is said and done, it is all in God's hands. Trust and believe and ye shall receive. Will continue to pray!..~Ronda

Ronda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Orange Sink said...

Oh Lori,
So glad to hear Brian is doing well! You have been in my thoughts and prayers constantly. Take it one day at a time and you both will be home soon to little Zoey!
Big hugs!!
Cathy G

Doniene said...

Oh Lori, I am so glad for the good news! God is soooo amazing and faithful and you and Brian are a shining testimony to all who see you! Blessings!!! I'll keep praying!

The Evening Stitcher said...

Oh Lori...praise God! I know everyone has been praying for Brian and you...our God is awesome!! What a blessing and comfort it is to have such powerful faith! Feel confident in knowing that God will bring him home safe and sound...and you too!! Will continue to pray for both of you and your son....Love Bobbie

Dorothy said...

Glad to hear the worst is over. Take care of yourself too.

Beckyjean said...

So glad to hear Brian is doing better. I will continue to pray for your family.

Becky

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Very thankful to hear the good news. We may never meet but because you share your life with us, it feels like family.
Louise

Mugwump Woolies said...

Wonderful, wonderful news!
Robyn

ann hermes said...

I am so happy to hear your good news!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

WooHoo!!!!!! Wonderful news Lori ~ So happy to know healing is going well ~ continued thoughts & prayer for you all...keep your Faith ever-strong!

Lori

moosecraft said...

Wishing many happy and healthy days ahead for you BOTH!!! Big hugs!!! And continued prayers!!! :-)

Sandra said...

Such wonderful news Lori. I am so happy for, Brian, and your family.
Sandra
Homespun Elegance
plainfancymerchant.blogspot

Penny said...

I am so happy to learn that Brian is recovering nicely, and that you all are being comforted in God's love..... Continued prayers for your family!!

Janet - underthewillow said...

that's wonderful news Lori!

Janet

Raymond Homestead said...

So glad Brian is doing better, that's great! Will continue to keep you all in my prayers!

Missie of Hallbrook Designs said...

I am so glad for you that he is doing well. Praise the Lord Indeed! Since you asked, I would be grateful if you could add my father to your prayer list. He was admitted last night with a third heart attack. Seems to be doing well today, so we are just waiting for news on a plan from the doctors. Thank you and God Bless you!

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Lori, Praise the Lord for answering our prayers.
God Bless Brian and I and alot of us blogging buddies will keep Brian in our prayers.
AMEN, XOXO.
Big Hugs,
Tricia
Hillcrest Home

bayrayschild said...

That's the most wonderful news Lori!
So happy for you and your family.

Continued blessings!

Hugs, Audrey

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
So glad to hear that Brian continues to improve.
Prayers and hugs :)
Lauren

BumbleBeeLane said...

Rejoicing with you that your prayers are being answered.~Amy

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Glad to hear your good news. Prayers and blessings to your family!
Hugs,
Courtney

jody said...

so glad you are both doing so well and that you know and feel God at work! thoughts and prayers!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Dear Lori,

I am so happy for your wonderful news!! May God continue to bring healing and strength to you both and bring Brian home soon!!

Keeping you both in my heart, thoughts and prayers!!

With Love,
Julie

earlyamerica 1815 said...

Lori...still can't believe this! I am so happy that Brian is doing well and will be home soon. I will be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. Brian will need you more than ever now, so be sure to take care of "YOU" too!! Sending great BIG healing hugs your way, Tina

frontporchprims said...

Oh Lori. I have been MIA over the last few days and just came to find out of your trials. I am so extrememly happy that the outcome has been so positive. It is such a scary thing to have our beloved one's in a situtaion where life could be a fleeting thing. God loves us so much and hears all our prayers. -Steph-

annie said...

So thankful he is going home! Continuing to pray. Zoe will be so surprised to see you. Blessings to you three.