Saturday, May 5, 2012

QUILT FINISH AND NEW BLOG


MY LITTLE GRAPE BASKET QUILT IS ALL DONE!
IT'S HANGING IN THE LIVING ROOM
 ON THE HANDLE OF AN OLD WOOD CARRIER
BEHIND SOME DOLLS DRESSED IN BROWN. I WANTED
A LITTLE QUILT BEHIND THEM TO SOFTEN THINGS AND
I ALSO WANTED TO BRING IN A LITTLE MORE BROWN.

HERE IT IS. I LIKE TO WASH MY QUILTS AFTER I'M
DONE BINDING THEM TO GIVE THEM THAT NICE
OLD PUCKERED LOOK.

ON THE BACK YOU CAN SEE THE BAPTIST FAN
QUILTING BETTER.

THIS IS THE BINDING FABRIC I USED.
IT'S REALLY NEAT FABRIC FOR A BINDING.
THE PRINT IS ON THE DIAGONAL SO YOU CAN
CUT IT ON THE STRAIGHT OF THE GRAIN AND IT
LOOKS LIKE IT'S A BIAS BINDING. SO COOL!
I'VE HAD IT A COUPLE OF YEARS I THINK. IT'S A
MODA FROM KANSAS TROUBLES QUILTERS.
THE LINE IS CALLED VINE CREEK. IT'S SHOWING
UP DARKER IN MY PICTURE THAN IT IS THO.

ALSO I'D LIKE TO TELL YOU ABOUT MY FRIEND
REBECCA LINDQUIST'S NEW BLOG,
THE SIMPLE QUIET.
ISN'T THAT A COOL NAME?
CLICK HERE TO VISIT REBECCA'S BLOG.
SHE IS ONE FABULOUS ARTIST!
SHE IS A WONDERFUL RUG HOOKER
AND NEEDLE PUNCHER!  PLEASE CHECK OUT HER NEW
BLOG AND DON'T FORGET TO LOOK AT THE TOP
WHERE IT SAYS ABOUT UNDER THE HEADER.
YOU'LL LEARN A BIT ABOUT REBECCA AND SEE
HER PRETTY FACE. SHE SELLS ON EBAY AND ETSY
AND WILL START TO SELL ON THE
PRIMITIVE HANDMADES MERCANTILE BLOG
THIS MONTH SO LOOK FOR HER WONDERFUL GOODS.

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND.
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

15 comments:

Penny said...

Hi Lori.... Love that quilt and the way you have it displayed. It looks fabulous with your dolls in brown!! The quilting also looks wonderful.... I am always so amazed by the work of quilters.... so intricate and beautiful.....

Will be heading over to take a look at The Simple Quiet.... I do enjoy that name!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Mugwump Woolies said...

Hi Lori,
Your quilt looks wonderful as a backdrop for your lovely dollies...love all the browns.
Have a good weekend,
Robyn

annie said...

love your dolls!
the quilt is just wonderful!
I will visit your friend!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
Your little quilt is so sweet. I just love your hand quilting!
I've been to Rebecca's blog. What a talent!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Karen said...

I really like your basket quilt. I like the faded out look. The Baptist Fan is one of my favorite quilting patterns. I like to wash a quilt after the quilting and binding on to achieve that puckered look. Good work.

The Humble Stitcher said...

Lori...I love your quilt and how it turned out. Love the dolls, too! I recently started washing my quilts and really love that puckered look. Do you antique your quilts much once they're finished?
Thanks also for the hint about using the diagonal fabric as a binding. I have a similar fabric and have never quite known how to use it so I appreciate the idea.
I am off to visit your friend's new blog...it sounds wonderful!
Have a great weekend :)
Sandy

HomeSpunPrims said...

Sandy,
I don't age my quilts. I use tans for my lights and I think they instantly age a quilt. I'm glad I gave you an idea of what to do with your diagonal print fabric. Lori

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

I really love your binding fabric!! Your quilt is so cute!!

WoolenSails said...

Your new quilt is so beautiful and perfect in it's new setting.

Debbie

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

I love the soft colors of your quilt!
It looks wonderful with your dolls.
I checked out Rebecca's blog and it is wonderful!
Louise

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Lori ~ your quilt is Beautiful!!!!
I really like the colors!!!
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Missie of Hallbrook Designs said...

Love those puckers after the first washing!! Beautiful quilt! Best of luck to your friend's new blog! I am a new blogger as well...sure is fun!

earlyamerica 1815 said...

Your new little quilt looks so good Lori...esp. with those sweet little dolls of yours!! Thanks for the link to your friends new blog, I'll have to check it out! Enjoy your day, Tina

thesimplequiet said...

Dear Lori! Thank you so much for the feature ~ your blog has been an inspiration and a home away from home!

Your quilt is simply gorgeous! You have the most wonderful color-sense!

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a perfect finishing touch to a perfect vignette, Lori! Your quilt is absolutely precious!! I love the fan pattern....You do such amazing work. And, although I shouldn't (as I don't need another blog to follow that I can't keep up with), I'm going to pay a visit to your friend....You had me at the name; but then add in rug hooking and punching, and how can I resist??? Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin