Thursday, May 3, 2012

LITTLE LOG WREN'S HOUSE


I SPOTTED THIS DARLING LITTLE LOG CABIN
BIRDHOUSE ON BETTY'S BLOG AND HAD TO PURCHASE
IT FOR MY LITTLE FLOWER GARDEN UNDER THE KITCHEN
WINDOW. I'D BEEN LOOKING FOR SOMETHING OLDER LOOKING
AND THIS WAS JUST THE LOOK I WAS WANTING.
IT WAS MADE BY BETTY'S FIL FOR A BOOTH SHE AND
SOME OF HER FAMILY MEMBERS SET UP AT A LOCAL
SHOP. I SPOTTED IT IN SOME PICS BETTY POSTED
ON HER BLOG AND EMAILED HER ABOUT IT.
ISN'T IT A SWEET LITTLE BIRDYHOUSE? I WON'T SHOW
IT IN MY GARDEN UNTIL THE FLOWERS ARE BLOOMING
AND WHERE I LIVE, IT WILL BE A WHILE! lol

SIDE VIEW

THE BACK LOOKS LIKE IT HAS A CHIMNEY.

AND SWEET BETTY TUCKED IN ONE OF HER HANDMADE
DISH CLOTHS FOR ME. I TOLD HER IT'S ALMOST
TOO PRETTY TO USE BUT I WILL DEFINITELY USE IT.
THANK YOU BETTY!

I'M HOPING TO FINISH THE HAND QUILTING ON MY
GRAPE BASKET QUILT TODAY AND THEN I HAVE TO BIND
IT. I SEW IT ON BY MACHINE AND HAND SEW TO THE BACK
SO I MAY NOT GET IT COMPLETELY DONE UNTIL
SOME TIME TOMORROW. I'VE BEEN WORKING ON
GETTING PICTURES IN THE ALBUM ON MY PT TOO BUT
YOU CAN'T GET IN THERE YET. I KNOW, I'M A BIG TEASE!
IT WILL BE OPEN SOON, I PROMISE. I HAVE A FEW MORE
PICS TO TAKE. ENJOY THE DAY.

UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

7 comments:

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

sweet birdy-bouse! I'm sure whoever moves in will love it
(:< - tweet!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
What a sweet little house for some lucky little Wrenn family!! They will be so happy to find it available and no doubt will move right in!! It will be just perfect in your garden too!!
Have a wonderful weekend my friend!!
Warm Hugs~~
Julie

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Very nice birdhouse,love wrens.

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Your birdhouse is so adorable I can't wait to see it in your garden!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Hello dear Lori - I'm here playing catch-up (sorry!) Folks must hate me when I do that....but it's my life of late....Love your little birdhouse! I did see that on Betty's blog I believe - how tweet!!! Yeah, I hear you about the "later" on the flowers thing....Wishing you a wonderful Friday and weekend ahead! Stay safe in the storms....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

frontporchprims said...

Every bird for miles around is going to be bidding on that cute cabin. I can see why you like it so much.
-Steph-

Cheri said...

I have a tree branch with four hollow places. I put in some filler so the branch wouldn't rot amd the wrens love to build their nests. All four condos are occupied! Does anyone know where I could buy a hand painted sign to put on my tree condo? Thanks!