Friday, May 11, 2012

CABIN & TREES PN MAT


THIS IS MY VERSION OF THE ANTIQUE RUG
WE ARE USING IN MY GROUP AAPG FOR INSPIRATION
FOR A CHALLENGE. I CHANGED MY PUNCH NEEDLE MAT
 A BIT TO MAKE IT MY OWN.
I MADE THE HOUSE A LOG CABIN AND ADDED
THE DATE AT THE TOP IN PLACE OF A STAR.
IT IS MUCH MORE MUTED IN PERSON.
I AM OFFERING IT FOR SALE ON MY PICTURE TRAIL.
IF YOU'D LIKE TO KNOW THE PARTICULARS JUST

A CLOSER LOOK.
THE ANTIQUE INSPIRATION.
MAYBE YOU'VE SEEN SOME OTHER  HOOKED RUGS
OR PUNCH NEEDLE PIECES INSPIRED BY
THIS RUG ON OTHER BLOGS OR EBAY. SEVERAL
OF US HAVE GOTTEN OURS DONE. CAN'T
 WAIT TO SEE WHAT RUG KELLEY PICKS
FOR OUR NEXT QUARTER CHALLENGE.

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE
VISITED ME ON MY PICTURE TRAIL TO VIEW
THE NEW PICS OF OUR HOME I RECENTLY ADDED.
 AND THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THOSE WHO EMAILED
AND LEFT ME COMMENTS HERE AND ON MY PICTURE
TRAIL. IT IS A BIT OF WORK GETTING ALL THOSE PICS
TAKEN AND ON THERE AND I SO APPRECIATE YOU
LETTING ME KNOW YOU ENJOYED SEEING THEM.

UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

13 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Love your version, it looks beautiful in the opposite shades.

Debbie

Orange Sink said...

Lori,
You know I love that PN piece...... but wanted to let you know I did look at your wonderful photos on picturetrail and intend to go back and linger over each photo for more eye candy! Just gorgeous decorating and I love seeing how you make your hand work pieces the center of your decorating! Thank-you ever so much for all the work and sharing your home and inspiring all!!
Hugs!!!
Cathy G

annie said...

it came out just wonderful!

Raymond Homestead said...

I like how you made it a log cabin!

Karen said...

I like that you did your piece as a log cabin. I have a liking for those style homes. Very prim style and well done.

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

very nice Lori!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Another awesome piece Miss Lori....love your adaptations....It looks like it was meant to be a log cabin. I haven't gotten to your PT update yet - life's been a bit crazy here....But I intend to get there this weekend as a treat to me....Can't wait.....Happy Weekend! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

thesimplequiet said...

Oh, it's wonderful, Lori ~ I love how you interpreted this challenge!

rebecca

The Humble Stitcher said...

It's beautiful, Lori. I love that log cabin!
Sandy

Maria said...

Love it Lori! You have that punch needle work down to an art. Love the picture trail. My favorite is the hallway picture with the star rug and quilt. You know that quilt that I started that is still in pieces. Gives me motivation to get my behind in gear. Maria

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Love how you made it a log cabin!! It looks so good!!

Mugwump Woolies said...

Hi Lori...what a wonderful little cabin. Great colors...love the roof!
Happy Mother's Day!
Robyn

kelley said...

Wonderful finish Lori...looks great with the light background...

I'm still dreaming over your PT photos...the brown/tan little quilt is already being reproduced at my house...now if there was only a way for me to have my own Zoe...