Wednesday, April 18, 2012

TA DAAAA!

TIS FINISHED!
I DID IT YESTERDAY. I DO LOVE IT!
IT MEASURES 36" X 38".

HERE IT IS IN FRONT OF THE ENTERTAINMENT
CENTER. OH YEAH, THAT'S MISS ZOE'S
BASKET OF TOYS ON THE RIGHT. SHE'S
NOT SPOILED, NO SHE'S NOT! he he
THESE ARE THE NEUTRALS I USED.

ONE ON LEFT IS A BROWN I DYED. IT'S THE BACKGROUND
IN THE AREA ABOVE THE CENTER CIRCLE.
THE TWO IN THE CENTER ARE THE HEARTS.
THE BLACK IS THAT WONDERFUL REVERSIBLE BLACK
FROM REBECCA ERB.

THE SECOND FROM THE LEFT IS THE MAIN
RED IN THE CENTER AREA. I THINK IT'S FROM
HEAVEN'S TO BETSY BUT I BELIEVE REBECCA HAD
ONE VERY MUCH LIKE IT. IT HAS SOME MUSTARD THRU
IT. THE DARKEST ONE ON THE RIGHT IS FROM REBECCA
AND IS WHAT I USED ON THE BORDER OF THE GEO RUG
I DID FOR NEXT TO OUR BED A WHILE BACK.

LAST NIGHT I STARTED STITCHING A
SAMPLER FOR OUR BEDROOM
INSPIRED BY AN ANTIQUE ONE FROM MICHIGAN.
I MOVED SOME THINGS AROUND AND HAD A SPACE
THAT LOOKED LIKE IT NEEDED A LITTLE SOMETHING MORE.

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

16 comments:

Diane said...

Lori - Wow! Your rug is fabulous. My favorite subject: hearts.

Karen said...

I think this is a piece that would make someone who likes prim happy or someone that likes more contemporary pieces.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Beautiful, Lori! The color combo is just wonderful! Looks great in front of your cupboard.
Robyn

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori!
It turned out SO BEAUTIFUL!!! Those colors of wool are just so yummy and rich.....perfect!!
It looks really nice in front of your cupboard too and you know how much I love hearts, so that is my favorite part!
So glad you got it finished and shared it with us!!
Have fun stitching your new project!!
Sending Warm hugs~~
Julie

kelley said...

The Best ever Lori!!! looks like a long lost treasure...

earlyamerica 1815 said...

Tis finished...and TIS BEAUTIFUL!! Looks great Lori...lovin' all of the wonderful colors you used!! I'm still "thinking" about the background in the one I am hooking...too "chicken" to post any pics!! Congrats on this BIG accomplishment!! Tina

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Awesome Lori !!! You surely finished that quickly! Thanks for sharing a close up of the wools you used. Loved seeing them!

Maria said...

One of my favorite antique rugs and you did a wonderful job with it. Maria

Orange Sink said...

Lori,
I cannot stop looking at your rug!!! LOVE the way the neutrals go with the reds and black..... gorgeous in front of that awesome blind front! Wonderful wonderful!!!
No I don't think Zoey is spoiled.... LOL!! Ours have a couple of crocks full too!!
Congrats on a beautiful finished show piece rug!!
Cathy G

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Beautiful! Love how it turned out. I bought that pattern from Kris at a hook~in....boy I need to get it out and get it done now that I see yours!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
What a magnificent rug and I can't believe how quickly you hooked it!!!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Lori, your rug turned out fabulous!!!
I Love the colors!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin

newburyarts said...

*****excellent lori...once again, you're one of the top rug hookers
on the blogspots! congratulations on great hooking and color planning!

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Lori,
I really like the earthiness of the colors you used. It looks lovely in front of your cabinet.
Louise

woolyredrug said...

Really beautiful Lori! Great color plan, One you will enjoy for many, many years! Thanks so much for sharing your process. ~L

TheCrankyCrow said...

C'est si bonne....

You are a talent like none other...

Robin