Monday, April 30, 2012

GRAPE BASKET QUILT TOP


I FINISHED PUTTING MY LITTLE GRAPE BASKET
QUILT TOP TOGETHER YESTERDAY. GOT IT BASTED AND
STARTED QUILTING TOO! I AM DOING MY FAVORITE
BAPTIST FAN PATTERN. YOU WILL NOTICE I SWITCHED
THE LARGER HALF SQUARE TRIANGLE AROUND
ON THE BOTTOM BASKETS ON THE LEFT AND RIGHT
FOR AN ANTIQUE FEEL. ALSO USED A DIFFERENT
TAN BACKGROUND FOR THE CENTER BASKET AND
USED TWO BROWN FABRICS FOR THE BASKET
IN TWO OF THE BLOCKS. ALL THINGS YOU SEE
IN ANTIQUE QUILTS. MAYBE THEY DID IT ON PURPOSE BUT
MOST PROBABLY IT WAS JUST USING UP WHAT THEY
HAD ON HAND.

I'M SPRING CLEANING MY KITCHEN TODAY. IT'S
RAINY AND COOL OUT BUT I WOULD RATHER DO IT
NOW THAN WHEN THE WEATHER GETS HOT. CAN'T
BELIEVE TOMORROW IS MAY FIRST.

AFTER I'M DONE I'LL BE BACK TO QUILTING!
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY
WHATEVER YOU ARE UP TO.

UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

7 comments:

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

My Goodness Lori,
You are one quick quilter with the most nimble fingers ever!! Your needle and thread must have been flying!!
The quilt is really lovely and I love all the extra touches you added....so very special...just like all the rest that you do!!
Try not to work too hard so you can get back to having fun stitching!!
Warm Hugs my friend~~
Julie

Penny said...

Just beautiful.... I like the changes you made on the quilt to make it look older..... It is a wonderful piece and I hope you show pics of it once it's displayed!!
Have a great Monday!

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

I love it!! You did beautiful work!! Love the vinatge feel!!

earlyamerica 1815 said...

WOW Lori...this was quick work!! Your little baskets are beautiful and I love how you switched things up by switching the two larger half squares in two of the bottom baskets. I always wonder about that when I see it in an antique quilt. I like to think that things like that were "mistakes" or "over-sights" because if it were me and I was going to all of that trouble to make a quilt, I would want it to be perfect, especially since quilts were such prized possessions back then. Thank goodness for us that those mistakes exist...it makes their work so much more interesting!! Can't wait to see your little treasure when it is all finished...happy quilting, Tina

frontporchprims said...

I think the browns are so very pretty. What along of pieces and work. Hope you got your kitchen done:) Have a great day. -Steph-

The Humble Stitcher said...

What a beautiful quilt, Lori! I am always in awe of the wonderful work you do and just how quickly you are able to do it. Love the browns!!!
Sandy

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a wonderful work of art Lori....My grandmother and mother always worked intentional "mistakes" into their projects as a show of humility and recognition that only our maker is perfect - so I love your added touches. Gorgeous browns! (And yikes, Girlfriend - you're a quick stitch!!) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin