Friday, March 30, 2012

TURKEY TALK IN MARCH!



I STARTED THESE TURKEY BLOCKS FROM A
PATTERN BY COUNTRY THREADS SOME YEARS
AGO AND NEVER GOT BACK TO THEM SO ONE
OF MY GOALS THIS YEAR IS TO GET THIS
DONE FOR OUR HOME BY FALL! I ONLY HAVE ONE
MORE TURKEY BLOCK TO APPLIQUE. IN PLACE
OF THE PIECED STAR BLOCKS I'M GOING TO
DO SMALL APPLIQUED PUMPKIN BLOCKS. I'M
ALWAYS IN THE MOOD TO WORK ON FALL PROJECTS!
IT'S MY FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR.

IF YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO COUNTRY THREADS
QUILT SHOP IN IOWA TRY TO GET THERE IN YOUR
TRAVELS. BRIAN'S FAMILY LIVES IN MISSOURI
AND SO WE GO RIGHT BY THE EXIT EVERY TIME WE
GO TO VISIT. I'VE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO VISIT
COUNTRY THREADS SEVERAL TIMES. IT'S ON A WORKING
FARM AND SO QUAINT. LOTS OF INSPIRATION THERE!

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR LOVELY EMAILS AND
FOR STOPPING BY MY PT UPDATE! I APPRECIATE
IT SO VERY MUCH. YOU DON'T HAVE TO WAIT FOR
AN UPDATE TO PURCHASE. JUST EMAIL ME ANY TIME
YOU SEE SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE.

WE HAVE A LITTLE SNOW IN THE AIR AND ON THE GROUND
TODAY. MY FRIEND KATHY IS COMING FOR THE DAY.
TOMORROW IS HER BIRTHDAY. HAPPY BIRTHDAY
MY DEAR FRIEND! I KNOW WE ARE
GOING TO HAVE A FUN DAY. I HOPE YOU WILL HAVE
A WONDERFUL DAY TOO!

UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

6 comments:

my3Kitties said...

Some of your fabrics in your Turkey's are some of my favorites...happy stitching! Can't wait to see your finished project.
Tammy

Mugwump Woolies said...

Lori...your turkeys are wonderful! Love your fabric choices...looking forward to seeing the finished quilt. Have fun today,
Robyn

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Love the turkeys ~ have fun finishing them up. I have some santa's I should finish up ~ sometimes I think you have to be in the mood!!!
Have a fun weekend with your friend!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Orange Sink said...

Lori,
LOVE your Gobblers! What a dandy piece that is going to be for fall! With snow on the ground there it must kind of feel like Fall today! LOL! This weather can't make up it's mind what season it is!!
Happy stitching..... love the idea of the pumkins too!
Hugs!
Cathy G

Karen said...

Lovin' those gobblers, Lori.
Reminds me that I should really look for and finish up my silly chickens!
Happy Stitchin'
Karen

Wonky Girl said...

It is time to work on fall stuff to get finished in time for fall! LOL
I like those turkeys. Love your color choices.