Monday, March 12, 2012

PRIMITIVE EGGS

LAST WEEK MY FRIEND KATHY AND I STARTED
THESE FUN BUT MESSY PRIMITIVE EGGS.
THEY ARE MADE FROM DOLLAR STORE PLASTIC
EASTER EGGS. I FOUND THE TUTORIAL ON
WHITE SHEEP FARM BLOG.
CLICK HERE TO FIND IT.

WE HAD FUN DOING THEM TOGETHER.
WE DID THE EXTRA DIPPING IN WAX STEP TODAY.

I DECIDED AFTER MUCH THOUGHT TO LEAVE THE
GROUP SELLING BLOG AND GO BACK TO
HAVING MY PT UPDATES ONLY. THE PRESSURE
OF A DEADLINE EVERY MONTH WAS JUST NOT FOR ME.
I KNOW SOME THRIVE ON THAT AND CAN PRODUCE
MUCH BUT I WAS GETTING TOO STRESSED OUT
AND I WANT TO ENJOY DOING MY HAND~MADE'S SO
THIS IS JUST THE BEST FOR ME AT THIS TIME.
BUT PLEASE DO STOP  BY AND VISIT THE OTHER GIRLS
THIS FRIDAY AS THEY HAVE THEIR NEWEST CREATIONS
 AVAILABLE FOR SALE. THERE ARE MANY TALENTED
ARTISANS ON THERE. IN THE MEANTIME I AM WORKING
HARD ON LOTS OF NEW GOODIES FOR MY NEXT PT
UPDATE TO BE ANNOUNCED IN A FEW WEEKS TIME.

HAVE A GLORIOUS REST OF THE DAY.
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

11 comments:

jennifer768 said...

Love the eggs! Hugs,Jen

WoolenSails said...

Those eggs are wonderful, great idea, but lots of work;)
I did a monthly one too, not for me, life has enough pressures to add to them.

Debbie

TheCrankyCrow said...

Great eggs Lori!!! I would love some like that - but, yikes - I don't think our house would ever be the same if I started messing with wax and such. They limit my playthings here. ;o) I'm sure the decision you made on the selling group was for the best....I was asked to join one and was flattered, but then giggled the rest of the day. Yeah - like I could produce anything on a monthly basis. (You see how far I've gotten on my last hooking project...what? You haven't? Oh, yeah, that's right - that's because there's been NO progress to post!) Hope all is well and your white stuff is melting....Smiles & Monday Hugs ~ Robin

basketsnprims said...

Lori, I love your eggs, they turned out primitively perfect. I totally understand about you leaving the group. I am in one and that is plenty. I am thinking of closing my selling blog and going with the picturetrail. Less pressure when I get bombed with orders, it sort of takes some of the fun out of it. Have a great week, my friend. It's supposed to be in the 60s all week. Yay!
hugs,
pam

annie said...

I love the tote & eggs. I always look forward to seeing your work. Everyone has to do as best for themselves, but you are correct. There is much to see and enjoy in their offerings.

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Love the eggs!!!
I did her blackend pears ~ they were messy to.
I couldn't work on a deadline either ~ I have a hard time keeping up with everything else.
I'm like you ~ I want to enjoy it.
Prim Blessings
Robin

Diane said...

Thanks for sharing the eggs with us! I know I will be starting that soon. Kudos for not sub-coming to the pressure. Your creations are wonderful for a reason...you take your time. Thank you so much!

jody said...

love the eggs sooo primitive looking! goes great with your cool stuff! enjoy your evening!zoe is so cute!

Mugwump Woolies said...

I'll bet they smell as wonderful as they look!
Robyn

frontporchprims said...

Thanks so much for the link. I was actually planning on using a different method on someone elses blog until I saw this. I covered my eggs last night and dipped them today. They look so awesome. I am glad you showed us your eggs. Thanks. -Steph-

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori!
The eggs look great and I am so glad you had so much fun making them...even though they were a lot of work!!! I bet they smell fantastic too!!
I totally understand your decision as I am that way too and it just means we are all different!! You will be happiest when you can just be true to yourself.
Take care and Big Hugs~~
Julie