Sunday, February 19, 2012

SOME FINISHES FOR OUR HOME


FOR SOME TIME I'VE BEEN WANTING TO STITCH
A LITTLE SAMPLER FOR UNDER A SHELF/CUBBY IN
OUR BATHROOM. IT HAD TO BE SMALL AS
THE SWITCH PLATE IS VERY CLOSE.
I WANTED IT TO GO WITH THE REDWARE AND
LITTLE OLD BROWN CROCKERY JUGS I
HAVE ON THE SHELF.


I THINK IT ADDS A NICE TOUCH, DON'T YOU?


LAST MONDAY MY FRIEND KATHY AND I GOT
TOGETHER TO START HOOKING ON OUR SILLY CAT
KATHY BOUGHT ME MINE FOR CHRISTMAS AND
GOT HERSELF ONE TOO SO WE COULD DO THEM
TOGETHER, OR AT LEAST START THEM TOGETHER.
I COULDN'T STOP HOOKING ON MINE LAST
WEEK AND GOT IT DONE! IT WAS FUN AND AN EASY
ONE TO HOOK. I DID IT IN 9 CUTS EXCEPT FOR THE
ONE ROW BORDER WHICH I DID IN 9.5 CUTS.
I'M THRILLED TO HAVE A FALL QUILT DONE WAY
AHEAD OF TIME! EACH YEAR I INTEND TO GET SOME
RUGS HOOKED FOR FALL AND BEFORE I KNOW IT FALL
IS HERE AND IT'S TOO LATE SO MY PLAN THIS YEAR
IS TO KEEP HOOKING FALL RUGS IN BETWEEN OTHER
THINGS SO THAT WHEN THE SEASON ARRIVES I'LL
HAVE SOME NEW RUGS READY TO DISPLAY.
I HOPE I CAN STICK TO THAT!

HAVE A WONDERFUL EVENING.
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

17 comments:

annie said...

Lori, I love your rug, and sampler. I hope your weekend is wonderful too!

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Lori,
I love your new rug and your sample is hung in a perfect spot!

woolyredrug said...

Such fun Lori! Just love your little sampler!!! And sweet rug, too! ~L

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

The sampler is wonderful and just love your rug!

Penny said...

Beautiful work on both the sampler and hooked rug.... I love them both! The sampler is perfect for that little spot you needed something for -- looks great with the redware pieces.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

I love both your piece!! You're fast!!

WoolenSails said...

Love the sampler and how it looks, I need to get to redecorating too, they are finally finished pounding on my walls. Love the fun kitty, great rug.

Debbie

Orange Sink said...

Lori,
Both wonderful pieces! Your work is always excellent! Love the little shelf and redware! I may have to try what you are doing and see if I can get some out of season items made. It's so true how all of a sudden it's fall and christmas and it would be soooo nice to have them done!!!
Hugs!
Cathy G

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

So Pretty!
Hugs,
Susan

Mugwump Woolies said...

Lori,
The little sampler looks great with the redware! (I have a shelf with redware on it in my bathroom, too!).
Love the kitty rug...you are so smart to get a jump on some seasonal hooking.
Take good care,
Robyn

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
I am aamazed (and just a wee bit jealous:) ) that you get so much done. The sampler is a perfect compliment to the shelf and your fall mat is just too sweet!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

janet said...

Both pieces are beautiful..You do beautiful work and what a great friend to think of you and purchase that rug kit for you and her to start together..

cucki said...

i love both of them so much..
big hugs xx

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

I love them both. That pumpkin mat is sweet!
Hugs,
Courtney

PrimHearted said...

I love both pieces! Your work is lovely
Nadine

Elisabetta said...

Wonderful small sampler!

TheCrankyCrow said...

OOOOOO (insert loud squeals) - I'm loving these both Lori!! The sampler is so, so, sweet - but I adore that little kitty pumpkin mat.....What folky funness!!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin