Friday, February 3, 2012

HORSES & HOUSES








I KNOW THIS SOUNDS LIKE A RATHER ODD TITLE TO
A POST, BUT I WAS MESSING AROUND WITH SOME OF MY
SMALLS AND CHANGING THINGS UP A BIT HERE AND THERE
AND I REALIZED I HAD A THEME GOING IN OUR
BEDROOM! MIND YOU, I KNEW I HAD THE HORSE THEME
GOING IN THERE BUT AFTER CHANGING OUT SOME SAMPLERS
I REALIZED I ALSO HAD A HOUSE THEME AS WELL!
 I MUST SAY, I DO LOVE THE TWO SUBJECTS.
THE LAST PICTURE IS A HORSE RUG I DREW UP INSPIRED
BY AN ANTIQUE COOKIE CUTTER AND I WILL BE
HOOKING THIS FOR THE FLOOR IN OUR BEDROOM AS
TIME ALLOWS. I'M STILL MULLING OVER HOW I WANT
TO GO ABOUT HOOKING IT AND WHAT COLORS.
I WILL DEFINITELY BE GOING FOR AN ANTIQUE LOOK.

THE CHANGES ARE SMALL BUT IT'S AMAZING HOW YOU
CAN JUST SHUFFLE WHAT YOU HAVE AND GET A WHOLE
NEW LOOK, ISN'T IT?! I'VE BEEN MEANING TO POST NEW
EVERY DAY HOME DECOR PICS ON MY PICTURE TRAIL
SO I WILL BE DOING THAT IN THE NEAR FUTURE.  I MAY
WANT TO HOOK THAT HORSE RUG FIRST THO!
I HADN'T UPDATED MY EVERY DAY PICS SINCE WE
GOT NEW CARPETING AND THAT HAS BEEN A YEAR ALREADY!
I COULDN'T STAND LOOKING AT THOSE PICS OF THE OLD
CARPETING ON THERE ANY LONGER!! 
PLUS I'VE GOTTEN SOME NEW GOODIES AND
MADE SOME NEW GOODIES SINCE THEN. SO IF YOU NOTICE I
HAVE DELETED ALL BUT ONE IN THAT ALBUM, DON'T WORRY
AS I WILL HAVE MANY NEW PICS TO SHOW SOON. I HOPE!
NOW I MUST GET BACK TO MY CLEANING AND CREATING.
WISHING ONE AND ALL A MOST PRODUCTIVE DAY
AND I HOPE YOU GET TO SQUEEZE IN A LITTLE TIME DOING
SOMETHING YOU LOVE.

UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

14 comments:

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori!
Horses and Houses.....has a nice ring to it as well as a wonderful look!!! So many pretties between your samplers, quilts and the sweet fabric guy!!! It really is amazing how some shifting and shuffling can make give things a totally new look!!
Have fun today....doing what you love! I am going to do the same!!
Big Hugs~~
Julie

Penny said...

LOVE all those photos!! You have some really beautiful handmades....I'm sure that horse rug is going to be wonderful, too, no matter how you do it!

I love to change little things around for a new look -- that gene seems to run in my family -- my mother was always moving things, and so do my sisters and I!!

I hope to be productive today, but really want to spend some time stitching!! Have a wonderful weekend!

cucki said...

Hello dear,
Such lOvely stitching and beautiful goodies..I love everything so much..
Have a lovely day
Love cucki xxx

The Humble Stitcher said...

Your horses and houses are wonderful and some of my favorite things, too! I hope you get to work on your rug soon. I know it will turn out perfectly :)
Enjoy your day!
Sandy

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

All your horses and houses are just wonderful. I'm sure your horse rug will turn out just perfect! Have a great weekend :)

WoolenSails said...

Nice theme with lots of room for adding onto.
Would love to see it all together in the room.

I am planning some ideas too, time for a change.

Debbie

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

A very fun theme, indeed; I'll bet your room is darling. Making changes, even small ones, often has great impact (in many areas of our live, not just decorating)!

Joanne said...

Another great collection and they do have a "ring" together! I'm sure your new rug will be wonderful! Looking forward to seeing it

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Hi, Lori:
I think they go together well! I'll bet your bedroom is charming. I can't wait to see the horse rug.
Hugs,
Susan

annie said...

Wonderful things, horses always make me think "antique". I love yours!

frontporchprims said...

Horses and houses just go together don't they? Many folk art pictures include both and they are beautiful. What a fun theme for the bathroom. -Steph-

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
Love all your horses and houses!
I hope we get to see some progress soon on the horse rug.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Maria said...

What eye candy Lori! Your samplers are stitched to perfection. Can't wait to see what you choose for colors for the rug. Maria

TheCrankyCrow said...

Playing a little catch up here before I have to hit the books...but yikes, probably shouldn't have chosen your blog to catch up on. You make me want to go stitch or hook or even (heaven forbid) clean/organize/rearrange something!! Your houses and horses are so whimsically charming...You know, I don't think I have a single horse thing anywhere....How odd is that??? Now you have me pondering a new addiction....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin