Monday, January 23, 2012

JANUARY 2012 UPDATE PREVIEW


WELCOME TO MY JANUARY UPDATE PREVIEW!
I'VE BEEN WORKING HARD ON NEW ITEMS
FOR MY THEME LINEN & BROWN.

LINEN BIRDS WITH BROWN COTTON WINGS,
TAILS AND BROWN STITCHED EYES.
COTTON STUFFED.

LINEN DOLLS WITH BROWN COTTON SKIRTS,
BROWN STITCHED FEATURES AND HEART.
RAG STUFFED.

FOR MY FRIEND SAMPLER ADAPTED
FROM A FREEBIE PATTERN BY PRIMITIVEBETTY.
STITCHED ON BROWN LINEN WITH 2 SHADES OF
BROWN COTTON THREAD AND A RED. RED IS SHOWING
UP IN PHOTO A DIFFERENT COLOR AND MUCH BRIGHTER THAN IT IS.

BIRD DOG. HE HAS A LINEN BODY, BROWN STITCHED
NOSE AND REALLY WORN ANTIQUE SHOE BUTTON EYES.
LITTLE BROWN BIRD ON HIS BACK IS A BROWN COTTON
PRINT. DOG IS RAG STUFFED, BIRD IS COTTON STUFFED.

LINEN POCKET. I'VE HAND APPLIQUED THE FLOWER,
STEM, LEAVES AND BASKET AND HAND STITCHED THE
DATE IN BROWN COTTON THREAD. THEN I HAND QUILTED
THE FRONT OF THE BAG WITH BROWN COTTON THREAD.
THE BACK IS LINEN ALSO AND IT IS LINED WITH THE
BROWN PRINT OF THE FLOWER. THEN I USED A BROWN
DOTTED COTTON FOR THE STRAP AND AROUND THE TOP
OF THE POCKET. COMES WITH THESE NEAT BROWN
DRIED FLOWERS FROM MY SISTERS GARDEN.

ADAPTED FROM AN ANTIQUE HOOKED RUG, I'VE
DONE A NEEDLE PUNCHED VERSION IN NEUTRALS.
I'VE FINISHED OFF THE BACK WITH A PIECE OF LINEN.

ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS THIS MONTH. THIS
BIRD WAS DESIGNED BY MY GREAT NIECE SKYLAR WHEN SHE
WAS TEN. BELOW IS THE ORIGINAL DRAWING SHE
DID. I ADDED THE TWO HEARTS. I LOVE THE SHAPE
OF HER BIRDIE AND IT WAS FUN TO HOOK!


I HAVE A FEW GENTLY USED THINGS I'M OFFERING
ALSO. ABOVE ARE TWO PIECES OF REPRO PEWTER.
ONE ON RIGHT IS A CANDLE STICK AND THE OTHER A SMALL PLATE
OR CUP HOLDER. I'M SENDING THE SUGAR CONE ALONG
WITH THE PLATE FOR ONE PRICE.

OLD TIN MEASURE.

BLACK PAINTED PINE WALL BOX WITH
FOUR DARK RED CANDLES FOR ONE PRICE.

THERE YOU HAVE IT! HOPE YOU WEREN'T DISAPPOINTED
AFTER ME TEASING YOU FOR SO LONG!!
MY PICTURETRAIL UPDATE WILL BE THIS WEDNESDAY,
JANUARY 25TH AT 9 AM CENTRAL TIME. I HAVE THE
ITEMS FOR SALE
ALBUM CLOSED DOWN UNTIL THEN SO I CAN PREPARE
THE UPDATE. I HOPE YOU CAN JOIN ME THEN. I'LL HAVE A
LITTLE REMINDER HERE ON WEDNESDAY MORNING.

THANKS FOR VISITING. HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

18 comments:

earlyamerica 1815 said...

OHHHH LORI, It looks like this is going to be a wonderful up-date!!! I know you are probably much busier than I am, but I was wondering if you could give me a call some time today or this evening??? Any time works for me...THANKS, Tina

primitivebettys said...

LORI! Everything is drop-dead-AWESOME! WOW! WOW! WOW! How do you do it?

cucki said...

Wowwww everything is so sweetttttt
LOve for you xxx

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Lori~ Stunning preview~
smiles
Teresa

moosecraft said...

Wow! I bet they all sell out quick!

annie said...

Such wonderful things! I love the different pieces you come up with, and all the details you put into them!

Orange Sink said...

Lori,
I am wiping drool off the keyboard! Everything is so lovely and that bird drawing and your hooked piece is so precious!
Much success on Wed!!
Hugs!
Cathy G

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hi Lori!...what wonderful things you've created!...I am loving everything!

Janet

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Lori, so many lovelies with those soft pretty colors you've chosen.
And you've got some great vintage
items for sale.
Hugs,
Susan

~Sara said...

Lots of fun looking creations. Love the birds. Love all of the color combinations. Have a blessed week ~Sara

Ronda said...

Wonderful Lori!....girl you get so much done.....!..~Ronda

Mugwump Woolies said...

Hi Lori,
You certainly have been busy! Everything looks just wonderful. I love the little punch needle rug...those neutral colors are so pretty together. The blue bird drawing is a treasure...as your rug.
Robyn

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Simply amazing and wow you got so much done!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori~
All of your creations are wonderful and I know you will have a great update!!! Quality work always takes more time and no one will be sorry they waited because your handiwork is beautiful!!
Have a fantastic update, my friend!!
Big Hugs and Blessings~~
Julie

frontporchprims said...

Love the linen and brown line. What wonderful items you have. -Steph-

NIKY said...

Hi Lori your works are wonderfull. Hugs from Italy.

Sherri Farley said...

I love your dollys. I really like the bird dog!!!!! Very creative.

s said...

Simply stunning group of work. You are so talented! Love them all.
Sheila