Sunday, January 22, 2012

ANTIQUE INSPIRATION



MY EBAY GROUP AN AMERICAN PRIMITIVE GATHERING
(AAPG) ARE DOING THIS RUG FOR THE FIRST QUARTER OF THE YEAR.
WILL PICK AN ANTIQUE RUG FOR INSPIRATION AND WE
 CAN EITHER HOOK IT OR PUNCH IT. I CHOSE
TO PUNCH THIS ONE AND I'M LOVING HOW IT'S COMING
SO FAR. I'M USING ALL DMC COTTON FLOSS.
LOTS OF CHANGES IN COLORS BUT I WANT TO TRY
TO ACHIEVE THE ANTIQUE LOOK AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.
I'M TRYING TO DO IT CLOSE TO THE PALETTE OF THE ORIGINAL
HOOKED RUG. 

DON'T FORGET TOMORROW I WILL POST PREVIEW PICS
OF MY JANUARY UPDATE ITEMS FOR MY PICTURETRAIL SO PLEASE CHECK
BACK IF YOU'D LIKE TO SEE WHAT I'LL BE OFFERING
ON WED. MORE INFO ON THAT TOMORROW.
HAVE A WONDERFUL EVENING.

UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

16 comments:

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Lori-Love the colors you're using, it looks great!

janet said...

Very nice colors..I love the pattern..

kelley said...

swoon...it's perfection!

annie said...

Love your colors. That's a great rug! Always want to see your updates!

Robin said...

wow...That is beautiful !! I love the colors of floss you are using !! The design intimidates me..I want to do it, but I don't know...so much detail ...I'm a sissy...lol
Yours is just wonderful !!
Robin

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Lori, I like your version better than the antique! Beautiful job.
Hugs,
Susan

WoolenSails said...

Love your punched version, really doing a beautiful job on keeping with the original.

Debbie

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
I love that pattern! Your punch needle version will look like an instant antique!
Hugs :)
Lauren

primitivebettys said...

Very lovely begging :-)

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Lori you are doing a fantastic job on your little punched rug and the colors are prim perfect!

cucki said...

beautiful job xxx

moosecraft said...

Lookin' good, Lori! Maybe I'll try punching it too... I love the design but can't seem to find enough time to hook...

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Awesome as usual Lori!!!

Cottonwood Lane Primitives said...

That's a beautiful piece! Looks like the original designer really liked her flowers and birds. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's interpretation! ~Roberta

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Oh Lori,
This is such a wonderful pattern and your version looks amazing!! I have seen several other ladies rugs and they are all doing a great job!! The colors are so rich and it looks "aged to perfection" just the way you want it to look!!
Have fun and hope your hands are handling things better with the punching versus the hooking!
Take care and can't wait to see the finished masterpiece!!
Hugs~~

Julie

Mary said...

Loving your punched version Lori! I wish I had more time to finish some of my punchneedle projects. I can't wait to see the finished rug. Mary