Wednesday, December 21, 2011

REMEMBERING.....

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY. FROM L TO R,
UNCLE JIM, UNCLE BOB, UNCLE ROY, DAD
GRANDMA AND GRANDPA. DAD (THE OLDEST)
AND UNCLE JIM (THE YOUNGEST) ARE THE ONLY
ONES LEFT FROM THIS PICTURE. THERE IS ANOTHER
BROTHER, UNCLE TED, WHO LIVES IN A HOME FOR
SPECIAL NEEDS PEOPLE AND ISN'T WELL.
HE WAS THE SECOND SON BORN.

WE WOULD USUALLY GATHER AT OUR HOUSE
FOR CHRISTMAS AS WE HAD THE MOST ROOM
AND I REMEMBER MY UNCLES WOULD COME EARLY
AND MAKE NOISES WITH THE GIFTS SANTA HAD
LEFT UNDER THE TREE FOR US. NONE OF THEM
WERE WRAPPED AND THEY THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY
TO TEASE US BECAUSE THEY KNEW WE COULDN'T COME
OUT UNTIL WE WERE ALL THREE UP AND READY TO GO!

ANOTHER FOND MEMORY IS THE YEAR AUNT PAT
MADE US TONS OF BARBIE DOLL OUTFITS. THEY
WERE HUNG ALL OVER THE TREE ON LITTLE PLASTIC
HANGERS AND WE CAME OUT AND PICKED THEM OFF
THE TREE!  OH THE EXCITEMENT!!

OUR FAMILY.
 THIS WAS OUR FIRST YEAR IN OUR
NEW HOUSE BUILT BY MY DAD WHEN I WAS FIVE.
LOIS IS THE YOUNGEST AND WAS A NEWBORN HERE.
SHE JUST TURNED 50 ON DEC. 13TH!

THE PHOTO ABOVE AND THE NEXT ONE
ARE FOR LAUREN. REMEMBER I SAID MY MOM
HAD A PUG?  WELL HERE SHE IS. I CAN'T REMEMBER
 THE DOGS NAME BUT MY SISTER LINDA
PROBABLY DOES.

HERE I AM HOLDING THE PUG. POOR THING
DOESN'T LOOK TOO COMFY!

THE WILLIAMS GIRLS. SOME TIME IN THE 60'S.

HERE WE ARE AGAIN. CHECK OUT THOSE
GLASSES I'M WEARING!! PROBABLY 1969 OR 70.

MOM AND DAD

BRIAN AND MY FIRST CHRISTMAS
TOGETHER AFTER WE MARRIED. BOY, WERE WE
EVER SKINNY!!

OUR SON SCOTT. HE WAS 33 IN NOVEMBER.

HERE'S TO CHERISHED MEMORIES OF FAMILY
AND ALL THE CHRISTMASES TOGETHER OVER
THE YEARS. I HAVE SO MANY FOND MEMORIES
TO TREASURE. TO EACH ONE.....TAKE TIME TO
REALLY ENJOY EACH OTHER AND WHAT CHRISTMAS
IS ALL ABOUT, THE GIFT OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR,
WHO IS CHRIST THE LORD.

UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

15 comments:

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

A truly WONDERFUL POST Lori!! I love all those old black and white photos too! I have some of those tucked away but many others were sadly lost over the years! So happy you have them and the memories as well to cherish!!
Wishing you lots of new and special memories to cherish in this coming new year!
Enjoy your celebration of our Blessed Saviour, Jesus!
Merry Christmas and Warm Hugs~~

Julie

The Evening Stitcher said...

It's so much fun looking at those old pictures! Who'd ever thought we would be "old"..or I should say "older"! I think we were all skinny way back then...I love the glasses...Hope you kept them...they will probably be back in style!! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Penny said...

Love the pics!! I have quite a few black/white ones from that same time period (I am 57). I love going through them and remembering..... and what better time than Christmas when family memories are front and center!

There were two older girls that lived on my block that always made me such fantastic Barbie clothes.... weren't those outfits the best?!!! Such a fond memory!

Merry Christmas!! Wishing you more happy memories in the making!!

Joanne said...

What a fun trip down memory lane - reminds me so much of our family photo's - not like now - digital is so easy - back then there were fewer and more "posed" photos! Merry Christmas to you and your family Lori!

annie said...

What wonderful memories, I love old photographs, how good is is to remember the happy times! I love the way your son is sitting on his toes. My boy used to do the same thing! Your pictures are precious!

woollylottrugs said...

What wonderful pictures! You and Bryan are so young. I remember those days like they were yesterday!

Merry Christmas Lori!

hugs
cyndi

Orange Sink said...

Hi Lori,
Aren't those old photos wonderful! They are so sweet I even like the soft faded colors they get over time!
Love the one of you and the Pug! Just precious!
Do you have an album that you keep them in?
I started one last year for old photos and it will probably take me the rest of my life to finish it! LOL!!
Have a wonderful Christmas!
Hugs!
Cathy G
The little quilt and punch snowman are having a jolly time here...... it's snowing lightly and looking a little more like Christmas.... but it's not supposed to last!
Blessings!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
I just love all your B & W pics and the trip down memory lane. Thanks for the pug pictures! How sweet of you to post them for me.
Merry Christmas!
PUG hugs :)
Lauren

frontporchprims said...

What a lovely set of vintage photos. Its' fun to look back over the years and remember the great family times. Merry Christmas. -Steph-

Maria said...

Great pictures Lori. It is fun to look through all the old pictures. Merry Christmas to you and Brian! Maria

ctlogcabin said...

Lori ~~ Thank You for taking us down Memory Lane with you ... Love all the old photos, the family and the "stuff" you can see in the pictures ... my time period also.
Wishing You & Yours a Blessed Merry Christmas !!
Hugs ~ Connie xox

♥ Cabin Creek Farm ♥ said...

Great photos Lori. Thanks for sharing them with us. Wishing you and yours a Very Merry Christmas.

TheCrankyCrow said...

What an endearing post, Lori - love your family memories. Wish we had more in photos. Thinking back, I don't believe we had a camera - so all our photos came from others (and since my mother had 13 siblings, the photos usually weren't of our family!) Funny - your dad came from a family of all boys and ended up with all girls....bet he spoiled you all to pieces. Wishing you everything merry and bright my friend. Hugs & Christmas Blessings ~ Robin (Ps - you're still skinny!) ;o)

moosecraft said...

What great pictures and happy memories too! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Thanks for sharing the memories~ wonderful photos~ oh, you made me go back~
smiles
Teresa