Sunday, November 6, 2011

MAREE AND BILL'S HOME

YESTERDAY I STOPPED TO SEE MY FRIENDS
MAREE AND BILL. THEIR HOME AND YARD IS SO WONDERFUL!
THEY'VE WORKED HARD TO MAKE IT THE WAY IT
IS TODAY. IT LOOKS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT
THAN WHEN I FIRST MET THEM YEARS AGO.
A FEW YEARS AGO THEY MADE THEIR RANCH HOME
LOOK LIKE AN OLD LOG HOME AND IT TRULY
DOES LOOK LIKE ONE! THEN THEY ADDED THIS
FABULOUS FRONT PORCH. MAREE GROWS PUMPKINS
TO DECORATE FOR FALL AND SO I ASKED IF I COULD
SNAP SOME PICTURES TO SHARE WITH YOU OF HER
HANDIWORK. SHE PUTS EVERYTHING TOGETHER JUST
PERFECT! ABOVE IS THE FRONT DOOR.


ISN'T THIS OLD TROUGH FULL OF
PUMPKINS THE BEST?!


SHE HAS SOME NEAT RUSTY THINGS HERE
AND THERE IN HER GARDENS TOO.

A GROUPING BY THE SIDE ENTRANCE.
MAREE HAD 3 WHITE PUMPKINS IN
HER GARDEN THIS YEAR. HERE ARE TWO
OF THEM.

OUT IN FRONT OF THE HOUSE MORE GARDEN
GOODIES AND PUMPKINS ADDED FOR COLOR.

COME SIT A SPELL

THIS IS ONE REASON I WENT TO VISIT MAREE
AND BILL. BILL MAKES ME THINGS FROM PINE
AND HE MADE THESE DOGGY STEPS FOR ZOE
FOR NEXT TO OUR BED. I STILL HAVE TO
PAINT THEM AND I'M GOING TO HOOK
LITTLE RUGS FOR THE STEPS SO ZOE DOESN'T
SLIP. SHE'S CHECKING IT OUT IN THIS PIC!
OUR BED IS SO HIGH THE STEPS HAD TO BE GOOD
SIZE BUT THEY AREN'T AS BIG AS I FEARED SO I
THINK IT WILL WORK OUT GREAT.

BILL IS SO SMART, HE REALIZED THE BED RAIL
ON THE SIDE IS SO THICK THERE WOULD BE A SPACE
NEXT TO THE BED SO HE MADE THE TOP OF THE STEPS
HANG OVER ON THAT SIDE MORE SO WHEN ZOE
STEPS DOWN THERE IS NOT AN OPENING BETWEEN
THE STEPS AND THE MATTRESS. I WOULD NOT
HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT! AND ONE STEP GOES
JUST UNDER THE SIDE RAIL. IT'S A PERFECT FIT.
I'LL SHOW YOU THE STEPS WHEN I GET THEM PAINTED
 AND RUGS ON THEM.

BILL MAKES MY PINE PICTURE FRAMES FOR ME
AND I HAVE SOME REPRODUCTION FURNITURE PIECES
HE HAS MADE INSPIRED FROM ANTIQUES IN THEIR HOME.

HAVE A NICE SUNDAY EVERYONE.
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

14 comments:

Courtney said...

Lovely! The steps are so nice for our doggy pals who cannot jump up any longer. I love all the pumpkins and the great displays!

Raymond Homestead said...

You're right, their home looks wonderful! It would be neat to see a before picture, before they made it look like a log home!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Bill and Maree have a BEAUTIFUL home and yard! Love all of Maree's pumpkins!! That trough display is awesome!! And love Zoe's new steps....how thoughtful and clever of Bill to make them to fit so perfectly....Can't wait to see the little hooked rugs you've planned for them....Have a wonderful Sunday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

annie said...

Lovely home, porch, pumpkins and displays. The step design is very ingenious with the side extensions. I had a thought for you to ponder: the climb is pretty high for your sweet baby, perhaps he could build you a miniature dog size version bed to match your own, a few inches off the floor? Might be something to consider. Hope you have a great week.

HomeSpunPrims said...

Annie,
She is so used to sleeping between us that she would never stay in her own bed but that is a good idea. Maybe when she is old and can't do the steps we will have to do that. Like a minnie trundle roap bed! The top platform of the steps is bigger so when she goes down she isn't afraid to step onto it.

Robin,
I'll probably do some hit and miss rugs for the smaller steps and not sure for the top platform. Maybe something with her name.

Janet - underthewillow said...

oh my! whatta an awesome looking house! I love it!...and those steps look like just the ticket for Zoe hooray!

Janet

cucki said...

very sweet home..i love it so much with my heart.

jennifer768 said...

What an amazing home!Love it and all the pumpkins.Your friends have a great talent. Can't wait to see Zoe's steps finished.Hugs,Jen

Orange Sink said...

Lori,
I know those little steps are going to look so cute and primitive when you get them done! Zoe will love the rugs on them!
Your friends house is so lovely! Very warm and welcoming! She has the same wonderful decorator's touch as you have!
Cathy G

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
What a wonderful home. Thank you for sharing!
Hugs :)
Lauren

The Evening Stitcher said...

Beautiful...I would love to see the before pictures! What a wonderful front porch...just lovely!

PrimHearted said...

Your friends porch is lovely and what a good idea with having the steps for the dog. I could use one of those for my cats :)

Kimberly said...

Beautiful home!!! The steps are going to be wonderful, I just know it! Your baby is too cute! Thank you for sharing :) Enjoy your day. My Best ~Kimberly

frontporchprims said...

What a beautiful home. I love the trough full of pumpkins. The patio sees so inviting. What a lucky dog. -Steph-