Monday, November 14, 2011

A GATHERING ON THE PRAIRIE

I WENT TO A GATHERING ON THE PRAIRIE
PRIMITIVE ANTIQUES SHOW IN ARTHUR, IL
THIS PAST WEEKEND WITH MY FRIEND TINA AND HER
HUSBAND JOHN TO HELP HER IN HER BOOTH.
SHE WAS SELLING HER CHRISTMAS BOOK THERE.
WE HAD THE BEST TIME! NEITHER ONE OF US
HAD EVER BEEN TO THAT SHOW AND WHEN
WE WALKED IN AND SAW BOOTH AFTER BOOTH
OF PRIMITIVE ANTIQUES OUR HEARTS BEGAN TO
BEAT FASTER AND WE WERE OVERWHELMED TO SAY
THE LEAST! I'VE NEVER SEEN SO MANY WONDERFUL
PRIMITIVE ANTIQUES IN ONE PLACE BEFORE!! WE HAD ABOUT AN
HOUR TO SHOP BEFORE THE DOORS WERE OPENED
SO I DID SOME MAJOR POWER SHOPPING. I WAS
SO BUSY SHOPPING I DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO TAKE MANY
PICTURES BUT TINA MAY HAVE MORE I CAN SHOW
YOU AT A LATER DATE.


THIS LOVELY LADY IS DARLENE LESICKO.
DARLENE VENDS AT THE SHOW AND HER HOME
IS IN TINA'S BOOK. IN FACT HER HOME GRACES
THE COVER! DARLENE AND HER DAUGHTER ARE
THE SWEETEST. IT WAS SO NICE TO MEET THEM.

THESE ARE THE GOODS I BOUGHT AT
THE SHOW. I'M STILL PLACING
SOME OF THEM. I MADE A LIST
AND STUCK TO IT PRETTY GOOD EXCEPT
FOR THE CUPBOARD! BUT I DID NEED
SOME STORAGE FOR SOME OF MY QUILTS
SO IT WILL WORK OUT GREAT. IT'S ALMOST
THE SAME COLOR AS THE BIG BLUE/GREEN
CUPBOARD IN THE OPPOSITE CORNER
OF THE LIVING ROOM SO THEY LOOK
GOOD IN THE ROOM TOGETHER. BY THE WAY...
IT'S THE CUPBOARD IN THE BOOTH IN
THE FIRST PICTURE! I KEPT LOOKING AT
IT AND KNEW I HAD TO MAKE UP MY MIND
BEFORE SOMEONE NABBED IT. BOY, AM
I GLAD I DID!! 

SOME CLOSE UPS OF MY ANTIQUE PURCHASES.


THIS IS HOW I HAVE THE CUPBOARD DISPLAYED.
I MADE THE QUILT YEARS AGO AND I LOVE HOW
IT LOOKS WITH THE CUPBOARD. THE LITTLE KITTY
RUG TOO!

A LARGE MOUSE HOLE IN THE FRONT OF THE CUPBOARD.
THERE ARE TWO MORE GOOD SIZED ONES ON THE
BOTTOM BACK. GIVES IT MORE CHARACTER!

THIS BUCKET BENCH WAS WHERE THE CUPBOARD
IS. I MOVED IT INTO THE GUEST BEDROOM AND I
THINK BECAUSE IT'S BROWN PAINT IT LOOKS
BETTER IN HERE. 

MY SHORTER HOG SCRAPER CANDLE STICK
WITH A TALLER ONE I HAD.

THE BOWLS IN THE TOP OF MY CUPBOARD.

THE LITTLE RED DRESS ALONG WITH ANOTHER
OF THE SAME CRANBERRY COLOR THAT I FOUND
LAST YEAR. THE REDDISH BROWN PANTRY IS UNDER
THE LITTLE BLACK ONE.

I'M STILL TIRED BUT IT WAS SO WORTH THE TRIP. 
WE ALSO MADE IT TO THE HOMESTEADERS ON THE PRAIRIE
SHOW ON FRIDAY EVENING AND SOME OF MY GOODS ARE
FROM THERE. THE TWO LITTLE LADY COOKIE
CUTTERS WERE FROM BRENDA AT EARLY GOODS ANTIQUES.
IT WAS SO NICE TO MEET HER. I CAME HOME TO
FIND MY NEWEST ISSUE OF COUNTRY SAMPLER
MAGAZINE AND BRENDA'S HOME IS ONE OF THE HOMES
FEATURED! I HAVEN'T HAD TIME TO REALLY LOOK
MUCH SO I WILL LOOK FORWARD TO READING THIS
ISSUE. IT LOOKS LIKE A VERY GOOD ONE.

I ALSO WANTED TO SAY I'LL BE PUTTING UP SOME MORE
THINGS ON MY PT FOR SALE THAT I WEEDED OUT OF
OUR HOME MAYBE TOMORROW. I'LL ANNOUNCE IT HERE
ON MY BLOG SO YOU KNOW TO LOOK. JUST A FEW
GENTLY LOVED THINGS I DON'T HAVE ROOM FOR.

UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

14 comments:

~Judy~ said...

Love your new cupboard and other goodies you got. Sounds like it was a great show.

Doniene said...

Love the mouse hole in the cupboard!! I agree, it is great character!! Lovely photos. How fun!!

Blessings

frontporchprims said...

I just love your blog. That cupboard is to die for. I let out a sigh and an awe when I saw it in the first picture. What fun to run around and shop for an hour before the doors opened. Reminds me of a shopping spree. You got some neat things. I love the sheep and molds. You have displayed things so nicely. I love the changes you have made. -Steph-

Joanne said...

wow Lori - how wonderful you got to help out at that show and shop too - its so hard to find good shows (around here we have bazaars filled with crocheted dish towels and plastic soda bottle bird feeders!) Lucky you! Love all your goodies!

Cat Haven Crafts said...

Just loved your post today!

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hi Lori!...sounds like a great time and you sure did come home with some beauties!

Janet

marijke's crea said...

Wauw what a wonderful things you have bought!
Your house is so pretty!!!
groetjes Marijke

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Such a wonderful place ~ I would have been in heaven with all those primitives. Love all the wonderful things you bought!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin

cucki said...

wow i love the cupboard and all the other things are so precious too..everything is simply truly beautiful..
lots of love for you xx

Patti said...

Oh Lori! I am so sorry that I missed you at the Gathering - I would have loved to have met you! Such lovely treasures that you purchased - the cabinet is incredible and those little mouse holes add so much character and history! I have to say the shows were a bit overwhelming as each booth was so lovely. I hope to post my adventure tonight...
Enjoy your purchases they look so perfect in your home.
Blessings, Patti

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
What wonderful treasures you brought home! I love them all. Sure wish I lived closer and could stop by for a visit....sigh!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

oh my stars ~ what FUN you must have had! I love LOVE the cupboard with mouse-hole...have one in my kitchen that I bought in New England yrs ago that has a mousey-hole up through 3 shelves! Peter thought I was crazy, but now he tells everyone about it ~
the quilt you show is exceptional...as is all of your work Lori!
thanks for sharing with us ~
Blessed be!
Lori from Notforgotten Farm

TheCrankyCrow said...

I just came from Roberta's (Taking the Scenic Route) and she went to the same shows....I thought I didn't have any drool left, but, surprise, surprise...Oh my heck...what I wouldn't give to go to a show like that...we had a little antique show here in town over the weekend - a few pantries (maybe 3 - all over $300) and one vendor actually had some hogscrapers - the cheapest was $175 and had no thumb lever....You did amazingly well for an hour's worth of shopping - gotta say - that cabinet is my favorite. What's not to love about a mouse hole (as long as it was made by an antique mouse!) Have a great rest of the week! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Oh Lori, it sounds like you had a fantastic time and all your new treasures are wonderful!! I really love the cupboard and it is a perfect match for your other one....what a great find!! I also love the cookie cutters too! What a wonderful trip to two fantastic shows!! I know you got primitively inspired!!
Blessings and Hugs~~
Julie