Thursday, October 20, 2011

UPDATE OF JUDY'S HOUSE

YOU MAY REMEMBER ABOUT A YEAR AGO
I SHOWED YOU MY FRIEND JUDY'S HOUSE.
SHE AND HER HUSBAND HAVE WORKED HARD
THIS SUMMER PUTTING ON NEW SIDING,
WINDOWS, NEW LIGHT BY THE FRONT DOOR
 AND ADDING THIS WONDERFUL PORCH
ALONG THE FRONT OF THE HOUSE. I JUST LOVE IT!
IT CHANGES THE WHOLE LOOK OF THE FRONT.


ON THE FRONT PORCH...A COZY SPOT TO SIT


THIS IS ON A TABLE...LOVE IT!

A SETTLE MADE FROM BARN WOOD.
JUDY IS STILL PLAYING WITH THE PORCH
SO I'M SURE SHE WILL CHANGE IT UP OVER
TIME BUT I THINK IT LOOKS PERFECT!

A CORNER IN THE LIVING ROOM.

A BOWL OF GOURDS ON THE CHEST IN FRONT
OF THE COUCH
THIS IS A NEW ANTIQUE PIE SAFE JUDY FOUND THIS PAST
SUMMER. IT'S PAINTED A SORT OF GREY/BLUE
COLOR AND REALLY A NEAT PIECE. SHE
HAS LOTS OF OLD BROWN CROCKERY AND
ANTIQUE TIN CANDLE MOLDS INSIDE.

A NEWLY ACQUIRED STACK OF PANTRY'S AND
A MEASURE.

SOME BROWN PUNKINS AND ANOTHER OLD MEASURE

IN A CUPBOARD IN THE DINING AREA...
REPRO REDWARE, ANTIQUE WICK TRIMMERS
OLD TIN CANDLE HOLDER
AND A HOOKED RUG BY JUDY.

A BENCH IN THE HALLWAY.
I ESPECIALLY LOVE HOW THIS LOOKS!
OLD CHEST ON BENCH AND LOTS
OF MEASURES AND PANTRY BOXES
STACKED ON TOP.

SAMPLERS AND STITCHERIES ON THE WALL

JUDY ALSO FOUND THIS NEAT CUPBOARD SINCE
I TOOK PICS LAST. ISN'T IT GREAT FOR HER
BUCKETS? THIS IS IN ONE OF THE BEDROOMS.


IN THE MASTER BEDROOM.


ZOE AND I HIT THE ROAD ON TUESDAY.
I HAD TO PICK UP A FEW THINGS AT A
WONDERFUL ORGANIC FOOD COOP
90 MILES FROM US AND
DO A BIT OF OTHER SHOPPING AND SINCE
WE WERE GOING RIGHT BY JUDY'S I POPPED
IN FOR A FEW MINUTES. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED
THE PICTURES. JUDY, WHEN YOU READ THIS...
IT LOOKS FINE AND EVEN IF THE COLORS
ARE NOT QUITE AS THEY ARE IN PERSON I
KNOW EVERYONE IS ENJOYING SEEING
SOME OF YOUR BEAUTIFUL, PRIMITIVE HOME!

UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

22 comments:

cucki said...

hello dear, it is truly a very beautiful primitive home..
i love it with my heart.
love and hugs for you xxx

frontporchprims said...

Beautiful house Judy. I love the color of the siding. Your displays are prim perfect. -Steph-

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Wonderful, wonderful post Lori!!
I love all the pictures of all those great vignettes of Judy's collections!! What is NOT TO LOVE?? Those game boards...swoon!!
Thanks for sharing and tell Judy her home is AMAZING....like someone else I know......!!!
Hugs and Blessings~~
Julie

Susie said...

Very nice.............both inside and out!

The Evening Stitcher said...

Love the look of her house, Lori! I love her long porch. Judy has such a nice way of decorating..very prim! I love her new pie safe and her game boards are beautiful!

colonialhomekeepings said...

Love this post. Blessings on your friendship!

my3Kitties said...

Love the pictures, thanks for sharing!!! Wonderful home!

Jessica @Blessings in the Country said...

Such a great post, thanks for sharing Judy's home! I just love all the photos. :)

Blessings,
Jessica

ann hermes said...

What wonderful pictures. Your friend Judy has a great eye for decorating. I am inspired.

Rachel said...

Wow! Judy's house is beautiful inside & out! Love all her displays & her colors are just perfect! Love her bench on the porch too ~ I'd love to have one like that for my house. :O) Thanks for sharing!

DianeM said...

Wow! I LOVE it! Great job Judy & Hubby :)
Smiles, DianeM

Cat Haven Crafts said...

Gorgeous primitive home. It looks absolutely inviting and filled with love. Thanks for sharing this wonderful picture trail!

Merry Wind Farm said...

Thanks so much for posting all these pictures! So many prims...firkins, shaker boxes, I love it all! Tell your friend that I love her home, everything is absolutely gorgeous! And her new front porch looks so inviting..
Melinda

Penny said...

Judy's home is wonderful!! I love the long porch they put on and all her great prim decorating!! Great job..... Thanks for sharing, Lori.... and enjoy the fruits of your labor, Judy!!

jennifer768 said...

Judy's home is awesome!Love the front porch ,everything inside looks perfect.Thanks for sharing it with us.Hugs,Jen

Lee Hill Primitives said...

LOve everything. Awesome colletions but the gameboard wall is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

TheCrankyCrow said...

ok...I'm in serious love.....Judy has an amazing home - and incredible collections and displays! Measures and pantries and firkins, oh my! Gameboards and buckets and candle molds, oh my my my!!! I truly could just move right in! Love her porch too - and that little garden out front is adorable! Love the unique fencing....Thanks so much for the tour Lori!! Smiles & Thursday Hugs ~ Robin

Raymond Homestead said...

Really enjoyed the pictures! Thanks for sharing!

annie said...

Wow! She has an amazing home, the garden and porch are wonderful! All the things inside are just wonderful too, so many fabulous treasures, how inviting it all looks. Thanks so much fore sharing, it's better than a magazine.

Courtney said...

Awesome home. So calming. I really appreciate how peaceful the primitive home is. I love coming home to my little repro cape. It reminds me why I moved up here to the country!!

Carol Stuck said...

The home is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing all the prim eye candy inside.

hugs,
Carol

Mary said...

Ohhhhhh..........!!!!! Just lovely! I want to sneak by some evening and steal away in the night with that settle bench and the shutter display. How perfect they would be in my little pool house.