Sunday, October 9, 2011

PROVIDENCE OLDACRE

I'VE HAD THIS PATTERN BY WENDY
OF PINEBERRY LANE FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND
JUST HADN'T MADE THE TIME TO MAKE HER
FOR MYSELF. THE OTHER DAY I DECIDED TO JUST
GO FOR IT! SHE IS HUGE AT 36" LONG. HER HEAD
IS POLY STUFFED BUT THE REST IS RAG STUFFED.
I DIDN'T DO EVERYTHING EXACTLY AS
WENDY DID BUT PRETTY CLOSE. SHE IS
HANGING ON MY ANTIQUE PIE SAFE  IN THE
LIVING ROOM WHERE
I STORE SOME OF MY WOOL.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THE PINKEEP.
IT SAYS:
YOU NEED NOT BE AFRAID OF ME
I'M JUST A GROWN UP PUMPKIN SEED.

YES THIS IS DEAD YARROW GATHERED FROM NEAR
OUR HOUSE. I THOUGHT THE BROWN WENT BETTER
WITH HER THAN IF I HAD DRIED IT YELLOW
SO MAYBE THERE WAS A REASON I DIDN'T
GET TO IT SOONER?!

I USED A REAL PUMPKIN STEM INSTEAD
OF MAKING A FABRIC NUBBIN THAT STUCK
OUT LIKE ON THE PATTERN. I'M NOT A GLUE
PERSON (GLUE GUNS SCARE ME!) SO I LEFT
A HOLE IN THE TOP OF HER HEAD BIG ENOUGH
FOR THE STEM AND INSERTED IT THRU THE DOLL
BODY. SINCE IT NATURALLY CURVED OUT WHERE
IT WAS ATTACHED TO THE A PUMPKIN IT WORKED
PERFECTLY AND DOESN'T COME OUT. I HAND
STITCHED AROUND THE OPENING BEFORE I
INSERTED THE STEM JUST TO GIVE IT MORE STABILITY.


CAN YOU SEE ME? I CAN'T SEE YOU!

POOR ZOE, SOMETHING MUST HAVE HAPPENED
THIS SUMMER THAT WE DIDN'T SEE BECAUSE
SHE ALL OF A SUDDEN IS AFRAID IN THE HOUSE
WHERE THERE IS WIND. ESPECIALLY IF
A DOOR CREAKS. IT'S BEEN QUITE WINDY HERE
THE PAST FEW DAYS AND SHE WOULD LOVE FOR
ME TO JUST HOLD HER BUT I DON'T WANT TO
REINFORCE THIS BEHAVIOR SO I HAVE TRIED NOT
TO DO THAT. SHE GAVE UP ON ME AND FELT SAFE
UNDER THE DUST RUFFLE I GUESS.

WISHING EVERYONE A LOVELY SUNDAY. IT'S
SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE 70'S HERE THRU
WEDNESDAY. NOT AT ALL LIKE NORMAL
OCTOBER WEATHER. WHAT HAPPENED TO
FROST ON THE PUMPKINS?
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

10 comments:

annie said...

This is such a sweet heart, sort of timid, I think, but very lovable. I like her stem! Hope your Zoe does okay, seems like loud noises are the worse for little ones like her.

cucki said...

i love her too..she is really so sweet :)
hugs xx

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh I am so loving your Providence Lori - she's adorable!! Love, love, her stem....And poor, poor, Zoey....I don't like the wind much either - and we sure have more than our fair share. (And, hey - I finally met someone else who is afraid of glue guns!) Wishing you a great week ahead....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Carol Stuck said...

Oh I love your Providence!! One of my most favorite patterns from Pineberry Lane. She turned out awesome!!! Perfect prim!!

Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us.

hugs,
Carol

renee said...

Love! She looks great! Poor little baby, our dog was big and if it stormed, he was on the bed in one of the boys rooms!
Have a good night.
Renee

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Awe poor Zoe! Your Providence is wonderful right down to each detail.

The Humble Stitcher said...

I love your Providence...she is just perfect! I recently purchased Wendy's Fancey Blackett pattern and hope to make her up soon.
Sweet little Zoe...my doxie Penny is afraid of the wind too and usually tries to climb up my leg to pick her up when it gets too loud. Last winter there was a bad storm with thunder and she hasn't liked wind ever since. Poor babies!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
It is so nice to see that you are making something for yourself and she is just wonderful!! I also have that pattern and will make her someday.....I say that about ALL the patterns I have.....*sigh* but I guess it is just something I can look forward to!
Poor Zoe just reminds me of the times I was afraid as a child and would hide under the covers! I'm sure that gave her a sense of safety like it did me!! Have a great week!
Hugs and Blessings~~
Julie

Courtney said...

I just love Providence. She is wonderful with so many fun features!

primitivebettys said...

Awesome doll! :-)

Poor Zoe! I had a dog once that was scared of storms. She would crawl under the washer where my folk's had it propped up on cinder blocks.