Sunday, September 4, 2011

SAMPLER CHALLENGE & RUG PROGRESS

GOOD LABOR DAY WEEKEND EVERYONE!
I'VE BEEN STITCHING AND HOOKING SO THOUGHT
I'D SHARE WHAT I'VE GOTTEN DONE.

ABOVE IS A SAMPLER IN PROGRESS FOR A
GROUP I BELONG TO THAT LORI BRECHLIN STARTED
CALLED SAMPLERMAKER'S. IF YOU'D LIKE
TO JOIN JUST EMAIL LORI AT NOTFORGOTTEN FARM.

THE CHALLENGE WAS SET UP BY JENNIE LYNN SCHMITT
OF APPLESEED PRIM. MOTIF'S AND AN ALPHABET WERE
PROVIDED BY JENNIE LYNN. NOT MANY RULES TO
FOLLOW BUT WE HAD TO INCLUDE AT LEAST 2
OF THE PROVIDED MOTIFS. WE COULD CHANGE
THEM TO SUIT OUR OWN TASTES THO. THE DEADLINE
IS OCTOBER 1ST. MINE WILL BE OFFERED
FOR SALE LATER THIS MONTH. I'M USING DMC
433,780,829,3031 AND 3045. WONDERFUL SHADES
OF FALL BUT THIS SAMPLER WILL BE MADE TO
LEAVE OUT YEAR ROUND IF DESIRED. I'M STITCHING
IT ON PRAIRIE CLOTH IN A NEAT KHAKI COLOR.

HERE IS MY PROGRESS ON MY GEOMETRIC RUG.
I AM OVER HALFWAY THERE NOW! YAY AND
WHOOOO HOOOO!!!!  I SWEAR THOSE WORMS ARE
NOT GOING DOWN A BIT THO!! LOL

ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR HOLIDAY WEEKEND.
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI


13 comments:

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hi Lori!...I love what you're working on!...such pretty colors!

Janet

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
I'm loving both your projects. You choose the bestest colors!!!
Happy holiday to you.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

annie said...

I'm with the other ladies, I love your colors too! Great designs!

Ronda said...

Looking awesome Lori!!..thanks for sharing.

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Your sampler and your rug are both looking wonderful! Great, fall colors!

TheCrankyCrow said...

I am completely and hopeless smitten by both the sampler and your new rug. Wow....such rich, warm, muddy colors....they really sing to me.... GORGEOUS!!! Happy holiday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Jennifer @ Stitchin' Thyme said...

I love both projects. I have so many cross stitch patterns but still can't seem to get any started. I love looking at all of yours, they are lovely.

Claudine brodeuse de perles said...

Très belles couleurs ! Ce sera superbe ! Très bone semaine

Sabrina @Falling Leaf Woodworkers and Primitives said...

lori, both projects look amazing, your color choice is wonderful. I used to do cross stitch with my mom with I was little. I think I should get back into it. and your hooked rug is just beautiful. Can't wait to see the finished piece.
Happy Labor Day

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Both pieces are spectacular :)

kelley said...

Great work Lori...love the colors you chose for the sampler...the simplicity of the rug is perfect...

frontporchprims said...

You are doing a great job. What skill and patients. -Steph-

marijke's crea said...

wauw what a beautiful geometric rug!
kind regards, Marijke