Saturday, August 13, 2011

A LITTLE TEASE AND OTHER STUFF

OK, I'M GOING TO BE MEAN AND JUST SHOW
YOU SOME LITTLE GLIMPSES OF SOME THINGS
I'M WORKING ON FOR MY NEXT UPDATE.




YESTERDAY BRIAN, ZOE AND I WENT TO
APPLETON, WI FOR THE DAY. MY CAR
NEEDED SOMETHING LOOKED AT. SO I GOT
TO GO TO TWO OF MY FAVORITE SHOPS.
FIRST UP WAS A SIMPLER TIME WHERE I
BOUGHT THIS CANDLE HOLDER. I WAS
THINKING IT WOULD GO IN THE LIVING ROOM
BUT THE HOOK IN THE CEILING WASN'T OUT
FAR ENOUGH. THE HOOK IN THE GUEST
BEDROOM WAS SO THAT'S WHERE IT IS.
I LIKE IT THERE THO.

PURCHASED THESE COTTONS AT PRIMITIVE GATHERINGS
QUILT SHOP. I HAVE SOME DOLL DRESSES IN MIND
FOR THE TWO PRINTS.

PICKED UP THE LATEST COPY OF JUDY CONDON'S
SERIES. SO FAR I'VE ONLY HAD TIME TO GLANCE
THRU IT BUT IT LOOKS GOOD.

THOUGHT YOU'D LIKE TO SEE WHERE I PUT
THE DARLING LITTLE HORSE MAT FROM
MY FRIEND JUDY. IT'S ON AN OLD DESK
IN THE GUEST BEDROOM.

I HAVE TO GET THE LAUNDRY CAUGHT UP AND
GET BACK TO MY UPDATE THINGS. I HAVEN'T
HOOKED ON MY RUG SINCE I SHOWED
THE PICTURE ON MY LAST POST. HOPEFULLY
I'LL GET A BIT MORE DONE ON IT THIS WEEK.
IT SEEMS LIKE ONCE YOU ARE HALFWAY
IT GOES A LOT FASTER! THANK YOU SO MUCH
FOR ALL THE NICE COMMENTS ABOUT THE RUG
AND FLOWERS.

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND. 
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

14 comments:

Bobbie said...

OH...you are such a little brat!!! Showing us a little of this and a little of that...and then to top it off....talking about going to one of the best shops I have ever been to IN MY LIFE!! I told my hubby I am going to go back to Wisconsin one day and just shop till my heart's content! I would like to go back to "Country Sampler" again..even though that's a really long way..but it was so worth the trip. Cant wait for your update! I hear another pinkeep calling my name!!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Bobbie, he, he, he!

annie said...

Oh, just makes me want to see more, love the blue esp. Great candle lamp, and the grouping with the horse is terrific!

Robin said...

I love and NEED it all!!! Great little desk! Have a great weekend and my (your) doll is very happy! Have a great weekend.

TheCrankyCrow said...

You know, Lori, you seemed like such a sweet and kind lady when we met...now I see you're bad to the core!! ;o) Liking...ok...LOVING what I see so far...can't wait! Never been to A Simpler Time...good, huh?? Appleton you say? (Wow - that's a haul for car repairs, isn't it?? Lucky I have an on-site mechanic or I could be in financial ruin I think!!) Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

Fun little peaks :o) I really love the desk with the hooked rug. Rug hooking is becoming more and more of an interest to me these days!! ~Kriss~

mdgtjulie said...

Grats on the newest acquisitions, and can't wait to see all of what you are working on. Are the two pumpkins in the same project, or different ones?

HomeSpunPrims said...

The punch needle pumpkins are two different pieces. Lori

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Oh my gosh Lori, I was at A Simpler Time yesterday ~ What a wonderful store!
She was telling me about you and a new book for Christmas you will have out soon!
Sometime when you venture out this way again you'll have to let me know. I'm only 12 miles from Appleton!
Your teases look wonderful and I want to see more!
Enjoy your day!
Prim Blessings
Robin

HomeSpunPrims said...

Hi Robin,
Gee, I missed you by one day! Isn't Jude's shop the BEST?! The new Christmas book is not mine but by my friend Tina Woltman and due out the end of September. You can find the link to her site to preorder one in the upper left of my blog. Just click on the book cover. Thanks for stopping by. Lori

mdgtjulie said...

Thanks for answering my question Lori. I appreciate it.

HomeSpunPrims said...

You are welcome Julie! I'm working on some small fall appliqué quilts for the update. Sneak peeks to come! Lori

mdgtjulie said...

I can't wait!!!

Christine said...

Hi,
I am trying to email Tina Woltman to order her new book, email address is not working. Can you help?

Thank much!!
christine rohloff
carohloff@hotmail.com