Tuesday, August 2, 2011

FLOWERS, GIFTS AND FABRICS

JUST A FEW SHOTS OF VIGNETTE'S
ON OUR BACK DECK.



ABOVE ARE THE SPECIAL GIFTS MY FRIEND
JUDY GAVE ME WHEN SHE CAME TO VISIT LAST
WEEK. SHE HOOKED THE SMALL HORSE
RUG FOR ME. THE HORSE SHAPE WAS INSPIRED BY
AN ANTIQUE RUG. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!
SHE ALSO GAVE ME THE ANTIQUE WICK TRIMMERS
AND FOUR FAT QUARTERS OF YUMMY COTTONS.
THANK YOU SO MUCH JUDY. I SO ENJOYED OUR
DAY TOGETHER AND YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I
APPRECIATE YOUR FRIENDSHIP.

LAST SATURDAY I MET ROBIN OF THE CRANKY CROW
IN WISCONSIN TO DELIVER THE LITTLE WINDSOR CHAIR
TO HER. THANK YOU ROBIN! WHILE OVER THAT WAY
I DROPPED INTO THE QUILT COTTAGE QUILT SHOP
IN HAZELHURST AND BOUGHT THESE WONDERFUL
CHOCOLATE COTTONS. I FEEL A BLUE, BROWN AND TAN
QUILT COMING ON BUT NOT SURE YET WHAT
PATTERN I WILL DO. SOMETHING TRADITIONAL PROBABLY.

SOPHRONIA WAS MAILED TO ROBIN YESTERDAY
SO SHE IS ON HER WAY TO HER FOREVER HOME!

IVE BEEN HOOKING SOME ON A LONG
GEOMETRIC RUG FOR OUR BEDROOM. WHEN I GET
A BIT MORE HOOKED I'LL SHOW YOU. MAYBE THIS
WEEKEND. ALSO BEEN WORKING ON SOME
FUN FALL THINGS FOR MY NEXT UPDATE.
I'M THINKING OF HAVING AN EARLY FALL UPDATE
IN AUGUST AND A FEW MORE THINGS TO OFFER
FOR FALL IN SEPTEMBER IF I CAN GET ENOUGH DONE.

IT'S POURING RAIN HERE TODAY BUT WE NEED IT.
IT'S NOT HOT BUT MUGGY SO I STILL HAVE THE A/C ON.
THINK I'LL GO HOOK ON MY RUG FOR A BIT.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE.
UNTIL NEXT TIME......LORI

12 comments:

Orange Sink said...

LOVE that little horse rug and those brown calico's are wonderful! I think I see a primitive quilt coming up too Lori!
I can't wait to see what Fall goodies you have in store!
You sure can get a lot accomplished and it makes me wonder what is wrong with me! LOL!
Have fun creating!
Cathy G

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
I feel the same as Cathy G. You amaze me with all you get done!! Guess I just seem to go in slow gear! lol
The patio is lovely with the geraniums and other prim touches!
I also LOVE those browns....such rich colors!! I need to see if I can find any like those!!
I am also thinking of doing an update so hopefully you will inspire me to get busy!
Glad Sophronia is on her way and know she will be loved!
Have a happy and productive day, friend!
Hugs~~
Julie

mdgtjulie said...

Wow, Lori, you've got lots of new things then. Grats on the acquisitions. Don't we all love adding to our stash! Can't wait to see your rug when you update again! And the horse rug from Judy is darling. Enjoy all your gifts!

Courtney said...

What a great horse rug! Nice friend! I love the brown fabrics and I can't wait to see it quilted up with blues...it will be beautiful!
Courtney

Joanne said...

I agree with the others - wow you get a lot done! Love your new rug and cottons! Can't wait to see what you do next!

TheCrankyCrow said...

It was so wonderful to meet you in person, Lori - hope there will be another time, and perhaps we can sneak in lunch or something. Your deck is prim perfect - love the wheelbarrow! And those brown fabrics...dreamy....Didn't get to stop at the quilt shop after all - my niece isn't into quilting or prims, so I wore her out at the 13th Colony....Another day, another road trip! Love the little hooked rug!! Holy cats - sweet friends you have!! Happy Tuesday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
Ditto here. You are amazing in the things you get accomplished. What a sweet rug from a great friend.
I am so jealous Robin got my little Windsor...lol!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

primitivebettys said...

Send rain send rain! :)

Your displays are lovely... as always dear friend & your new lil' rug is so adorable!

WoolenSails said...

I always love seeing your decorations, you really have a gift for putting it all together. Mine always looks like a mish mash of things, need to work on that;) Love those browns, nice shades and prints.

Debbie

Karen said...

Love your prim spots on your deck - very welcoming. Your horse rug is just dang cute and what a special friend to make that for you. Always fun to see what your up to and looking forward to seeing snippets of your rug

Karen

Zafran ali said...

I think in the first picture there must be some colors in the dresses of dolls.it seems a bit colorless.
send flowers pakistan

Anjelina said...

Fabric is another great medium for creating floral inspired designs. The range of colors, textures and types of textiles are limitless. Flower themes are always a popular choice for fabric. Thanks for sharing this useful post.

Italy Flowers