Tuesday, July 5, 2011

SOME CHANGES.....

GOOD TUESDAY MORNING! I HOPE YOU ALL HAD
A WONDERFUL 4TH OF JULY.
THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE SOME PICS
OF OUR HALLWAY. WHEN WE GOT THE NEW BED
I HAD TO MOVE SOME SMALL THINGS AROUND TO
GET IT TO LOOK RIGHT. YOU ALL KNOW HOW
THAT WORKS! ONE NEW THING AND IT SEEMS LIKE YOU
HAVE TO SHUFFLE THE WHOLE HOUSE!! LOL

I BROUGHT THE BROWN BENCH INTO THE
BEDROOM THAT I HAD ON THIS BENCH AND
PUT MY FIRKIN'S I HAD IN THE BEDROOM ON
THE BENCH IN THE HALL. I ALSO ADDED SOME
NEW ANTIQUE PAINTED PANTRY BOXES
I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO ACQUIRE.

I GOT THE TINY GREEN BENCH BEFORE CHRISTMAS
FROM MICKY AT PRIMITIVE PURSUITS AND JUST
DIDN'T HAVE THE HEART TO PUT IT AWAY AFTER
THE HOLIDAYS. IT'S SUCH A SWEET SIZE.
I TOOK SOME OF THE LITTLE OLD SHOES OUT
OF THE GUEST BEDROOM CUBBY (OH OH, NOW
I NEED TO COLLECT MORE TO FILL THE CUBBY BACK
UP) AND SET THEM ON AND UNDER THE LITTLE BENCH.
THEN I GOT THIS AWESOME DARKER RED PANTRY
FROM CURRY'S AND ANOTHER GREEN ONE OFF OF
EBAY. I LIKE HOW IT ALL CAME TOGETHER.

SWEET LITTLE BENCH WITH LITTLE SHOES....
LOVE THEM!

HAVE A WONDERFUL REST OF THE WEEK.
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

15 comments:

primitivebettys said...

Looks great as always Lori :)

Janet - underthewillow said...

everything looks wonderful Lori!...it's so much fun when things come together so well isn't it?...love that!

Janet

Green Creek Primitives said...

Hi Lori, Your bench and boxes look so good in front of the quilt. Love the little green bench. I don't know why that is, but you are right, bring in one new item and the whole house has to be redone. Have a great week, Vicky

Susie said...

It all looks great and inviting. I love your quilt; it looks nice and old.

TheCrankyCrow said...

That is GORGEOUS!! You pretty much have most of my favorite things in that hallway: firkins, measures & pantries, old shoes, and benches....oh yeah - and a quilt! Perfect display! Have a great week! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

marijke's crea said...

I love your display of all your nice things and Ooooo your words one thing new and shuffle the whole house... I know so well and then my husband ask me "where is this and that" LOL!
Marijke

earlyamerica 1815 said...

Lori, those new pantries are AWESOME!!! I love them both, especially the green one!! Collecting them is like a fever that will never go away!! :) Tina

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori~
I so loved your post today and could not believe it as I planned to do one about little shoes too!!
The display is lovely, as always, and it all works perfectly together, just like it was always there!! The quilt anchors it all together and the baby shoes complete the look...pure primitive perfection!! Love it!!

Take care and thanks for sharing another inspiring display!!

Blessings~~
Julie

jennifer768 said...

Wonderful display with so many of my favorites ! Your hallway is full of many wonderful treasures!Hugs,Jen

Doniene said...

Absolutely love the star quilt!!! Star blocks are my favorite and the colors in this one are great!!!

Blessings

Raymond Homestead said...

Looks great! Love that quilt! Everything looks cozy and prim!

mdgtjulie said...

I just love that little green bench. It is too cute. Everything looks so prim. Congrats on achieving the look you wanted!!

renee said...

I think it's all wonderful! Love that quilt, it's got lovely colors!
Thanks for sharing.
Renee

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

It all looks wonderful, love those shoes...one of my new collecting passions! Funny how one rooms change does affect the whole house, it can be so fun to rearrange though, makes you feel like you have new goodes! ~Kriss~

marly said...

Wonderful display. Sweet shoes! Everything in the photos is great.