Sunday, July 17, 2011

A LITTLE REVERSE HOOKING

I BROUGHT MY BIG BASKET RUG INTO THE L.R.
AND PLACED IT IN FRONT OF THE COUCH. THOSE
PURPLE BASKETS IN THE CORNERS WERE BUGGING
ME SO I DECIDED TO DO A LITTLE REVERSE HOOKING
ON THEM. FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE NOT
RUG HOOKERS, REVERSE HOOKING IS WHEN YOU
RIP OUT SOME LOOPS AND HOOK IT AGAIN.
IN THE TOP PHOTO YOU CAN SEE I HAVE
THE TOP TWO DONE. I LIKE THE MUSTARD TEXTURED
WOOL MUCH BETTER FOR WHERE I HAVE THE RUG NOW.

ABOVE I'VE GOTTEN ALL FOUR REDONE IN THE
MUSTARD WOOL.

THE MUSTARD PLAID WOOL HAS A SORT OF
VERY MUTED PURPLE IN IT SO IT ENDED
UP THE PERFECT COMPLIMENT TO MY PURPLE
BIRDS WITH MUSTARD WINGS BUT JUST NOT
SO MUCH PURPLE.

HERE IT IS IN FRONT OF THE COUCH. SORRY
THE PICTURE IS SO DARK. IT'S BEEN SO HOT WE
KEEP THE BLINDS DRAWN TO KEEP THE HEAT OUT.
IT'S LIKE LIVING IN A CAVE BUT I'D RATHER BE
COOL! WE ARE HAVING A HEAT WAVE FOR THE NEXT
WEEK LIKE MOST OF YOU.  I GOT UP EARLY THIS
MORNING TO TAKE MISS ZOE FOR OUR WALK
AND NOPE, SHE WAS HAVING NONE OF THAT!!
WE GOT ON THE ROAD AND AFTER SHE DID HER DUTY
SHE JUST WANTED TO GO BACK HOME AND SLEEP
SOME MORE WITH DAD! I TRIED TO COAX HER
AND SHE JUST WOULD NOT BUDGE...FINALLY I PICKED
HER UP AND STARTED WALKING AND SHE WAS ACTUALLY
FALLING ASLEEP IN MY ARMS!!! I'M THINKING
HEY, THIS ISN'T HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO WORK!!
SILLY GIRL. I PUT HER DOWN
AGAIN AND FINALLY AFTER A FEW MINUTES GOT HER MOVING. 
SHE JUST LOVES TO STAY SNUGGLED UNDER THE COVERS
FOR HOURS IN THE MORNING AND I KNEW I WANTED TO
GET THE WALK IN BEFORE THE HEAT COMES. IT WAS
VERY MUGGY OUT BUT NOW IT'S HEATING UP. SUPPOSED
TO BE 90 TODAY WHICH IS HOT FOR HERE. HAVE
90 AND HIGH 80'S ALL WEEK. AND TUESDAY I PICK
UP MY NIECE SKYLAR, MARISSA'S OLDER SIS FOR HER
VISIT. GUESS WE'LL BE DOING INDOOR STUFF. SHE IS
12 SO I'M THINKING MAYBE I'LL SEW UP SOME PUMPKINS
AND SHE CAN HELP ME STUFF THEM.

NO LUCK SELLING THE FURNITURE. FOLKS DON'T WANT
TO PICK THEM UP I GUESS. I'LL TAKE THEM TO THE FALL
SHOW I DO AT MY FRIEND KATHY'S HOUSE IN OCTOBER.
MAYBE SOMEONE WILL WANT THEM. HAVE A GREAT
DAY. UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

16 comments:

Courtney said...

Beautiful rug. I like the swap out of the gold wool. Very nice. It looks great in your room. Great pattern.
Courtney

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
I had no idea the rug was so large until I saw it by the couch. I like the mustard much better!
We are also hot and humid, here in northern Ohio, but I will take it over the cold any day of the week.
If you decide to take a road trip to northern Ohio - teehee - I'll buy that little Winsdor!
Zoe isn't spoiled, is she? If our Loocie is done walking, she plays the "I've fallen and I can't get up and I want a belly rub" game.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Ronda said...

Love the rug...and it is very hot here for the next week too...I'm planning to stay in and get some stitching done..

Have a great day!
~Ronda

marijke's crea said...

What a nice rug you made!
I wish you send some Sun to the Netherlands. It's still raining and it's to cold for this season!
Have a nice day,
Marijke

annie said...

I like the changes in the baskets. The rug is large, it looks great! I can't believe no one bought the pieces. They were wonderful, hope you sell them in the show.

*Stitches* said...

the gold wool looks great...and the rug...well, i just love it!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Love the new color for the baskets on your rug...It's gorgeous!!! I would absolutely never put a hooked rug on our floor....not the way that Siberian sheds and the traffic we have!!! Looks wonderful though in your home. And so very sorry I did not get back to you on the furniture after inquiring. I would love both pieces - and I do think your prices are more than reasonable. I was busily measuring spaces and, unfortunately, the dry sink won't quite work in the one place I thought I could make it work....it's a bit too tall. Love that little chair tho too - I'm still trying to talk a friend into a road trip!!! She wants to go up to Woodruff, which I think is on the way to where you're at, so if we can combine things, maybe it will work....I'll certainly let you know....(You aren't going to the quilt shop in Hazelhurst any time soon, are you???) Stay cool...we have the horrible muggies too....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Orange Sink said...

Lori,
The gold wool is perfect in your rug! I didn't know it was that big either! I'm so glad you posted a picture of it in your room. Wow! What a statement! It is one gorgeous rug!
Try to stay cool with this heat wave we have going.... I just checked our therm. and It was 98 degrees! Yikes!
Little Zoey just wanted to get home to A.C.!
Smart little girl!
Cathy G

Joanne said...

Great change in your rug - perfect touch. Sorry you didn't sell your furniture but I guess it's the picking up thing! You will surely sell it at your show. That Zoe - she knows what she wants! I don't blame her in this heat!

Gayle said...

I agree with everyone else who has posted - the gold baskets look great! And I can't believe how BIG that rug is! It's just wonderful! I always try to tell myself that a big rug is the same size as a bunch of little ones, so I should't feel so overwhelmed to start one - but so far I haven't convinced myself! LOL

Kris Miller said...

Lori~ I love that dry sink! Wow! It's beautiful. The closest I will be to you will be next week-end...we'll be in Charlevoix on Sat and Sun for the Fiber Festival (vending), then we are headed to the Soo for Monday to check on my little house there. Sure wish I lived closer to you.....

mdgtjulie said...

I hope you and Skyler will have a good time. Keep up the good work hooking. I can't believe how big that rug is!! Wow, it's huge. I saw it on the floor and went , whoa! Grats on the finish! Good luck with the furniture. It's really a buyers market as people are having more trouble making ends meet.

primitivebettys said...

I like the mustard baskets better too... you do fabulous work! :) Poor lil' Zoe... I would have wanted to keep sleeping too. I am NOT a morning person at all!

:)

High in the 80s & 90s sound good to me! We have been stuck in the triple digits the past couple of weeks with no end of it predicted any time soon. :( aaaarrgghhhh

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

I definitely like the mustard wool better...but I'm not a purple person at all. You do amazing work, can't believe how large the rug is!! ~Kriss~

ann hermes said...

The replacement color looks great. Funny what a little change will do for a piece.

Karen said...

I didn't know you could reverse hook like that - I like those baskets either way - but the mustard does look good. Been very hot here in MN as well - heat index of 110 yesterday - almost hard to breath outside, so staying in is the right idea. Ms. Cami LOVES to snuggle in under the covers as well.

Karen