Tuesday, June 14, 2011

TO OHIO AND BACK AGAIN.....

ON FRIDAY BRIAN, ZOE AND I HEADED TO OHIO
TO PICK UP A BED I ORDERED FROM CURRY'S ANTIQUES.
IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY GIFT FROM BRIAN.
I HAVE WANTED A PENCIL POST BED FOR YEARS.
ABOVE IS THE MACKINAC BRIDGE WHICH
CONNECTS THE UPPER AND LOWER
PENINSULA'S OF MICHIGAN.

ABOUT TO CROSS THE BRIDGE TO LOWER
MICHIGAN. THE BRIDGE SPANS 5 MILES
ACROSS THE STRAITS OF MACKINAC.

SWEET GINNY CURRY IN HER OLD LOG
ANTIQUE'S SHOP. WHAT A DELIGHTFUL AND SPECIAL
PLACE GINNY AND HER HUSBAND HAVE
CREATED. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND A VISIT.

THE CURRY'S DISMANTLE AND SELL ANTIQUE
 LOG BUILDINGS
AND HAVE SEVERAL ON THEIR PROPERTY.
IT IS ALL SO WONDERFUL! I ONLY WISH
WE HAD TIME TO EXPLORE. WE DIDN'T
STAY LONG AS WE HAD A LONG TRIP BACK
HOME AND NEEDED TO GET GOING.





OUR BED IS LOADED ON OUR TRAILER AND WE ARE
ABOUT TO START FOR HOME.

HERE IT IS IN OUR BEDROOM. I LOVE IT! IT
IS MADE TO LOOK LIKE AN ANTIQUE ROPE BED.
OUR ONLY ISSUE IS IT'S WAY TOO HIGH
FOR LITTLE ZOE GIRL TO JUMP ON AND OFF
SO I AM THINKING ABOUT HAVING SOME BED
STEPS MADE FOR HER. WE ARE WORRIED SHE
WILL HURT HERSELF CUZ SHE HAS TRIED IT
ALREADY AND IT'S A LOOONNNGG WAY DOWN!


THE BIG BASKET RUG DIDN'T LOOK GOOD TO ME
NEXT TO THE BED. PART OF IT WENT UNDER
THE BED AND IT DIDN'T LOOK
RIGHT TO ME SO I AM THINKING ABOUT MAKING
SOME NEW RUGS FOR THE SIDES OF THE BED
AND MAYBE DOING 2 DIFFERENT GEOMETRIC ONES.

THE BED IS SO HIGH I HAD TO ADD THIS
BENCH TO THE TOP OF THE LITTLE
CUPBOARD NEXT TO THE BED TO
BRING THE LAMP UP.
MY DEAR SWEET HUBBY TOLD ME TO ALSO
PICK OUT TWO ANTIQUE PAINTED PANTRY
BOXES WHILE AT THE CURRY'S SO I
PICKED OUT THESE TWO. THE BOTTOM IS
A DARK BLUE AND THE TOP ONE LOOKS BLACK
TO ME. I LOVE THEM! OH THE WONDERFUL ANTIQUE
PIECES GINNY HAD IN HER SHOP! NOT TO MENTION
THE WONDERFUL REPRODUCTION PIECES THEY MAKE
ALONG WITH MANY OTHER ACCESSORIES TO MAKE
A PRIMITIVE HOME PERFECTLY PRIMITIVE!

WE GOT HOME ON SUNDAY AND YESTERDAY I WOKE
UP WITH A SINUS HEADACHE WHICH I STILL HAVE A BIT
OF TODAY. I HOPE IT WILL GO AWAY TODAY CUZ I
HAVE WAY TOO MUCH TO GET DONE THIS WEEK.
 I AM PLANNING ON DOING MY UPDATE NEXT
WEEK AND WILL SHARE MORE INFO ON THAT LATER
THIS WEEK.  SO PLEASE CHECK BACK IN A FEW DAYS
UNTIL NEXT TIME......LORI

28 comments:

kelley said...

The new bed is outstanding! hooking some new rugs is just the thing...

maybe a mini trampoline for Zoe until the new steps are ready ~

Green Creek Primitives said...

Oh my just love your new bed, I like the way it looks like a rope bed. Really nice displays in the room, love the painted boxes. Hope your sinus headache clears up, I had one last week and ended up with a sinus infection, kind of slows you down. Take care, thanks for sharing your trip to that amazing log cabin. Vicky

Bobbie said...

The bed is beautiful, Lori! I have been to the Curry's homestead and it is something. I would love to have one of her little log cabins in my back yard! What a wonderful husband you have to bring you all the way to Ohio!!!! Poor Zoe....I think a bed stair would be perfect for her! Hope your headache goes away!

Joanne said...

Awesome bed! Great husband too! What a wonderful gift and looks great in your house

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

So happy for you that you were able to go to Currys and buy that gorgeous bed.
I was there in October of last year during the Simple Goods show and Curry's open house....WONDERFUL PLACE. You just don't want to leave when you are there.

Your bed and bedroom is beautiful. Great choice and how wonderful of your husband. Isn't it grand when they love what we love and encourage us.

Karen

Connie said...

I love the photos. I've always wished I could have an original log structure in my back yard as my quilting & sewing & crafting studio. It's only a dream but a very nice one. :)

Sabrina @Falling Leaf Woodworkers and Primitives said...

Love your new bed, that is very nice. I am not sure I could go across a 5 mile bridge over the water... Bridges are not my favorite thing..LOL
Sabrina

Janet - underthewillow said...

oh my stars would I ever love to visit Curry's Antiques!!!

your bed is STUNNING girl!!...what a fantastic birthday present!!

I hope your headache goes away quickly...I'm looking forward to your update!

see you then!

Janet

Gayle said...

Wow, wow, WOW! Your new bed looks perfect in your bedroom Lori! You've got that 'special' touch that pulls everything together and makes things blend. I love it!

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

What a beautiful bed! Lucky girl. :) Your room is absolutely adorable. Every little touch is perfect.

TheCrankyCrow said...

GORGEOUS bed, Lori!!! Lucky, lucky lady you are - and what a wonderful hubby you have! That place looks incredible....love the old log structures....And I adore your two new pantries!! They're getting so hard to find! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Woolly Lott Rugs said...

Oh what a great birthday gift. I love your new bed. New rugs will look awesome around it. Yes get Zoe some steps....my mom's dog jumped off their high bed and pulled something in her leg and limped around for years after seeing the vet and needing pain meds until she passed. They really can hurt themselves. Enjoy!!

Cyndi
xxoo

Deb said...

What a fantastic bed. Well worth the long trip to Ohio I would say!! I think that it's one of the best birthday presents that I could think of.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
LOVE your new bed. I've been to the Curry's and it is a wonderful place to visit! What a sweet hubby you have.
Yes. Get some bed steps. Our Loocie uses them at daddy's house and his bed isn't nearly that high, but he didn't want her hurting herself.
Be sure to share your rugs with us as you hook them!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

denise said...

beautiful bed! i love a "high" bed but then again i'm 5'7".

earlene said...

Love that bed and your room!
I was at Currys when she was giving a tour of her home. I wanted to move in! It was amazing!
Have a great evening.
Earlene

bittersweet said...

Your bed looks great. I have been to Curry's many times and always see something new. Bedsteps is a must for Zoe. She has to enjoy your new find too!!!
Kaye

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Absolutely Wonderful Lori!!! What a Great guy you have :) Really tuned into the things you love. So sweet! Those boxes are amazing too. I'm sure you will figure out something great for Zoey to climb up on. They sure do think they are bigger than they are, don't they :)?
Really looking forward to seeing what rugs you create for the sides of the bed!

primitivebettys said...

I hope you are feeling better... but then maybe that is a good excuse to just hang out in your bedroom & enjoy your new BEAUTIFUL bed! :) I love it!

Orange Sink said...

What a great and loving husband you have Lori! The bed and pantry boxes are what makes the heart of any primitive lover go wild!!!
And some steps for Zoey is a must. Our Smokey ruptured a disc in his back from jumping off the bed so Dave built a ramp ( unsightly but necessary)!
What a treat to go to Curry's and I know how you must've felt not having enough time there! I've only drooled over their website photos!
Hope you get to feeling better from that sinus headache. I had one last week..... annoying!
Cathy G

quilting Deb said...

This is the bed I have wanted for years!! Could you share the name of the store/email/website? Thanks so much!!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Deb,
I wanted this bed for years too!
Click on ANTIQUES SHOP under the pic of Ginny in the door of her shop for a direct link to her site. Lori

WoolenSails said...

I love your new bed, it is beautiful and love the finish.
The room looks wonderful, the way you have decorated it.

Debbie

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori~
I have wanted to comment but was having computer issues and now I finally can!! Loved seeing the picture of "THE BRIDGE" and remember the slight sway one feels going over it!!
Your bed is so beautiful and your husband is truly your soul-mate to make the trip, get you the bed, AND the awesome pantry boxes to boot!! Great Job Brian!!
Sweet Zoe will hopefully get her steps soon and by now I hope the sinus trouble is past!
Thanks for sharing and I look forward to your update....as always!!
Hugs~~
Julie

mdgtjulie said...

The bed looks great. I love it! Glad you had a nice day for a drive. It looks gorgeous!!

earlyamerica 1815 said...

WOW lori...the bed look WONDERFUL...well worth the 14 hour drive!!! It was nice seeing these pictures of Curry's shop and grounds...I haven't been there for about a year now, and I miss going there, so this was a nice reminder of how pretty it is!! Enjoy your fabulous new bed!!! Tina

Susie said...

Your bedroom looks so cozy!

primlin56 said...

nice nice nice....i just sent you an email....