Monday, May 23, 2011

A NEW ADDITION...

TO MY LITTLE BLUE DRESS COLLECTION.
I ACQUIRED THIS LITTLE BEAUTY FROM MY GOOD
FRIEND JACKIE SCHMIDT OF T.F.C. FOLKART.
AND IT ARRIVED TODAY. THANKS JACKIE! IT'S IN
PERFECT CONDITION AND I LOVE THE LITTLE
PRINT AND SHADE OF BLUE. JACKIE DIDN'T
HAVE A PLACE FOR IT AND HOPED IT WOULD
GO TO A GOOD HOME AND I AM MOST
HAPPY TO HAVE IT ADDED TO MY LITTLE COLLECTION.

OF COURSE I HAD TO PLAY WITH MY DRESSES
AND GET JUST THE RIGHT LOOK. WITH THE
DIFFERENT SIZES IT TOOK ME A FEW MINUTES
BUT NOW I'M PLEASED WITH THE DISPLAY.
ZOE WAS WATCHING ME FROM THE BED!
THAT'S A LITTLE SCHNEEMAN ANGEL ON THE
FAR LEFT. THE TINY BLACK DOLL ON THE
LAP OF THE LARGE DOLL IN BROWN IS
ONE OF JACKIE'S ORIGINAL DOLLS. LOVE
HER TO PIECES AS WELL.

THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE WALLS IN OUR
HOUSE I THINK. I LIKE ALL THE GOODIES
DISPLAYED HERE.

I RECENTLY SET OUT THIS LITTLE PILE
OF ANTIQUE FABRICS WITH BLUES IN THEM.
I'VE HAD  MOST OF THEM FOR YEARS BUT BOUGHT
A FEW MORE RECENTLY.

I JUST WANT TO MENTION OUR HEARTS AND PRAYERS
 GO OUT TO THOSE THAT HAVE SUSTAINED DAMAGE AND LOSS
IN THE RECENT TORNADO'S MOST ESPECIALLY IN JOPLIN, MO
BUT CERTAINLY IN ALL THE STATES AFFECTED.

UNTIL NEXT TIME......LORI

10 comments:

Penny said...

Love the new little blue dress you acquired from Jackie. I never seem to be able to find any -- and when I do, they've already sold!! Your walls look wonderful -- love it all. Your cross-stitch pieces are the best......
As with you, my prayers go to those in Joplin, MO, and the other states affected by the terrible weather. Very sad situation.....

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh - Lucky, lucky, you, Lori - to have a friend who "shares" like that! That little dress is just so SWEET!! And your display is PERFECT! I can see why that is one of your favorite walls....you have so many great prims! Smiles & Hugs, Robin

ann hermes said...

I almost bought that blue dress--bought the white one instead.

Bobbie said...

How sweet..I always look for those little blue dresses, but never see one. It looks perfect on your peg rack with the others!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori!
I absolutely LOVE your new display and the new doll dress!! Guess you and I are both in the "doll mode"!! Who said dolls were just for little girls!!
Thanks too for the reminder to keep all those folks in our prayers!
Special Blessings and Hugs~~
Julie

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful blue dress. I have a pattern book and one of these days I want to try some little dresses to hang on the pegs.

Debbie

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

What a beautiful dress you got, goes perfect with your collection.
Your collection of dolls caught my eye too!
Thanks for sharing.
Prim Blessings
Robin

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

This looks great, just love blues & browns!! I love the stack of fabric with those socks...may have to borrow that display idea :o) ~Kriss~

Jennifer @ Stitchin' Thyme said...

Can I have this entire room? I know I can't but it was worth an asking!!

mdgtjulie said...

I love your little blue dress wall. They are soooo cute!! I've been saying prayers too.