Wednesday, May 11, 2011

MAKING DO

I WAS THRILLED TO RECEIVE THIS
WONDERFUL MAKE~DO CHAIR FROM
PAT AT OLDE BITTERSWEET FARM TODAY.
SHE WAS SWEET ENOUGH TO DO IT FOR ME.
SHE USES ANTIQUE LADDERBACK CHAIRS.
I JUST LOVE IT. IT'S COVERED IN LINEN.
THE COLOR IS CALLED ELEPHANT. IF
YOU WOULD LIKE TO TRY ONE YOURSELF
PAT HAS KINDLY GIVEN STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
ON HER PICTURETRAIL ON HOW SHE DOES IT.

IT FITS IN OUR GUEST BEDROOM LIKE IT WAS
 MEANT TO BE THERE.

AT FIRST I WAS THINKING I WOULD PUT IT IN
OUR BEDROOM BUT I REARRANGED OUR BEDROOM
AND PUT THE COMB BACK WINDSOR CHAIR IN
THERE INSTEAD. I THINK IT WAS JUST MEANT
FOR THE BROWN/BLUE BEDROOM AS I
HAVE SEVERAL OLD WOOD PIECES IN THERE
WITH GREY PAINT. THE SAMPLER PILLOW
KATHY MADE ME AND THE ANTIQUE DOLL QUILT
I FOUND LAST SUMMER ARE RESTING ON THE CHAIR.

HERE'S WHAT I DID IN OUR BEDROOM. I SWITCHED OUT
THE BED AND RED CUPBOARD FIRST AND THEN
SOME OF THE SMALLER THINGS. 

I WILL SHOW MORE IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS.
I'M HOPING TO GET A NEW BED SOON AND
I WANT TO TRY TO GET SOME MORE SMALLER
SAMPLERS DONE FOR IN HERE.

HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT WEDNESDAY!
I SURE AM....FIRST MY CHAIR CAME AND THEN
JUDY FROM A SIMPLER TIME SHOP CALLED
TO TELL ME I WON A $50. GIFT CERTIFICATE FOR
THE SHOP FROM HER ANNIVERSARY DRAWING THIS
PAST WEEKEND!! YAY!!! THANKS SO MUCH JUDY!!
I AM NOT USUALLY LUCKY ENOUGH TO WIN
DRAWINGS SO I WAS SHOCKED BY THIS NEWS
BUT VERY HAPPILY SO. UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

12 comments:

Green Creek Primitives said...

Love your makedo chair, had seen one not long ago on a trip, thinking how neat it was. Love your quilts in your room. Vicky

Janet - underthewillow said...

YAY!!...I'm so glad you got one Lori!...Pat is just sweet as pie and does such beautiful work!

Janet

Early America, The 1815 Shoppe said...

Your chair is FABULOUS Lori!!! Love the way it looks in the brown and blue room also!! Tina

Orange Sink said...

The chair is perfection Lori! Congrats on the win too!
It certainly gives us a lift to win something now and then!
I love to see pics of your home! It is so inspiring and makes me want to change things around here right now! Much needed after a few years of everything the same!
Cathy G

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Abundance is all around you ~ embrace it!! Love the chair!!

Jennifer @ Stitchin' Thyme said...

Your room is lovely!! And congrats on the winning!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
Congrats on the gift certificate win!
The chair is perfect for your blue/brown bedroom.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Calico Rabbit said...

Hey Lori,
LOVE the chair and thank you so much for directing me to Pats tutorial!

I am SO going to make one of these!

Love your home, it looks great!

Hugs,
Kerri

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Wonderful chair and it looks perfect in the room. Congratulations on the win!!!

mdgtjulie said...

It sounds like things are going very well for you. Grats on a nice win. Do you have anything in mind for your gc?

HomeSpunPrims said...

Julie,
I'm not sure what I'll use the GC on. I may not go back for a couple of months as it's about 3-1/2 hours from me so you never know what new goodies Jude will have in by then.

If you left me a comment on this post and it's not there I am sorry. I did not delete them. They just disappeared! Lori

mdgtjulie said...

It was a slight hiccup in Blogger Lori. Seems to be all fixed now though.