Sunday, May 8, 2011

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY & SOME FINISHES

WISHING EVERYONE A WONDERFUL
MOTHER'S DAY. FUR BABIES COUNT TOO!
OUR SON SENT ME A LOVELY CARD THIS WEEK
AND CALLED THIS MORNING. AND ZOE GAVE ME
A CUTE CARD THIS MORNING TOO!
ABOVE IS MY SCHOOLHOUSE QUILT FINISHED
AND HANGING. I HUNG ONE BEHIND IT THAT
I HAD ON THE FOOT OF THE BED, ALSO A PATTERN
BY MY FRIEND CAROLE COLLINS.

I PIECED THIS DOLL SIZE STEPPING STONES
QUILT A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO. IT
WILL ALSO GO IN OUR BEDROOM WHEN
I HAVE TIME TO HAND QUILT IT.

HERE IS MY MOSS SAMPLER FRAMED
AND HANGING IN OUR BEDROOM. I
AM PLEASED WITH HOW IT TURNED OUT
AND EVER SO THANKFUL FOR MY FRIEND
BILL AND HOW HE CAN WHIP UP A PINE FRAME
FOR ME AT A MOMENTS NOTICE!

BRIAN, ZOE AND I WENT ON AN OVERNIGHT TRIP
TO APPLETON, WI AREA FRIDAY AND SATURDAY.
I GOT THIS WOVEN THROW BY HEIRLOOM WEAVERS
AT A SIMPLER TIME PRIMITIVES SHOP. JUDY WAS
HAVING AN ANNIVERSARY SALE THIS WEEKEND
FOR TEN YEARS OF BUSINESS. I'M NOT FOR
SURE IF THIS IS WHERE IT WILL STAY BUT
FOR NOW IT'S AT THE FOOT OF OUR BED.

ALSO WENT TO PRIMITIVE GATHERING'S QUILT
SHOP AND PICKED UP A FEW VARIOUS FABRICS
FOR DIFFERENT PROJECTS. THE ONE ON THE FAR
LEFT IS PRAIRIE CLOTH. CENTER ARE HOMESPUNS
AND ON THE RIGHT A FEW COTTON PRINTS.

I AM THINKING ABOUT TRYING TO MOVE SOME THINGS
AROUND IN OUR BEDROOM SO I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW
IT GOES. JUST FEEL LIKE A FEW LITTLE CHANGES.

I HAVE SOME HOOKED RUGS DRAWN OUT SO
WILL BE WORKING ON THOSE THIS WEEK. ONE
IS FOR PAM AND TWO ARE FOR MY NEXT
BASKETS ~n~ BIRDS UPDATE.

UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

13 comments:

primitivebettys said...

Happy Mother's Day to you Lori. :) You finishes are always goodies & I am so glad you share them with us to see. :)

Janet - underthewillow said...

Happy Mother's Day Lori!...love your goodies and can't wait to see your update!...have a joyous day!

Janet

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wow, Lori - you are one productive soul! I wouldn't get all that done in a year! But thanks for the inspiration - it makes me WANT to!! That Moss sampler is gorgeous! (AND HUGE!) Love everything! Have a wonderful mother's day! Smiles & Hugs, Robin

moosecraft said...

Happy Mother's Day Lori! That Zoe is a thoughtful little pup! ;-) All the finishes are fantastic... especially the Moss sampler. Brian is a keeper too! He took you to many nice quilty, stitchy places and let you shop! :-)

ann hermes said...

Happy md to you too, Lori! I love heirloom weavers. They are a couple hours drive from here and we visited their factory and showroom on vacation a couple years ago. I went a little crazy with my purchases, everything was so nice.

Courtney said...

Beautiful quilts and I love the woven throw! I just got one for the dining room table.
Happy Mother's Day!
Courtney

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful new pieces, always so prim and perfect choice of fabrics. Happy Mother's Day!

Debbie

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

Happy Mother's Day! Love the quilts especially the doll size one. Great job on the sampler too. What wonderful fabrics, they'll be so fun to work with!! Blessings ~Kriss~

Rugs and Pugs said...

Happy Mother's Day, Lori!
I am always in awe at how much you accomplish. AND...you do such beautiful work.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Jennifer @ Stitchin' Thyme said...

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! I love your new fabrics and all of your new finishes!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Your creations are wonderful!
The shops you visited are two of my favorites that I like to go to when I have time.
I'm hoping to go to Primitive Gatherings this week.
Hope you enjoyed your Mothers Day!
Prim Blessings
Robin

mdgtjulie said...

Wow, it looks like you got a lot done. Shopping and quilting and everything. Glad your chicks checked in with you for Mom's day.

Karen said...

Love the Schoolhouse quilt!