Saturday, April 9, 2011

ZILPHA C. MOSS PROGRESS

 I'VE BEEN STITCHING SOME ON MY MOSS SAMPLER BUT WAS SLOWED DOWN WHEN I DECIDED TO CHANGE OUT ONE AREA THAT HAD SEVERAL DIFFERENT CROWNS TO DIFFERENT BIRDS.
 I USED A BOOK WITH ANIMAL MOTIFS FROM ANTIQUE SAMPLERS FOR MY BIRD DESIGNS. IT'S CALLED ANIMALS FROM EARLY SAMPLERS BY MARSHA VAN VALIN AND CAN BE PURCHASED ON MARSHA'S WEBSITE. CLICK ON HER NAME AND YOU'LL GET THE BOOK TO COME UP.
 HERE'S A CLOSE UP OF THE BIRDS I USED. I WAS GOING TO JUST USE THE ONE COLOR ON THE WHOLE SAMPLER BUT I USED DMC 611 ON THE LARGE BIRDS WINGS. I'LL USE IT AGAIN, A LITTLE HERE AND A LITTLE THERE ON THE REST OF THE PATTERN.

COULDN'T RESIST A COUPLE RECENT PICS OF ZOE AND BRIAN. SHE DOES LOVE HER DADDY!

I'M STILL WORKING ON THE SCHOOLHOUSE QUILT. I HAVE HALF THE BLOCKS QUILTED. I'M OVER HALF DONE ON THE MOSS SAMPLER. AND I HAVE
LOTS OF OTHER THINGS GOING AROUND IN MY HEAD TO GET TO!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND. UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

6 comments:

moosecraft said...

Wuvs that Zoe!!! The sampler is looking mahvelous! I do like that simple touch of color... looking forward to seeing more!

Pat said...

I did Zilpha last year. Those crowns were boring. Love what you did instead.
pat

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

I love that sweet doggie looking so lovingly at her master ~ puppy love for sure!!!

primitivebettys said...

You are so super talented & Zoe is so super cute!

Ronda said...

Love this sampler, great job on changing it up. Thank you for the links today, I visited The Scarlet Letter and Primitive Things...loved them both. Have a great evening..

~Ronda

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
Your sampler looks wonderful. I wish I had more time to cross stitch...sigh. I hadn't done any in over 20 years and forgot how much I enjoy it.
Love the pics of Zoe and her daddy! Very sweet.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren