Thursday, April 21, 2011

MY REDWARE

I'VE LONG LOVED REDWARE. I DON'T OWN ANY
ANTIQUE PIECES BUT I HAVE SOME VERY NICELY
DONE REPRODUCTIONS MOSTLY BY
TURTLECREEK POTTERS.



THIS IS AN EDYTH O'NEILL RUG PATTERN.
I JUST LOVE IT AND THE COLORS GO SO WELL
WITH THE REDWARE.

I'VE FINISHED STITCHING MY ZILPHA C. MOSS
SAMPLER. IT'S BEEN AGED AND I GOT IT
ON THE FOAM CORE BOARD YESTERDAY. I
ORDERED A LONG PINE FRAME FROM MY FRIEND
BILL SO WHEN THAT'S READY I CAN PAINT THE FRAME
AND PUT IT TOGETHER. I DECIDED TO WAIT UNTIL
IT'S FRAMED TO SHOW YOU THE END RESULTS. I AM
PLEASED WITH HOW THE AGING LOOKS ON IT.

NOW I AM TRYING TO FINISH THE QUILTING ON MY
SCHOOLHOUSE QUILT. I AM DOING THE BORDERS
NOW BUT IT WILL TAKE ME A FEW DAYS AND THEN
I WILL HAVE TO BIND IT. 

OUR SPRING TURNED TO WINTER AGAIN. WE'VE
HAD SOME VERY COLD NIGHTS WITH FROST AND
SEVERAL INCHES OF SNOW ON THE WEEKEND.
MOST OF THAT IS GONE AGAIN BUT WE DID HAVE
LIGHT SNOW FLURRIES IN THE AIR YESTERDAY.
I'VE BEEN PUTTING BIRDSEED OUT FOR THE POOR
BIRDS. WISHING YOU ALL A LOVELY DAY.
UNTIL NEXT TIME......LORI

15 comments:

Penny said...

Love the redware -- and the rug does look perfect with it!
As always, beautiful work! Am anxious to see the sampler when it is completed. You always create such beautiful things....
Happy Easter!

At Home With Amy said...

I too am a lover of redware but I have to admit I don't own a single piece. I love your hooked rug! Such hard work that must go into making these. A true talent for sure!
Have a blessed day Lori,
AMY

Green Creek Primitives said...

Your redware is very nice, something I don't have yet. I also love the jugs you have on top of your cupboard, very nice. Vicky

Janet - underthewillow said...

Gorgeous collection of Redware Lori!...and that rug is stunning!

Janet

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
You have a great collection of redware. I have a few pieces from Turtlecreek. Seeing all your pieces makes me want more...lol!
The rug is a perfect complement to your pieces.
Happy Easter.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

kelley said...

I'm with Lauren...have some redware but now want more! Ah, the large oval and charger...

Looking forward to seeing your sampler in the frame...

Suzanne said...

I knew you would finish Zilpha Moss before me! I have one letter stitched in so far. LOL! I can't wait to see yours all done.

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Such a wonderful redware display and your absolutely right that rug is just perfect with it!
Hope your spring days return soon.

Woolly Lott Rugs said...

Oh wow....redware is one of my favortie things. I have some but no antiques....yours is just beautiful. Love the little rug too...just perfect with your redware!

hugs
cyndi

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Great redware collection! I love Turtle Creek pottery ~ very nice!

Courtney said...

That little rug is perfect with your redware collection. The whole set up is beautiful! I love the blue stuff myself, but really, I like all the old pottery!
Courtney

Joanne said...

Love your collection - new or old it's all cool - i would love to own more myself - maybe someday! Love how it's displayed

marijke's crea said...

I love your display of redware some time ago I found litte pieces of pots in the soil of my garden.
Also I have one kind of square redware in an old fashioned "stoof" a wooden box there did the people, in the old days, warm their feet on and in the pot they did warm cole. I hope you understand it LOL.
kind regards, Marijke

ohiofarmgirl said...

Love your Redware. I have just started collecting but you have some wonderful pieces. Dianntha

Karen said...

I love your redware pieces Lori. I have 1 piece that was sent by 2 very special friends and treasure it. Your rug is also wonderful and is perfect with your redware.

Happy Easter
Karen