Wednesday, April 13, 2011

MID WEEK FUN


TODAY I WILL BE GOING TO MY FRIEND KATHY'S
HOUSE FOR A LITTLE DAY OF FUN. TWO OTHER FRIENDS
WILL COME ALSO SO THERE WILL BE FOUR OF US.
WE BRING OUR OWN LUNCH TO KEEP IT
SIMPLE AND BRING SOMETHING TO WORK ON
WHILE WE VISIT. I'LL BE BRINGING MY MOSS BAND
SAMPLER. I'VE MADE SOME HEADWAY SINCE I SHOWED
YOU MY PROGRESS THE OTHER DAY.

ABOVE IS A SAMPLER I MADE A FEW YEARS AGO.
IT'S STITCHED ON EVEN WEAVE. I USED A PATTERN
BY FINE FANCYWORK FOR THE HOUSES AND WHAT IS
BETWEEN THEM AND THEN DID MY OWN THING FOR THE
REST. THE VERSE IS FROM AN OLD HYMN. I BOUGHT
THE FRAME FROM GOODWILL, PAINTED AND AGED IT.
THE CRADLE AND FIRKIN ARE OLD.


THIS DOUBLE NINE PATCH QUILT IS A FAVORITE
 AND IS A PATTERN BY JO MORTON. THE LITTLE DRESS
HANGING ON THE CUPBOARD IS AND OLD ONE.
IT LOOKS PINK BUT IT'S MORE A CRANBERRY RED.

WELL, I BETTER TAKE MY ZOE GIRL FOR A LITTLE WALK
BEFORE I GO. WISHING EVERYONE A WONDERFUL DAY.
I HOPE YOU CAN FIND A FEW MINUTES TO DO
SOMETHING THAT MAKES YOUR HEART SING.

UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

7 comments:

Bobbie said...

Oh how fun, Lori!! Can I come too?? I'll be up there in about 10 hours..LOL!! How nice that you have a kindred spirit to spend a day with...have fun!! Love the sampler..I am stitching that one too..the only difference is I started mine last August! You know me...a slow stitcher!

rachel said...

Sounds like a great day ahead! Enjoy!

primitivebettys said...

It does sound like a fun day!

Your treasures are just that... treasures!!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
Sending along special wishes for a very happy and creative day! I am always so inspired when I come for a visit and see your lovely creations! That alone started my heart "singing" today!!
Thanks too for always leaving such sweet encouraging comments on my blog.....SO appreciated!!
Hugs~
Julie

Orange Sink said...

Yes, what a great inspiring day you have planned! Time with friends who enjoy stitching and creating!
I always get a jolt of inspiration when I see your quilts and treasures displayed in your home! Thanks Lori and should you girls ever decide to take a little travel day to our area we could plan an antique outing!
Hugs!
Cathy G

WoolenSails said...

I always love seeing photos of your home. I am still waiting for my husband to build me my bucket bench;)

Debbie

Wendy said...

It's always fun to have a get together with friends. Your nine patch would be perfect, I have lots ready to go. I did something sorta similar a week ago but still looking for ideas.