Saturday, April 16, 2011

DOUBLE PINKS & MOSS SAMPLER PROGRESS

I WAS THINKING ABOUT DOUBLE PINKS AND
GOT OUT AN ANTIQUE BONNET AND A DOLL QUILT I
MADE SOME YEARS AGO TO SHOW YOU.
THE QUILT IS MADE FROM ANTIQUE FABRICS
EXCEPT FOR THE DOUBLE PINK WHICH IS A REPRO.

A CLOSE UP OF THE SWEET LITTLE BONNET

THIS QUILT DESIGN IS MONKEY WRENCH. A
NICE TRADITIONAL PATTERN THAT IS EASY TO DO.
JUST HALF SQUARE TRIANGLES AND SQUARES.
I DON'T HAVE THESE COLORS OUT ANYMORE
BUT I STILL LIKE THE COMBINATION OF
THE DOUBLE PINKS, BLACK, SHIRTING'S
 AND INDIGO'S TOGETHER.

I'VE BEEN STITCHING AND MY MOSS SAMPLER IS
NEARING COMPLETION. YAY! THE OTHER
DAY AT KATHY'S WE EACH ENDED UP
BRINGING A SAMPLER TO STITCH. KATHY
WAS DOING ONE FROM BLACKBIRD DESIGNS,
GAIL AND MAREE WERE DOING TWO DIFFERENT
ONES FROM COUNTRY RUSTIC PRIMITIVES AND I
MY MOSS. IT WAS FUN TO SEE WHAT EVERYONE
WAS WORKING ON.

TODAY WE ARE GETTING A LITTLE MORE SNOW.
THE POOR ROBINS ARE WISHING THEY
HAD WAITED A BIT LONGER!

WISHING YOU A WONDERFUL WEEKEND.
UNTIL NEXT TIME......LORI

7 comments:

primitivebettys said...

Pink was my fav color when I was a little girl. Still makes me smile. Lovely quilt & bonnet. :-)

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

What beautiful creations you have.
Loving the pinks!
Can't wait to see your finished sampler.
Prim Blessings
Robin

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

Love the double pinks, old and new. Looking forward to your finished sampler...your work is always lovely. Thanks for sharing. :)
Rhonda

Diane said...

Always love the pics you show. You continue to amaze me at all you get done! You're obviously better at time-management than I am!--Diane Dodd

WoolenSails said...

I was a tomboy, so pink was not my thing, lol.

But I love the pink in your little quilt, nice pieces to display for the spring.

Debbie

The Humble Stitcher said...

I love your quilt and especially that double pink bonnet...yummy!!! Can't wait to see you finished sampler :)

Karen said...

Your double pink little quilt looks antique. Well done.