Saturday, March 5, 2011

SCHOOLHOUSE QUILT TOP


I WORKED ON MY QUILT AS MUCH AS
I COULD THIS WEEK AND FINISHED UP
THE HOUSE BLOCKS YESTERDAY MORNING. THEN
I WAS ABLE TO SEW THEM TOGETHER WITH
THE SASHING IN BETWEEN AND I DID THE
TWO BORDERS LAST NIGHT. I PROBABLY
WON'T GET IT BASTED FOR HAND QUILTING
FOR ANOTHER WEEK OR TWO. I WANT TO
GET SOME BIRTHDAY GIFTS DONE IN THE NEXT
COUPLE OF WEEKS. I ENJOYED PUTTING THE TOP
TOGETHER. I PLAN TO QUILT IT WITH DIAGONAL LINES.


THE REDS ALWAYS LOOK PINK IN MY PHOTOS
BUT THEY ARE RED! THIS BLOCK HAS
A LOT OF PIECES BUT IT GOES TOGETHER
BEAUTIFULLY. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN
THE PATTERN THERE IS A LINK IN MY PREVIOUS
POST. CAROLE HAS MANY NEAT PATTERNS TO CHOOSE
FROM. SHE HAS SEVERAL SMALL QUILT PATTERNS THAT
I ALSO LOVE. NOW I HOPE TO FINISH UP MY SAMPLER
IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. HAVE A WONDERFUL
WEEKEND. UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

8 comments:

Lucy said...

what a nice quilt!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
Your talents simply amaze me! Beautiful little quilt.
Hugs :)
Lauren

renee said...

It's wonderful! I like it.
Thanks for sharing.
Have a nice weekend.
Renee

primitivebettys said...

So PRIM COOL! :)

Orange Sink said...

Fabulous! Love it on the red cupboard! Have a good weekend creating!
Cathy G

my3Kitties said...

Great looking quilt - love the colors! Can't wait to see it finished!~

Bobbie said...

Love the quilt, Lori...The colors are perfect for you home!

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

I always love to see what you're working on Lori...you have a great eye for color & design! The quilt is lovely...the schoolhouse pattern is one of my favorites.
Rhonda