Thursday, March 31, 2011

BIRTHDAY GIFTS & SAMPLERS IN PROGRESS

 WISHING MY BEST BUDDY KATHY A MOST WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY TODAY! WE GOT TOGETHER ON TUESDAY FOR LUNCH AND I GAVE HER THE GIFTS I MADE SO I CAN SHOW YOU NOW. THE ABOVE IS A MAGGIE B DESIGN I DID IN PN. I DREW AN OVAL AROUND IT FREEHAND SO IT'S NOT PERFECT AND THEN I DREW A LINE TO SEPARATE SO I COULD DO TWO DIFFERENT BACKGROUND COLORS. I ALSO OVER DYED THE DMC FLOSS I USED WITH TAN RIT DYE AND WALNUT INK CRYSTALS.

 YOU CAN MOSTLY SEE THE DYED FLOSS ON THE BOTTOM LIGHT BACKGROUND.  
 I ALSO GAVE HER THIS PINKEEP CALLED SARAH TOBIAS BY BLACKBIRD DESIGNS.
 THIS IS AS FAR AS I GOT ON MY HOUSE SAMPLER AND THEN I HAD TO SET IT ASIDE TO WORK ON MY UPDATE THINGS.
 THIS IS A LONG BAND SAMPLER I JUST STARTED FOR OUR BEDROOM CALLED ZILPHA C. MOSS BY PRIMITIVE THINGS. INSTEAD OF USING ALL THE COLORS CALLED FOR I'M USING JUST ONE COLOR DMC 829.
 THIS IS ANOTHER SAMPLER I STARTED A FEW MONTHS AGO INSPIRED BY AN ANTIQUE SAMPLER.  I WANTED JUST THE RIGHT BLUE SO I OVER DYED THE FLOSS.
 I STARTED WITH DMC 518 AND GOT THIS GREAT BLUE/GREEN COLOR.
I WONDERED WHY I LOVE THE COLOR SO MUCH AND THEN I REALIZED IT EXACTLY
MATCHED THE BLUE CUPBOARD IN THE DINING ROOM SO I'M CALLING THIS COLOR OLD CUPBOARD BLUE! I SHOULD SAY TOO THAT I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MUCH TAN RIT DYE OR WALNUT INK CRYSTALS TO USE BECAUSE I DIDN'T MEASURE ANYTHING.


I'D LIKE TO THANK ALL WHO VISITED ME YESTERDAY ON MY PT UPDATE. I SO APPRECIATE EACH ONE OF YOU AND I THANK YOU MOST KINDLY FOR BUYING MY HAND~MADES. HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY. UNTIL NEXT TIME...LORI

11 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Love your Maggie B punchneedle ~ I'm sure your lucky friend did, too!

Kathy (woolfind) said...

I'm sure your friend Kathy is going to just love her gifts! (and I won't even go there lol) this is HER day!!!!
Love all your samplers. You do such beautiful work :)

Falling Leaf Woodworkers and Primitives said...

wow, what a great birthday suprise...love them all
Sabrina

Penny said...

Love that Maggie B punchneedle -- the colors are wonderful and the pattern is so pretty! But you know that I love everything you do -- your talent is mind-boggling!
I rec'd the hooked rug from you yesterday -- it is marvelous!! Thank you -- thank you!! LOVE it!
Have a happy day!

primitivebettys said...

Oh gosh! Lori, I'm drooling on my keyboard! Everything is just LOVELY!

You have a lot of samplers in the works. Each is totally awesome!

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful pieces and I am sure Kathy loved them.

Debbie

Bobbie said...

I love the Maggie B. NP....beautiful! The overdyed floss is such a great color, Lori!! So much talent!

Courtney said...

Everything is just beautiful. Your friend is a lucky lady! I really like the old cupboard blue!!
Courtney

my3Kitties said...

You are a very talented lady! love all your stitching!!

Joanne said...

Everything is wonderful - Lucky friend you have there - I'm sure she was knocked over!

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Your Maggie B. punchneedle is absolutely gorgeous. I love the dark/light combo. Your friend must be ecstatic.