Sunday, March 13, 2011

BIG BLACK THING

DO YOU SEE IT? THAT BIG BLACK THING IN THE KITCHEN?
YEP, WE GOT A NEW REFRIGERATOR DELIVERED
ON WEDNESDAY THIS PAST WEEK IN THE MIDST
OF A SNOWSTORM TO BOOT! I'M GETTING USED
TO IT BUT IT DOES SEEM TO SHOW UP A LOT
MORE THAN OUR OLD ONE. IT'S A LITTLE BIT
BIGGER TOO. OUR OLD ALMOND COLOR ONE WAS
27 YEARS OLD AND STARTING TO GO.
I HAD THOUGHT FOR SOME TIME WHEN
WE GET A NEW ONE I WANTED BLACK. I HAVE
A LOT OF BLACK PAINTED THINGS IN OUR
HOME SO TO ME IT WAS THE PERFECT CHOICE.
HUBBY HOWEVER WAS NONE TOO SURE!
AT ONE STORE THE SALESMAN SAID STAINLESS
WAS THE TOP SELLER AND THEN BLACK SO I
THINK THAT HELPED TO SELL HIM ON THE IDEA.
HE KNEW IT WASN'T JUST MY TASTE!! he he
LITTLE MISS ZOE HAS NOT BEEN USED TO THE
NOISE AN ICE MAKER MAKES BECAUSE OUR OLD
ONE HASN'T WORKED SINCE WE GOT HER THREE YEARS
AGO. WHEN IT FIRST STARTED MAKING ICE SHE GROWLED
A FEW TIMES. THEN IT WAS WHIPPING HER HEAD
AROUND WHEN SHE HEARD THEM GO PLUNK.
NOW I THINK SHE IS GETTING USED TO IT.

THOUGHT I'D SHARE SOME OF MY FAVORITE THINGS
I'VE COLLECTED IN OUR KITCHEN.





WE GOT MORE SNOW YESTERDAY BUT IT'S
SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE 40'S FOR SEVERAL DAYS
THIS NEXT WEEK SO WE SHOULD LOSE A LOT
OF IT. IN SPITE OF THE WINTER WEATHER I'VE
BEEN SPRING CLEANING SO I CAN ENJOY
THE NICE WEATHER WHEN IT COMES. I GOT
A GOOD JUMP START BACK IN JANUARY WHEN THE
NEW CARPETING WENT IN AND WASHED SOME
WALLS DOWN WHILE THE ROOMS WERE
EMPTY. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE
A WONDERFUL DAY. TIME TO TAKE ZOE
FOR OUR WALK. SHE LOVES IT SO AND IT'S
GOOD FOR ME TOO! UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI




16 comments:

rachel said...

I really like all your kitchen "goodies" they look great! Your fridge looks good too -hopefully you'll get used to it soon & won't notice it so much!
Have a great day!

dee begg said...

Love your prim displays. Too funny about Zoe and the ice maker! How fun a new frig!

D

moosecraft said...

Looks good Lori! Too funny about Zoe growling at the ice machine! :-)

Cindy Lu said...

Simply love your blog. Everything looks great
Cindy

Courtney said...

It always takes a while to adjust to a new color! I remember getting our living room couch and we went for a much lighter couch than my old one. It took weeks for me to like it! I love all of your collections. It's fun to see all the older tools that people used.
Hope you get spring weather soon!
Courtney

kelley said...

I can just picture little miss Zoe growling at the big new "bear" in her kitchen when it's making noise...

Love the black fridge...it goes great with your home...

Beckyjean said...

Lori~

Love your prim kitchen displays!!

Enjoy your day~Becky

Penny said...

Love your kitchen displays -- so wonderful! And your new fridge seems to fit in nicely!
Aren't little dogs too funny?? ---- thinking they are protecting us from everything! We have a shih-tzu and a bigger shelter dog -- the little one is a better watchdog!
Have a great day!

Mindy/Raymond Homestead said...

I like your black fridge, I think it looks nice! You have a lot of nice collections! Zoe's a cutie!

Calico Rabbit said...

Congrats on the new fridge!
Ya know, when we moved into our new house, my fridge (also black) seemed out of place because you could see the side of it. In my old house the fridge was "built in" you could only see the front. It took some getting used to.

I bought one of those magnetic curtain rods from walmart (had to paint it black tho, it only came in white) Now I make quilts to fit in that spot and hang them or other prim textiles or hanging items on the blank side. Really gives a nice place to add some prim color/design, give it a try!

Also, LOVE your home. It is so cozy and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that hooked rug on your table. Did you make it? I may have to ask permission to copy the design and try one myself!

Hugs,
Kerri

Woolly Lott Rugs said...

I love the black fridge. Love your kitchen goodies too. Everything looks wonderful. Enjoy!!

Cyndi

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
LOVE all your kitchen goodies and you display them so well!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

primitivebettys said...

You have the coolest stuff! How lucky to get a new fridge - with an ice maker even!!! One of these days I hope we can get one too. I'm really tired of finding empty ice trays in the freeze... and know it is usually me that steals a cube or two without filling them right away. No one to get mad at but myself! :)

Vicki said...

Love your photos! Too cute about
your dog also...Aren't they funny?

marly said...

Just found your blog - really enjoyed the read and photos. Your 1876 design rug is SO nice, and your kitchen's collection of goodies is wonderful.

ctlogcabin said...

Lori ... Love the pics of all your goodies. Congrat's on the fridge !! We recently had to repalce our 27 yr old almond model .. I wanted black but hubby was set on the stainless so thats what we got. Love the inside and the ice maker not so much the modern outside ... guess they dont make a style for us old timey gals. :-)
Hugs ~~ Connie xox