Monday, February 28, 2011

PANTRY BOX AND SOME WORKS IN PROGRESS


WE TOOK A LITTLE TWO NIGHT TRIP INTO
WISCONSIN THIS PAST WEEKEND FOR A BELATED
ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION.  I GOT TO DO A
LITTLE ANTIQUING AND FOUND THIS ATTIC
FINISH 10" PANTRY BOX (ON THE BOTTOM) FOR
MY BIG GREEN CUPBOARD IN THE LIVING ROOM.


HERE IS MY COLLECTION. THE NEW ONE
IS ON THE TOP ROW, MIDDLE BOTTOM.


I'VE BEEN WORKING A BIT ON A SAMPLER
FOR OUR BEDROOM AND THIS IS WHAT I HAVE
SO FAR. THE HOUSE WAS INSPIRED BY AN ANTIQUE
SAMPLER. THE REST I'M MAKING UP AS I GO. IT
HAS TO FIT IN A FRAME I HAVE ON HAND
SO I DID A RUNNING STITCH WITH A
DARKER THREAD SO I KNOW WHAT MY WORK
AREA SHOULD BE.


I STARTED PIECING SOME SCHOOLHOUSE QUILT
BLOCKS TODAY FOR A WALL HANGING ALSO
FOR OUR BEDROOM. THE PATTERN IS ONE OF MY
FAVORITES AND BY MY DEAR FRIEND CAROLE COLLINS.
I'M GOING TO DO SOME BROWN HOUSES TOO. I
THINK THERE WILL BE SIX OF EACH WITH SASHING
IN BETWEEN. I'LL TRY TO GET MORE DONE YET
THIS WEEK AND SHOW YOU MORE ON THE
WEEKEND. AS ALWAYS, THANKS FOR
STOPPING BY. UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

6 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
LOVE your collection of pantry boxes!!!
Hugs :)
Lauren

my3Kitties said...

I love your cross stitch sampler so far, can't wait to see it completed! Have you ever thought of making patterns for all your designs - you are very creative! Hope you enjoyed Wisconsin - home sweet home! just wish the snow would MELT!!!!! Tammy

moosecraft said...

LOVE the pantry boxes! And, I think you had better chart this sampler as you go... because I think many people are going to love this design when you finish!!!!

Penny said...

Love the pantry boxes -- and the sampler looks wonderful! Can't wait to see the finished product!

WoolenSails said...

Love your box collection.
Most of the ones I have seen around here are damaged and moldy.

Debbie

from me to thee......... said...

what a great find....and I can't wait to see your finished sampler and wall hanging. I am always, and I mean always amazed at your work...it is so beautiful, colors, design etc....and how fast you work!!!